Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

National Novel Writing Month 2015

Standard User

Thank goodness for this thread because once again I almost forgot about it lol. I came on here, saw this and remembered that it started today XD

*I'm Veolala btw I changed my username XD

• Brohoof 1

Nanowrimo update Nov. 1 2015:

2089 words done -- 47,911 to go! Woohoo! :D I wrote it out on paper first, and I typed it all out into a word processor. I thought I was going to come up a little short, but it exceeded my expectations. :yay: I might just stick to writing it out first and typing it in later. I feel like I write better with pen and paper than on a computer. We'll see if this strategy will work out during the weekday, though. :twi:

I'm gonna start writing tonight -- I was recovering from the fun of Halloween so I've put myself a few hours behind. No worries, though!

Great to see that people are already making progress. Keep it up! :D

• Brohoof 1

I didn't get started writing yet.  It's now 2am on the second and I probably won't get any writing done until Tuesday , at which point I may begin writing on paper while I'm at school and typing it up later.  I tend to have the most energy for writing when I'm at school these days so that might help.

(edited)

I've tried to do this for years. Let's see if I can at least hit 5K this month.

Sounds good! That's a very doable goal. We'll be cheering you on!  :wub:

Hope that everyone had a productive first day! If you met your word goal, awesome--keep it up! If not, no worries. I didn't either.  :lol:

Edited by Kolth
  • Brohoof 1

Well, restarting my story and making it a fanfic is probably the best idea I had with my story! The words come so freely now!

Also, EQD is having its NaNoWriMo contest, which I sadly can't join because of a small amounts unit of darkness and gore... Heh...

• Brohoof 1

Nanowrimo update, Nov. 2, 2015:

So far, I wrote 1589 words today! :D But since I didn't reach the 1667 word minimum, I'm going to continue writing later today and try to go past that. I'm feeling pumped!  :love: Let's try to keep the motivation ball rolling, because if it stops it's going to be even more difficult to get it going again.

• Brohoof 1

Let's try to keep the motivation ball rolling, because if it stops it's going to be even more difficult to get it going again.

That's the idea! I'm going full-on cheerleader for this month, and I would LOVE it if people would be as psyched as I am (which is totally happening so far! :D)

• Brohoof 1

I haven't done any writing today yet, but yesterday I somehow got to 2518 words.  :wau: I actually had a constant headache today, probably because I was staring at my computer screen all day yesterday. It's mostly gone now, so I'll see if I can't anything done. :squee:

Edited by Swick
  • Brohoof 1

I've written about 1,500 words, but 500 of them are a prologue I decided won't be used because I can easily insert all the information from it into the main story. So essentially I've written 1,000 words for my story, but I'm capable of writing much mure per day.

And this isn't my day two update, I'm just saying how today's writing has gone.

I've been wanting to write a fic for awhile, and I saw EQD is having a contest for NaNoWriMo 2015. So I'm gonna do it! I'm going to try to write a 50K fic.

inb4 failure

• Brohoof 1

Doing it this year! The odds of me reaching 50k are extremely slim though, with school and stuff.

I wish the best of luck to you, my fellow wrimo! *salutes*  :okiedokielokie:  Go on -- go and slay that 50,000 word giant! The pen is mightier than the sword! :yay:

Ahhh, so many people taking on the challenge! It brings a tear to my eye and warmth to my heart. Also my face, but that's just because I'm not participating in No-Shave November this year. ;)

Never feel discouraged if you have one off day! I haven't written anything and it is basically November 3rd, yet I'm still fully confident in my ability to complete my goal.  :love:

• Brohoof 1

My novel has some hidden links to MLP here and there, for example a portrait of a horse, the phrase 'Sun knows' (Celestia knows), a castle which looks like a toy set (The Crystal Palace), etc. things which only a brony will notice but which does not disrupt the story. 1449 words so far...

Ahhh, so many people taking on the challenge!

I have to thank you (and others). I never knew of this competition until I saw this topic. So far it has been really fun! :lol:

• Brohoof 2