Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

National Novel Writing Month 2015

Standard User

Is it sad that in almost all of my books someone dies only 2 chapters into it? :twi:

Not at all! Murder to your hearts content. :D

@, what's your total word count so far?

I'm still at zero YAY 

I don't think I'm going to make it.

I haven't been up for writing at all this month and have only the tiniest bit written.

But I'll definitely sign up again next year!! Just participating a little has got me more excited about writing.

• Brohoof 1

Whew, finally on break! Maybe I can start writing on this blank page...

Hope everyone is going well! You're in the last seven days, so power through it! If you think you won't make your goal, don't give up -- you'll still have an awesome product on December 1st. :D

(On a side note, is anyone else hurt that Wordplay is not in the banner? :( )

• Brohoof 1

So my thing's been untitled and I anticipate, other than filling the placeholders, two more chapters, that is, if everything and the kitchen sink doesn't bog me down first (unless it's me ordering an R9 390, then that would be amazing).

I've also illustrated certain scenes because I can, so now the problem becomes what to title the thing.

• Brohoof 1

The challenge is almost over and I have only finished 9000 words :(.

I was thinking about continuing and finishing it even after the event ends. In fact, I was even having publishing in mind (though it is a bit too early).

Is anyone willing to read my story so far and see if it is actually worth finishing? Because if it is worth, I will go ahead. I am quite busy now with my school life so if it is not worth, I will stop (and focus solely on school).

So, anyone willing to read it and comment? Ask me here or in a PM. Thanks if you are willing to.

Also, will this topic remain active from December? Some of us might still want to continue.

The challenge is almost over and I have only finished 9000 words :(.

I was thinking about continuing and finishing it even after the event ends. In fact, I was even having publishing in mind (though it is a bit too early).

Is anyone willing to read my story so far and see if it is actually worth finishing? Because if it is worth, I will go ahead. I am quite busy now with my school life so if it is not worth, I will stop (and focus solely on school).

So, anyone willing to read it and comment? Ask me here or in a PM. Thanks if you are willing to.

Also, will this topic remain active from December? Some of us might still want to continue.

I'm sure it will still remain active. I'm not going anywhere. ^-^

And don't be down. :) You may not have finished in the allotted time, but what matters is that you got the ball rolling on your project! 9000 words is a wonderful start! And I'd be more than willing to read your story :)

Yeah, not sure if I can finish my thing in time as well, considering, among other things, I have to build a monitor stand to attach to my desk and I have a video card to install into my computer.

That's okay -- you covered a lot of ground! Do what you can, but don't beat yourself up with what you can't. ^-^ Edited by Jaxsie
  • Brohoof 1

We're in the final few hours! East cost, you have less than five hours. Everyone else, be happy that you don't live on the east coast! :P

If you're looking to meet your goal -- PUSH FOR IT! Be awesome like that.

If you probably won't make your goal -- don't be down on yourself! You still wrote a lot more than I did. :D (For anyone wondering, my grand total is zero words. I got far too busy playing Fallout 4 studying for finals.)

Make sure to check in tomorrow so we can get everyone's final word counts and brag a bit. :)

• Brohoof 1

Nanowrimo Update Nov. 30th, 2015

This update was more appropriate for late night but I didn't get around to it. I finished the nanowrimo challenge yesterday! :D I was set to finish today, but I put the petal to the metal and got it done a day sooner. :yay: I wanted to scream for joy but it was already late then, haha. :lol: A day before the challenge, I thought I couldn't complete it and I got cold feet. And on the 6th day, I had become so discouraged that I was contemplating quitting. But I pushed through and made it and I'm very happy :squee:

• Brohoof 2

And with that, we're done! Hope everyone enjoyed the last 30 days.  :pinkie:

Go ahead and leave a comment with your final word count (if you would like to) so I can update the OP with everyone's totals. And for those who made their goal, congratulations!

• Brohoof 1

Well, my grand total is 7964 words. Obviously not my 20,000 word goal, but hey. I get distracted easily. (Why did I do this again?)

Anyway, that was an experience. I learned that I like writing but I also hate writing. I already sort of knew that, but NaNoWriMo really hammered the point home.

I finished the nanowrimo challenge yesterday! 

Way to go! :squee:

• Brohoof 2

The group project total is 6655, although only about half of those will be making it into the final version. We've decided to spend some more time planning our story before writing it, so we probably won't get to actually writing it for another month or so.

• Brohoof 1