Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

National Novel Writing Month 2015

Standard User

... alright, you know what? Im going for it. The big one. The whole thing. 50,000 words. I will make myself do this. I have a basic idea already, so hopefully I can make it work.

• Brohoof 1

Great to see more people joining in on the insanity!

T-minus five days and a little less than four hours until NaNoWriMo 2015 begins. How's everyone doing? Planning going good? Nervous at all?  :lol:  The group project is still planning (I'm actually gonna update myself on the current current status in a second) but we're all itching to get started!

• Brohoof 2

Still pretty nervousited :lol:

Planning is going good. I have the main characters, setting, and a loose plot. I'm mostly worried about how I will start the story at this point -- I know everything else will fill itself in as I write. But a strong opening is essential; so I'm still figuring that out.

Yay!! I'm excited that I can be included in this. I signed up just the other week.

I've always been nervous about writing. I'm a good artist, but writing is completely different.

Really, I'll be proud to get ANYTHING done, but I'm going to go ahead and shoot all the way for 50,000 words.

I'm going in as what I believe the NaNoWriMo people call a "Pantser".

No planning. Just me and an idea and a pen on November 1st.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

Still pretty nervousited :lol:

Planning is going good. I have the main characters, setting, and a loose plot. I'm mostly worried about how I will start the story at this point -- I know everything else will fill itself in as I write. But a strong opening is essential; so I'm still figuring that out.

You can always start a little later in the story, then come back to the beginning! Order is for squares.  ;)

@@ShadOBabe, welcome aboard! I'll throw you on the list in the OP. :D  

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Huzzah! So what's everyone's genre?

I'm really just looking to start in on this fanfic idea I've had for a long time now involving Celestia and Luna. Up until this story idea I've been very turned off to the idea of writing about either of the two, let alone together, so this should be interesting! Genre will be Slice of Life and probably include touches of Comedy and Romance.

As for the group...we're working on it.  :lol:

Edited by Kolth

I think I'm going to try to get my current novel project's rough draft done for NaNoWriMo.  I've been sort of off and on planning the novel for a while now.  I aim to get at least 80,000 words.

I am busy with college and life, but I want to actually get this book written so I'm going to push myself to succeed.

• Brohoof 3

I think I'm going to try to get my current novel project's rough draft done for NaNoWriMo.  I've been sort of off and on planning the novel for a while now.  I aim to get at least 80,000 words.

I am busy with college and life, but I want to actually get this book written so I'm going to push myself to succeed.

Ooh, look at the tough guy over here!  ;)  But really, good luck! We'll be rooting you on.

• Brohoof 1

I know my goal is rather ambitious, but I feel like it has to be. Either way at the end of the month I will have a lot to show for my efforts. By shooting high, I will push myself to reach the goal or come as close as I possibly can.

• Brohoof 1

I have no idea how many words my idea will take, so just put me down for 15,000 words and I'll see if I can't push past it. :squee:

YAAAAAS. You know how to make me a happy camper, Swickruh. 15,000 it is!

• Brohoof 1

Two days until the Nanowri challenge begins!! :D

How are all of you feeling? :squee: As for me, I am excited for the challenge, but doubt in my writing ability is beginning to set in. Will I reach the goal? What if I get writers block? What if my story turns out horrible? Blah blah, self doubt -- blah! :muffins: The hardest thing for me will most likely be taming my inner editor. The mental obstacles are going to be the biggest challenge; all battles are one in the mind first.

Edited by Jaxsie
  • Brohoof 1

I'm feeling pretty let down; two members of our forum group bailed on us >_>. I was looking forward to this but I guess I can't do it anymore. Good luck though! :yay: I'm sure you'll do it :)

Don't let that get you down ^-^ With group projects, a falling off to some degree is to be expected. Not everyone will see it through -- I hope, though, that you still have enough people to continue the project. :)

And thanks -- I'll try my very best! :D

• Brohoof 1

Don't let that get you down ^-^ With group projects, a falling off to some degree is to be expected. Not everyone will see it through -- I hope, though, that you still have enough people to continue the project. :)

And thanks -- I'll try my very best! :D

Eh... yet another person bailed so we only have three people :/. Thanks for the kind words though :) Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 1

Nanowrimo is almost here to claim our souls, everyone! As I'm sure that I'm not the only one that is nervous, I think I pep talk is in order. (If I am the only one nervous, this is more so for me, lol) *clears throat*

*claps slowly* Beautiful...simply awe inspiring!  :lol:

Nanowrimo is almost here to claim our souls, everyone! As I'm sure that I'm not the only one that is nervous, I think I pep talk is in order. (If I am the only one nervous, this is more so for me, lol) *clears throat*

*claps slowly* Beautiful...simply awe inspiring!  :lol:

Yep, NaNo is here tomorrow. Good luck to everyone, and let's do this!

I wanted to clear my calendar by updating both of my fimfics, but thanks to absurd amounts of procrastination, I didn't update one and am only halfway through the other. ...I'll be doing NaNo anyway.

• Brohoof 1

Just got home from the NaNoWriMo kickoff party!

Not too bad a start. About 450 words in an hour. Tried to just write unhindered, but just couldn't help sitting and just brainstorming a little here and there. Had no idea how to start it, so I just started it with a dream my protagonist was having. She is currently flopped over on the floor next to her bed with her sister standing over her.

"Molly?"

"Molly is dead. Leave a message."

• Brohoof 1