Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your words vs Your thoughts

gamecubeguy214

What's the difference between how you talk to people and how you think? My difference is that when I speak, I talk normal usually. Sometimes I get weird in my words and sometimes my voice will sound unintentionally aggressive depending on what people are saying to me. When I think, it's usually my style of speaking. But when I'm in a bad mood, I will swear. A lot. It would change from ''Nah, I won't do this work, when did it even get in my folder?'' to ''F*** this s***, I'm not doing this f****** work. When the f*** did this s*** even get in my f****** folder?''

• Brohoof 2

Hmm... The difference between what I say and what I think...

Situation:
Someone walks up to me when I'm sitting and reading a book in the park.

They say: "Hi. Am I bothering you? I just thought you needed a friend. I don't mean anything, it's just that it seems like you're lonely."

I say: "No bother. If you want, you could join me, I guess."

What I'm thinking: "Of course you're f*cking bothering me! If I wanted a friend, I would've asked for one! You obviously mean something, so don't f*cking say that. I seem lonely? I'm sitting in the park reading a f*cking book, maybe I wanted to 'seem lonely'. Go the f*ck away! Has it occurred to you that maybe I want to be lonely?"

Another Situation:
I'm riding by bike through downtown, and a red light stops me. Someone takes this chance to walk up to me and ask me whatever is on their mind (seemingly).

They say: "Hey there. I've seen you ride past her a lot. Obviously you're quite athletic, but I have a few questions if you don't mind. Where do you live? What time did you start? What's your destination? How old are you? How fast do you usually go? Do you get out of breath often? What are you drinking?"

I say: "Oh, hi. I don't mind. [insert Town Here]. 3pm. Anywhere. 17. Around 19mph. Not really, no. Water."

What I'm thinking: "Oh not another one of you f*cks. Yes I mind if you ask me every f*cking question on earth. Why the f*ck would ask me all this anyway? Do you really want to know that f*cking bad? How about I start asking you every single f*cking question that pops into my head? Let's start. How f*cking stupid are you? Do you live under a rock? When were you born, yesterday? Do you get out of bed often? How much have you had to drink? Oh, and one other thing. F*CK OFF!"

This is usually what goes through my mind when something like that happens. If I were to say whatever I was thinking, I don't think anyone in my town, or the surrounding towns (or major city) would like me. At all. Maybe the very few like 4 people who don't care what I really think, but the other 300,000 people would. Though normal civilians wouldn't get the worst of it. Cops would. Every time a cop stops me for no f*cking reason, it pisses me off to no end. Yet I don't show that I'm pissed off. Wait, lemme give you an example.

Situation:
I'm riding my bike through downtown, and a cop walks out in front of me and points to the side of him, so I stop next to him.

Cop says: "Kid, do you know where you're at? This is downtown. You shouldn't be riding on the street, you should be riding on the sidewalk. This is just a warning, but if it happens again I'll have to call your parents."

I say: "First of all, don't call me kid. Second of all, I'm on [insert Street Name Here] heading South. If I ride on the sidewalk at my normal cruising speed then I would probably hit someone as people are stupid and are always in the way. I can ride on the street if I want to as I'm usually going faster than the cars here anyway. So get the hell out of my way." And then I ride off.

What I'm thinking: "F*ck you. Stopping me for no f*cking reason. Of course I know where I'm at! If I didn't know where I'm at, do you think I'd be riding as fast as I am? No! If I'm lost, then I usually ride slower, and pay attention to street signs to find out where exactly I am (which doesn't happen often). And if I were to ride on the sidewalk people would be in my way, so I'd either be forced to ride at 2mph, or to run everyone over, and I would HATE the first option, and you'd HATE the second option. Just a warning? I'll warn you that if you stop me again, I'll take out your taser, and electrocute your d*ck."

Oh, and by the way, I've toned down my thoughts before putting them on here. If I were to put down what I really thought, people on here would start hating me too.. :unsure:

Edited by ~ Akatsuki ~
  • Brohoof 4

I try to say things in as little words as possible, just enough to get the point across without revealing any personal information, except with select individuals.

I usually just argue with myself in my head or think crazy things.

Edited by ATGG
  • Brohoof 4

What I say:

Me: Mrs. [teacher name here] can I go to the restroom?

Teacher: You should have gone between classes.

Me: Okay.

What I want to say:

Me: Mrs. [teacher name here] can I go to the restroom?

Teacher: You should have gone between classes.

Me: What the f*ck!? We got like 5 minutes between classes, I didn't have to go then!! What do you want me to do, p*ss myself?!

• Brohoof 5

My thoughts: brutal fanatsies of rage, blood, and murder.

My words: "I sure could use another cup of coffee"

I'm generally calm and polite on the outside, but on the inside, unless I've had a half pot or more of coffee, I'm very mean spirited.

• Brohoof 3

What I want to say: Me: Mrs. [teacher name here] can I go to the restroom? Teacher: You should have gone between classes. Me: What the f*ck!? We got like 5 minutes between classes, I didn't have to go then!! What do you want me to do, p*ss myself?!

That is pretty much how I thought in school...

Though it was more like this:

Me: May I please go to the restroom?
Teacher: You should have gone earlier.
Me: Perhaps I should've.

What I wanted to say: I'll think of that next time I don't have to go to the bathroom. Thanks you stupid c*nt.

OR

Me: May I please go to the restroom?
Teacher: The pass is taken, please wait. (Yes, I was in a class that had a restroom class. It was f*cking stupid)

Me: I guess I'll wait then.

What I wanted to say: How about I grab a piece of paper, draw "PASS" on it, and just shove it up your a*s. Would that count as a restroom pass, b*tch?!

NOTE:
If you don't know me, I'm about to tell you some info about me.

I am not politically correct. I am the opposite of it. And usually if I'm pissed off and someone talks to me... They get sent away crying, because they're the subject of brutal verbal torture, as this allows me to release all my frustrations on one person... It's happened 26 times now (yes, I count).

• Brohoof 3

I think what I say! Weirdly enough, people seem to think more rashly than they speak - I'm the opposite. I already tend to not be that crude when I talk (I rarely swear, just a thing), albeit a little energetic and hyper, but my inner voice is fairly mature and reprimanding of some of the things I say.

What I say tends to be dumber than what I think. Personally, it's easier to "talk" online because it is quicker and easier to type what my mind is thinking because my fingers can keep up with my thoughts a lot better than my mouth ever could (I type 150+ words per minute, i have the nickname of Lightning Fingers amongst classmates).  I am socially awkward, and I do not relate to peers very much at all, so I tend to dumb down my words and overall seem a bit more ditzy IRL unless I feel comfortable around someone (like my husband). He often comments that if I talked like I do around him but in public, I would taken a lot more seriously and respectfully. 

I say what is appropriate. I think chaotically. My thoughts are just a bunch of jumbled up and random-as-heck things that jump forward at the worst of times. Think of it like this: You work in a office. You want this specific file amongs millions of other files. You open the door to your office to look for the file. What do you see? Those millions of files, filling the room and places that shouldnt be filled, some flying around the place in erratic patterns, and all of them speaking to you in your own voice, at the same time, and repeating what they said til you manually remove it, one by one. That's my head in a nutshell.

• Brohoof 2

Alas, if only my words could match the florid prose within, for surely a predilection for eloquence would serve me better than my breviloquence.

Can you please use way less fancy words? Seriously, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Someone will ask me something like, "Should I get this blue shirt, or that red one?"

What I think: 

Well I know the brand of the blue shirt, and they usually make good stuff, but the red one would look better on them. On the other hand, the blue one would go better with the outfit they've got on right now, and seems like the kind of thing they would wear. I think the red one is missing a button. Should I mention that? What would [other friend] say? They'd get the green one, just because it's green, but that's not an option here. Hmmm. Well I wouldn't wear either of them, but it's not really my decision is it? I mean, I don't care that much, but they asked my opinion, so I guess....

What I say: 

"The red one."

It depends on where I am at and what I am doing, if I am at home or online I tend to say what is on my mind much more freely. If I am at school my language tends to be formal due to the environment though I will also speak my mind when appropriate. The most significant disconnect between my thoughts and actions is when I am at work. The amount of times I wanted to tell some ignoramus to fuck off could fill an entire library, it is one of the many reasons why I would recommend against working retail any longer than you absolutely positively have to. Once I get to the backroom though I will curse like a drunken sailor on shore leave during happy hour and I guarantee you that if you didn't previously use profanity before working retail, you probably will once you are in the business long enough.

I have a booming, loud voice, so sometimes people think I'm shouting at them. I tend to think in images and spatial representation, so sometimes it's harder for me to get my point across. If I'm trying to communicate an idea, I usually grab a piece of paper if it's something that's difficult for me to explain.

• Brohoof 1

I've let my emotions get the best of both in recent times.

Though just as a lot of other quiet folk do I think much more than I speak. 

Sometimes for better, sometimes for worse.