Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shining Armor is not the father?

Spark Thunderbass

Alright, so I went on Deviantart, and I found this. http://www.deviantart.com/art/Cadance-s-AFFAIR-Shining-Armor-is-NOT-the-father-566910604 It's an editorial written by a user claiming that Shining Armor is not the father of Cadance's daughter. But that's not all he said, he then goes on to state that the real father just so happens to be Prince Blueblood based on references found in the past 4 seasons, up until the point where they had an affair prior to A Canterlot Wedding Pt 1.

I'm not too sure if he's either being dead serious about this or if he's just being sarcastic but won't admit it, and even if he was serious, I don't think I would believe a thing that he said, because, clearly this is and always will be a kids show. If the show's staff somehow did go into the situation of affairs and all that sort of thing, It would result in a massive outrage among audiences, Hasbro would probably get into a serious lawsuit and receive hefty fines, and the show would most likely be banned.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Spark Prickle

They couldn't have something like that on a kids' show. I guess there could be an affair in the show, but certainly not one that included sex. And Princess Cadence is the princess of LOVE. She would never cheat on Shining Armor.

It makes very little sense that such would be the case.

Anyway you look at it, the show is being written to market more products, even if it's not in every episode it may be opening the door for a future opportunity for some now product.

To OP,

I think I know that guy and I think he is known to make sarcastic jokes that are based on false claims.  In short, its a joke theory on purpose.  

Edited by pony.colin

That would make for an interesting fanfic/clopfic but probably won't be cannon, do you seriously think MLP would touch adultery of all issues? It is true there have been a lot of adultery jokes due to the cake twins being a unicorn and pegasus instead of earth ponies like their parents but that is about as far on that subject as this show is going to get.

• Brohoof 1

Actually it's the reverse... Shining Armor had an affair with Chrysalis without knowing it. Shining Armor is going to have a baby... and a couple of changling babies. 

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

Shining Armour is the father mostly because.

A: Blueblood is a narsassistic pig

B: If Rarity of all ponies can't stand him, you honestly think Cadence would?

C: Not even Chrysalis would take him XD

D: He shits himself over getting hit with cake, The Crystal Empire is surrounded by miles and miles of snow. He'd probably cry and then freeze to death, removing his wasted existance from Equestria.

E: Cadance has an entry Royal Guard of stallions to choose from (including Flash Sentry!) if she was feeling frisky. XD

Makes sense since she is the princess of love! I bet she couldn't help but get a little love over other ponies or other ponies love in her....I mean on her...I mean....ummm....LOOK! A DISTRACTION *points in other direction* *Runs away*.

I'm kind of laughing upon reading this essay. Why would the writers pull that kind of out of nowhere twist? He mentions these interactions with Cadance that Blueblood has which are more of a courtly thing to do not a love thing. Also, he claims that the twist comes from some leaked, "inside sources." Can I see these inside sources?

Of course not, I never said that I believed that, not even in the first place.

Right.

But you did make a topic about it..