Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

National Novel Writing Month 2015

Standard User

So, it took till 2:15 a.m., but I hit my goal for the 7th (2000 words today, totaling 14089 overall.)

New tip for everyone: The ninja rule. If you find yourself having writer's block, have your character(s) attacked by ninjas (or some form of enemy). This will give you 4 or 5 pages to figure out who these ninjas are and why they're attacking, as well as moving the main plot forward.

• Brohoof 1

@Jaxsia and @Kolth

Thanks for your tips, I tried them both out and they definitely work.

I doubt whether I will really be able to write 50,000 words. I have only now hit 5000. And I also have exams coming up.

Maybe I should try out the NaNoWriMo Young Writers instead, we get to set our own targets in that. Or I can just continue with NaNoWriMo and see how much I can get.

• Brohoof 2

I once tried to charge my tablet (which uses 5 volts of electric potential and 2 amperes of electric current) with a charger that only supplied 1 ampere of current (the voltage was the same). Without explaining any more technical electromagnetism mumbo-jumbo, my tabled ended up using more charge than it was getting.

Which is why...

nano2015_5.png

Jeez, and I was so exhausted on Friday...

• Brohoof 1

Nanowrimo Update Nov. 9th, 2015:

It's been a few days since I made an update, but everything is going swimmingly -- I haven't had the time to write one until now, haha. Today I wrote 1,832 words ^^ Overall I have 46 pages and 15,173 words so far! My fingers are tired, though, lol. I'm hoping to not develop carpal tunnel by the end of this month :lol:

It's great to see you guys keep at it too! For your labor of words, have a -- Oh my gosh, she's soooo cute! :wub:  *explodes*

OMGOSH-so-cute-Applejack-my-little-pony-

Edited by Jaxsie
  • Brohoof 1

Interesting tidbit: my original take on the story (the one from a million years ago) dictated that Nova and Tenna be the recipient for an invitation for a sailing trip and Gem was the one planning the trip. Somehow I found it more befitting for it to be backwards: Gem being the recipient for the invitation and Nova and Tenna being the ones planning out the trip.

nano2015_6.png

• Brohoof 1

Nanowrimo Update Nov. 9th 2015...again, lol:

I wrote my last update on my word count for Nov. 8th, but it was already well past midnight when I wrote that. :lol: Today I wrote 2090 words! Despite being really tired after a long day, I'm feeling really pumped! :D But now, I think I am going to face-plant into a soft pillow and wrap myself up in a warm blanket and catch some Z's. :lol:

Also...my left wrist hurts <.< lol

Edited by Jaxsie

@, no worries if you can't reach your goal! There is no prize for winning (other than self-satisfaction) and no punishment for "failing." Write what you can and have fun with it! I have a measly goal of 15,000 words and, as of 10 November, still don't know exactly what I'm going to be writing about. 

Ewe can dew eet! :D

• Brohoof 2

@,

Hey, don't be too hard on yourself. You may not be able to reach 80,000 words within the allotted time, but try to write what you can. Sometimes life just gets in the way and there's nothing we can do about it. I would advise you to shoot for next year, but your book doesn't deserve to sit on a shelf for that long. Just slowly chip away at it when you can and have a new idea ready for the next Nanowrimo :)

Thanks, this is what I aim to do, for sure. I had hoped to use the writing to escape some troubles I'm having, but I just don't have the time and energy for it. Maybe next year I'll be feeling better and will be able to do it.

@, no worries if you can't reach your goal! There is no prize for winning (other than self-satisfaction) and no punishment for "failing." Write what you can and have fun with it! I have a measly goal of 15,000 words and, as of 10 November, still don't know exactly what I'm going to be writing about. 

Ewe can dew eet! :D

I wish you good luck! I simply don't seem to be in the right frame of mind for this after all, unfortunately. But I'll be rooting for the rest of you! :D
  • Brohoof 1

About 8000 words so far. However I have a busy month ahead (lots and lots of exams), so I doubt whether I will be able to finish even half the challenge. I might still try to finish my book though.

• Brohoof 1

Question: is it normal to have afterthoughts of what to write next for when you're done? Because I just accidentally created a secondary character for what I feel is the next thing to write.

Plus, I've reached chapters G4 and NT4 and I feel that these will have to be the chapters that get revised heavily.

Oh, and I finally gave a meaning to THIS little pony's special talent (the blue one on the left), and it took me about, what, four years?

I think it is normal to get ideas for what to write next, Ganaram.

And now, my update...

Please change my goal on the front page to 50,000 words... I've had a new idea I wanna try to get there. I'll have to write 3000 words a day or so to make it, but I'm determined to succeed! I plan to start writing before I go to bed, if my computer will ever get done updating. -_-

• Brohoof 2

@@Ganaram Inukshuk, There is no rule against writing out of sequence. I was against it when I first started the challenge and then writer's block happened, haha. When I get stuck, I find it helps to write the part I want first and fill it in later that way you have something to work to.

---

How are all my fellow nanowrimos doing out there?! We are half way through with the challenge ya'll! :yay:  This is pretty exciting! I know that by now we have all been through our share of ups and down -- I know I sure have. You're fingers are likely weary and you may or may not have developed carpal tunnel in the process. But we made it half way! Whether you made it past the half way point or not, you should be proud of yourself. It takes a lot of guts to even try the challenge! If you don't have someone to give you a pat on the shoulder for your hard work, do it yourself; because you deserve it, gosh dang it! :D

35418__safe_pinkie+pie_animated_firework

How are all my fellow nanowrimos doing out there?! We are half way through with the challenge ya'll!

If only:

1 - my brother wouldn't hog my computer for hours on end.

B - I actually use my tablet for nanowork when I don't have my main computer.

I decided to just hop ahead to the good part, because I've already been thinking about it. My only concern is getting it coherent, but does it really need to be if the protagonist and deuteragonist are representative of 14-year-old personalities? Then there's the issue of the tritagonist...

• Brohoof 1

Sigh! Half way through and still less than 8000 words. I probably will continue till the end of this month. Previously, I thought of continuing my novel till I finish it (and even getting it published), but now I am not sure if it is worth the effort.

The +ve:

• I get to boast about completing a novel
  • I can discover a talent if I have one (if I don't, atleast I will know that)

The -ve:

• It will take a lot of my time. And I really have a busy year ahead of me with lots of important

Anyway, I will probably think of that later and just do what I can this November! B)

• Brohoof 1

I've been slacking this weekend, bring my avg/day to 1800/day. I'm hoping getting back into the rhythm of school will help me write.

After all, what's a better motivator then avoiding schoolwork? :P

• Brohoof 1

Sorry I've been away, everyone! Been busy with lots and lots of stuff.

Good to hear that people are still pushing for their goals! Makes my heart warm and fuzzy on this snowy Arizona day. :D

Update from me: STILL 0 WORDS BOOYAH. That's what Thanksgiving break is for, really.

• Brohoof 1

I have under 2000 words still at present... it's been rather busy around here due to some things that happened unexpectedly.  It's going to be rather busy for a while and I may not have the time/energy to finish in this month but that's okay.  I'll finish the novel one day regardless.

@, I've had carpal tunnel already for years thanks to drawing and writing.  Some days I can't use my computer at all, ahaha. xD

• Brohoof 1

Nanowrimo Update for Nov. 16th 2015:

Today I wrote 1667 words exactly. It was hard to reach the word minimum today, mainly because I'm really tired right now. But I did it -- so yay! :yay: I'm on track and everything is going pretty good. I'm not far ahead, though, and I can't afford to miss a day. Knowing life, I should probably do more than just the minimum. :lol: Some days I barely make it and others I go well past -- and then there are those days where I go, Bleh, I don't feel like writing anymore. 1,300 words will do. :P It's been a productive day, though, so I'm happy :D

Edited by Jaxsie

Nanowrimo Update Nov. 18, 2015:

Today I wrote 1,959 words :catface: I decided that I would kill off someone close to a character. That was the hardest thing that I have ever written in a story. I wasn't expecting to get emotional while writing it -- I was literally getting teary eyed. :( When I write, I become so invested and immersed that I tend to take on the emotions of the characters. And goodness was that hard. But I feel it's necessary for the story. The upside is that I know I wrote it well, because if I could get teary eyed from writing it, the reader likely will from reading it. :)

• Brohoof 1