Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

National Novel Writing Month 2015

Standard User

My main computer crashed again, so I can't even do a word count right now without getting it to the shop again.

Update: Wordcount, including placeholder text.

Ch1: 2107

Ch2: 2394

Ch3: 2457

Ch4: 1603 (incomplete)

Ch5: 1762 (incomplete)

Ch6: 1893 (incomplete)

Ch7: 2734 (incomplete)

Ch8: 769 (incomplete)

Total: 15721 out of 7928.53

• Brohoof 2

Hey everyone! It's been a minute since I posted here, my apologizes. :please:

I still have to close out my story, but my word count for nanowrimo is 50,435 words. :squee:

Applause! Great job. How did you manage it?

• Brohoof 1

Applause! Great job. How did you manage it?

Oh, thank you kindly :squee: Well, for me, it started with my mindset. All battles are won or lost in the mind first; and I knew that my biggest challenge wasn't going to be writing 50,000 words, but my tendency to over-analyze and self-criticize. The sixth day was the hardest. ^_^ But with the help of my mom and a dear friend, they helped me to see that I could do it and have fun at the same time. After that point, it was all in routine.

I had set aside 2 1/2 hours everyday to write unhindered by distractions. Usually from 9 to 11:30 pm, when my family was either asleep or winding down for the day. When I ran into writer's block, I would write out of sequence to scenes I wanted to write; and fill in the gaps later.  In the moments where I hit a creative lull mid chapter, I would continue to write anyway; knowing that I will redraft it later.

So, yeah. :) For me, it was a mix of 20% routine and 80% mindset. ^-^

• Brohoof 1