Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your best line for your date?

Dusty

I am aware that many ponies here are currently in a relationship. Some may not; not even I myself. But when you are in a relationship, do you say something sweet to the other person? do you always compliment them everyday? (I.g eyes, looks, personality, etc.) If so, what do you say to them?

For example. If I had someone in my life, I'd tell them:

"If hugs were leaves, I'd give you a tree. If kisses were water, I'd give you an ocean. If love was life, I'd give you mine."

So give me your best shot, everypony! :D what would YOU say?

• Brohoof 6

Nope, we aren't big on words. When we say something, it won't be dressed in florid prose. It will be simple, but you'll know it's sincere since we so rarely give out compliments.

Edited by Wubtavia
  • Brohoof 3

Whenever I see my significant other in an outfit that I think looks good on them, I am sure to let them know right away.

• Brohoof 2

What's this thing called a 'date'? Lol

But seriously, I've never said anything like that... And when I see coworkers in relationships saying things like that to the other, I can't even take them seriously.

• Brohoof 4

Generally, I'm not too big on pickup lines, but from time to time, I'll use "What's cookin' good lookin'?"

Apart from that, I'll give a few compliments where appropriate and what not. Sometimes it's what you don't say that matters the most.

• Brohoof 2

A friend invited me to a party.  I refused, said I didn't like parties very much.  He said he'd set me up w a hot date, so I said I'd come.  He set me up w a woman going through a really nasty divorce (wonderful sense of humor, my friend).  He introduces us, she GLARES at me & says "I HATE it when guys try to hit on me at parties!"  I said "I hate it, too! That gives us something in common! We should go somewhere & talk about it over drinks."

My friend cracked up.

• Brohoof 2

Eh, cheesy stuff might come across as forced to be honest. I suppose if that is the genuine you and not just a tactic you think might work best, your significant other will most likely catch on and appreciate it dearly. Your tone of voice is also key: you could say the most simple "I love you" and the happiness or affection you exhibit alone could make that someone's day, haha.  Sources: my own current relationship and the healthy, stable relationships I've encountered 90% of the time.

• Brohoof 3

• 4 weeks later...

Everything is so weird and just completely contexts based, it's hard to prepare for the hat I say. Just know it'll sound like it belongs in some modern Shakespearean play.

"Fair maiden, your eyes have most dearly enchanted me. May I hold your gaze but a moment longer?"

Sappy, but works for me I suppose :3

I just be myself usually even though im still single not sure if being myself really works anymore but i am always honest (: but as for a joke i will may e say , did you went to heaven ? Becouse i can tell you look beautiful! ....ya not good at it lol.

I personally don't care too much for pickup lines and I don't think I've ever used one in earnest. But what matters most is that what's being said comes from the heart. 

To be honest, I don't even know how to act in that kind of a situation. I never dated anypony, and never had any kind of relationship. (But I think, I would act as stupid as I always do) 

Edited by Raynoult

The only time I'd really say a "line" of sorts would be to say something cheesy just to get a laugh or giggle out of my partner. Otherwise I'd just be sincere.