Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 2 poll (some spoilers)

Nah

99 users have voted

1. 1. What was the best episode of season 2?

• The Return of Harmony part 1
    • The Return of Harmony part 2
    • Lesson Zero
    • Luna Eclipsed
    • Sisterhooves Social
    • The Cutie Pox
    • May the Best Pet Win!
    • The Mysterious Mare Do Well
    • Sweet and Elite
    • Secrets of My Excess
    • Hearth's Warming Eve
    • Family Appreciation Day
    • Baby Cakes
    • The Last Roundup
    • The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000
    • Read it and Weep
    • Hearts and Hooves Day
    • A Friend in Deed
    • Putting Your Hoof Down
    • It's about Time
    • Dragon Quest
    • Hurricane Fluttershy
    • Ponyville Confidential
    • MMMystery on the Friendship Express
    • A Canterlot Wedding - Part 1
    • A Canterlot Wedding - Part 2
  2. 2. Who was the best character introduced in season 2?

• Discord
    • Pipsqueak
    • Pound Cake
    • Pumpkin Cake
    • Filthy Rich
    • Tom the Diamond
    • Smarty Pants
    • Tank
    • PeeWee
    • Iron Will
    • Gustava le Grand
    • Mulia Mild
    • Cranky Doodle Donkey
    • Thunderlane
    • Daring Do
    • Featherweight
    • Shining Armor
    • Princess Cadence
    • The Changlings
  3. 3. Did you like season 2?

• yes
    • no

Today, season 2 ended, now we need to vote. Just vote in the poll and decide! This is just asking about season 2, whether you liked it or not, please, vote in the poll!

*Edit, as of 4/22 at 3:30 Central time, you can now choose multiple choices.

Edited by Darkshadow Dash

A Canterlot Wedding - Part 2: Lots of action, lots of drama, lots of love. The way the animation fit in was just grand and made it that much better.

Discord: Without a doubt, he is one of the best characters in the show. Reminds you heavily of Q from Star Trek, but a non-brony (or a non-Trekker, for that matter) would come to appreciate his utterly humorous nature and the way he toys with the ponies.

• Brohoof 1

It was between Discord and Cadence. It is a really hard call, but Princess Cadence was so far different from how I had expected her to be that I simply had to choose her. Originally, when I heard about the character, I thought that, finally, they were succumbing to the urge to add a prissy, stereotypical princess to the show. She surprised me. She had gritty determination and a fun-loving personality.

Discord is a fantastic villain, but he never really surprised me with his behavior. Cadence on the other hand was something that I had not expected at all, and I greatly appreciated her characterization. I like the character a great deal now, which surprises me quite a bit actually.

I hope that we see much more of her in future episodes, particularly episodes that are lighter and more "slice of life" than this one. I think that she would really shine as a character.

As for favorite episode.... For me, there is nothing better than the second part of A Canterlot Wedding. I have been listening to that song from the beginning of that episode, and it gives me chills every time.

The duet between Cadence and the Changeling Queen was amazing. Really, it brought me back to the early days of my childhood. It reminded me of some of the finest Disney songs. This isn't my nostalgia talking here either, It was honestly beautiful. The juxtaposition of the two singers was both haunting and moving - you can feel the full weight of the dramatic tension. (And that voice actress can *really* sing!)

Edited by Scootacool
  • Brohoof 2

Favorite episode:

A Canterlot Wedding part 2

The first part I thought was interesting, but it wasn't my favorite. The second part though I thought was actually really good. As Scootacool said, that song at the beginning was amazing (already put it on my phone).

Character:

If they included Daring Do in more episodes somehow, I would vote for her. However, Discord I think made a wonderful character. I picture him looking something like a John Cleese if he were to have a human counterpart. Though he seemed like he wasn't really trying to be undefeated because he just left the Elements of Harmony in an easy-access location. I think he was a great character, but a bad villain.

EDIT: then again looking at all these Characters, none of them were really re-introduced.

Did I like season 2?

Yes. OMG yes. I think there were only a handful of episodes that I didn't thoroughly enjoy. While all the episodes were good, it had a few that I didn't take much interest in. I think that there were more episodes in season 1 that didn't catch my interest.

Edited by TOMahwk

As much as I loved the season finale, Hurricane Fluttershy is still my favorite episode of season 2. I liked seeing Fluttershy overcome her fears, the message that every bit of effort can make a difference, and seeing Rainbow Dash back in season 1 character.

My favorite character is Discord. He is a great character who made the series premier extremely fun. His overconfidence doomed him the first time around, but I'm hoping that he'll take the mane 6 more seriously while spreading chaos in season 3. (So long as the role John de Lancie talked about having in season 3 is Discord.)

How could you not have enjoyed season 2? It had two amazing villains and a ton of memorable episodes. :lol:

'Hurricane Fluttershy' would have gotten my vote for best episode, but the second part of 'The Canterlot Wedding' was so great, I had to give it a vote!

As for best character, I would say Cadence, but that's probably because I'm still shocked from the awesomeness of the last episodes. I might change my vote for that later..

And of course I liked Season 2! :D

Season 2 has been awesome. So many good episodes.

Eaven though the wedding episodes was awesome, my favorite is still lession zero.

Discord is the best character in season 2, btw.

Canterlot wedding would have probably made No. 1 for me, if there had been more Luna and a more convincing explanation on how Celestia can be beaten so easily/two ponies can suddenly vanquish all the badguys, but I'm just picky like that.

so it is "Secret of my Excess" for me, because of a real tearjerker at the end and me being a sucker for SxR.

Also, Discord hits all other Saturday-catoon villains way out of the park (with some help from his hench-rock Tom that is).

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard

If you introduced this a few weeks, rather then a few hours after the season finale, then I think the vote might have been a tad different. My vote for best episode goes to Lesson Zero.

Canterlot Wedding Part 2 is easily mah favorite episode this season and in the entire series so far :D. Before that, I really don't know what, I'm just still amazed Also, how come Queen Chrysalis (The queen of the Changelings) isn't listed as a seperate introduced character. She's freakin' creepy and is just badass in general. Sorry Discord, but it looks like creepy beats chaos this time around for me :P.

Yay I'm not the only one who voted for Wedding part 1 lol. Part 1 was adorable/cute/suspenseful while part 2 was badass/intense/heartwarming, so I went for the cuter of the two and picked Part 1.

• Brohoof 1

The only thing that's really hard to decide is the best character, there were so many that got introduced and most of them were great and obviously The royal wedding part 2 is going to destroy all the other episodes.

A Canterlot Wedding - Part 2 is the highest? why do people always say their favorite is the most recent episode. The first part was much better, anyway.

and comon...

they destroy her with love? what kind of hippie bullshit is that

a friend in deed is the best IMO... lots of songs, and it was hilarious

• Brohoof 1

A Canterlot Wedding - Part 2 is the highest? why do people always say their favorite is the most recent episode. The first part was much better, anyway.

and comon...

they destroy her with love? what kind of hippie bullshit is that

a friend in deed is the best IMO... lots of songs, and it was hilarious

Love, whether you like it or not is a very powerful thing!

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

Hurricane Fluttershy was the best episode and Discord the best character, albeit the wedding episodes (both of them) had me seriously considering, and Cadence is amazing as well.

Best episode: A Canterlot Wedding- Part 2(Lesson Zero is a very very very close second, however); Best new character: Cadence- she really surprised me, I think she might almost be best pony now. Almost. :lol: Did I like Season 2? No way, I loved it(still voted yes though)! :wub: