Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Life Is Strange

Sugoi Kurloz

I remember first playing the demo before the game was released. It seemed boring and whimsical, so I said let's get it. Shit was touching and I was instantly invested in the lives of these characters.

I played every episode as they came out became attached to theory and desperately trying to make sense of this horrendous situation these two girls are in. The symbols and unknown danger. The direct (Nathan) force and alternate (Jefferson) force. Episode four was the breaking point. Episode five is coming in two days.

What is everyone expecting?

• Brohoof 1

I remember first playing the demo before the game was released. It seemed boring and whimsical, so I said let's get it. Shit was touching and I was instantly invested in the lives of these characters.

I played every episode as they came out became attached to theory and desperately trying to make sense of this horrendous situation these two girls are in. The symbols and unknown danger. The direct (Nathan) force and alternate (Jefferson) force. Episode four was the breaking point. Episode five is coming in two days.

What is everyone expecting?

I am expecting more "WHAT THE FUCK!? SERIOUSLY!? HOW DO I EVEN!? WHAT!? NO. THEY CAN'T DIE. STOP IT. NO. I REFUSE. THIS GAME CAUSES ME PAIN. WHY DO I LOVE IT SO MUCH." followed by so many curse words that can not be posted here.

Haven't yet invested in the rest of the episodes at this point but episode 1 was a pleasant surprise, even if it was kinda cheesy at many parts. I have that the new episodes keep getting better and better and I really want to get them eventually. If the season pass goes on sale, I will definitely jump on that deal. This is definitely one of the more unique games of the genre at this point, Telltale seems fine continuing with what they have always done. 

Haven't yet invested in the rest of the episodes at this point but episode 1 was a pleasant surprise, even if it was kinda cheesy at many parts. I have that the new episodes keep getting better and better and I really want to get them eventually. If the season pass goes on sale, I will definitely jump on that deal. This is definitely one of the more unique games of the genre at this point, Telltale seems fine continuing with what they have always done.

All the fluffy awkwardness makes up for the bad things that will happen. It may be cheesy but they do it on purpose to also make it hurt more.

Part of what I love about the game is it ISN'T by Telltale. People were starting to act like Telltale were the only ones who could make games like this.

Life is Strange is one of my favorite games ever and its not even done yet. I have never been so emotionally attached to characters in a video game, except for maybe Walking Dead. Can't wait to play the last episode!

Unfortunately I have to wait for the weekend to play it. *cries*

• Brohoof 1

I didn't think I'd like it, but I gave it a shot and actually really liked it. I at least appreciated it being a choice-based game that doesn't run like crap(lookin' at you Telltale), but ended up liking the characters a ton, Max may be kind of a hipster but she's such a peach <3

Episode 5 anytime now man... :huh:

Hope nothing too bad happens to our poor rewinding girl though. :(

• Brohoof 1

We will be getting it by 7PM tonight. I guess they released it early on PC and Xbox because of the fact that the last 2 episodes apparently had issues where they had to delay them a few hours, so they wanted to give themselves extra time in case that happened again.

Okay, so I've played the final episode and incoming opinions on the ending:

I absolutely hated the ending where you chose to kill Chloe mostly because it felt predictable and very Final Destination-y. My wife even commented saying she felt it was like Final Destination. Which would be fine if the OTHER ending was written better. The ending where you choose to spare Chloe felt like it was rushed. It had no real explanation of anything. However that's the one I chose as in my mind, Max and Chloe are going back to Seattle to be with mom and goofy dad.

Ultimately I felt the ending(s) were not a big enough pay off for all that build up. Some of our choices literally meant nothing. However that's not to say it didn't have some redeeming qualities. I'd be a douchebag if I ONLY saw the negative. Here's some of the POSITIVE highlights about the ending:

• Max and Chloe will finally admit feelings for each other if you played right.
  • Building the relationship with Warren was almost meaningless as in the end everything is either undone or everyone dies. So your choices are gay or nothing. This was especially amusing to me following a lot of sites talking about the game because a LOT of people have been in denial that there is ANY homosexual references in the game from day one and homophobia across the board. It was extremely amusing to see their reactions when they came to find out that Max is bi, Chloe is clearly gay or bi, and even in the art gallery there is a photo of two girls kissing. Not to mention if you played correctly. Chloe blatantly kisses Max and admits she loves her. It was amusing to see people still try and deny it.
  • David turns out to be very misunderstood, which I felt legitimate sympathy for him because I know how hard his situation is as my father went through it.
  • It leaves the door open for a "possible" sequel.

Honestly, I chose to save Chloe for one main reason: I knew that clearly the universe wanted her dead, but after all I had done to save her, all the bullshit I endured for her sake, I wasn't about to let that all be undone "just because". After all I endured I wasn't about to just let that go. Sure the town may be destroyed, but if I just let Chloe die, then Max's pain and suffering and all her efforts were pointless and I couldn't do that.

Ultimately... Great game, but the endings were fairly weak. :c

Edited by Guest

• 2 years later...

Reviving this thread sorry, i recently got into the game because I saw Before the Storm advertised (before its release) so went to check out the main game as ep 1 was free. Im hooked. I love these games and I cant wait for the next ep to be released for Before the Storm. 

Ive never had a TV show, film or game that I can relate to so so much. Its like watching my teen years. Chloe is exactly the same as my oldest friend from school, (except he's a camp gay guy). And I am pretty much in Max's situation. Ive only recently got back in contact with him. 

It sounds bad, but Chloe is the person I always wanted to be. That rebellious, free spirit just doing whatever, yeah so she makes hard and bad choices, but who doesnt. 

Also the soundtrack is incredible. Ive had both on repeat for weeks now, simply love them! I just hope there will be many more episodes to come after Before the Storm is over. 

• The title was changed to Life Is Strange
On 11/3/2017 at 2:58 AM, StormBlaze said:

Reviving this thread sorry, i recently got into the game because I saw Before the Storm advertised (before its release) so went to check out the main game as ep 1 was free. Im hooked. I love these games and I cant wait for the next ep to be released for Before the Storm. 

Ive never had a TV show, film or game that I can relate to so so much. Its like watching my teen years. Chloe is exactly the same as my oldest friend from school, (except he's a camp gay guy). And I am pretty much in Max's situation. Ive only recently got back in contact with him. 

It sounds bad, but Chloe is the person I always wanted to be. That rebellious, free spirit just doing whatever, yeah so she makes hard and bad choices, but who doesnt. 

Also the soundtrack is incredible. Ive had both on repeat for weeks now, simply love them! I just hope there will be many more episodes to come after Before the Storm is over. 

Are you planning on playing Before the Storm? imo, it's got everything the first one has, but there's something about it that kinda makes it better. If you haven't finished the first game, you should definitely do that and play BtS it's amazing.

56 minutes ago, Kafooku said:

Are you planning on playing Before the Storm? imo, it's got everything the first one has, but there's something about it that kinda makes it better. If you haven't finished the first game, you should definitely do that and play BtS it's amazing.

dont worry, im all up to date. Finished 100% both games (so far). Just waiting for episode 3 to be released..... maybe another 4 months 

3 hours ago, StormBlaze said:

dont worry, im all up to date. Finished 100% both games (so far). Just waiting for episode 3 to be released..... maybe another 4 months 

yeah, i understand the wait, but like..... I'm ready for the other episode rn

LiS and LiS: BtS player here. Loved the first game, loving this one too. After Episode 2 finished, I was left emotionally drained. I got a real sense of nostalgia from the Tempest part, considering I took part in a Dramafest at high school. My heart ached when Chloe and Rachel kissed, probably because I'm lonely and I wish someone as free-spirited and wonderful as Rachel would come into my life. But that ending. By Luna's flowing hybrid-of-ether-and-horsey-hair mane, I was completely speechless. See, I had read that dossier Rachel's dad put together, and pieced together a horrible truth from my perspective. Not only did I learn who that mystery woman was (by which I mean Sera), but she was in with Damon, and if Damon's business was any bit as bad as what went down with the Prescotts and Jefferson in LiS, then I had to get Rachel the f**k out of there, like as soon as dinner was finished. I haven't gone near BtS since. Too much heartache to deal with right now.

Episode 3 can't come soon enough, and on a closing note, damn you Jefferson. Damn you for taking Rachel away from Chloe. Damn you for engineering her death at the hands of Nathan, damn you for engineering Kate's suicide attempt (which I was able to prevent, thank Celestia) and damn you for nearly taking away Max too. If, one day, some kickass scientist invents a portal for people to enter games, I'm going to jump into LiS just so I can beat you to a bloody pulp. Mark my words.

• 5 years later...