Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could start your own country

Nameless Knight

If you could start your own country; What would you call it? Where would it be? Why did you choose that location? What would be its flag? and what government type would it be?

My answer:

Tresasia

Crimea region and the lands east, northeast, and north of the black sea.

post-24516-0-85087900-1445378857.png

Because it is a good trade and naval area

An inverted Russian Flag

post-24516-0-18579600-1445379266.jpg

A Presidential Constitutional Elective Monarchy

Extra Info:

Secular (We will allow all Religions and Non-Religions)

3 major goals: Tolerance and Equality (Religion, Race, Gender, ect.), Trade power in the Black Sea and Eastern Mediterranean, and push for Humanitarian Idles.

Capitalist

​No one person has complete power, it is separated 30%35%/35% (President/House of Rep./Congress)

Edited by Toast The Conquerer

What would you call it? Ankroxia

Where would it be? Right half of russia, northern half of China, Mongolia, Korea, Japan.

Why did you choose that location? Diverse terrain, some places perfect for secret military/government setups, others perfect for population residence, etc.

What would be it's flag? To be determined.

What government type would it be? Atheist Monarchy

Name: Aslovicia (as-love-ic-ia)

Why: Just because -flips table-

Flag: Brown and gold with a yaks horns in the middle

Govt: Atheist based Democracy (Huge separation of church and state)

Main Religion: Atheist

Language: English

Healthcare: Canada's and Germany's

• Brohoof 1

My country would welcome all Religions and Non-Religions (Secular) and I would promote Religious Tolerance by outlawing Religious Discrimination of any kind. "You will play nice and you will like it!!!"

My country would tolerate no religion at all. If you try to enter the country, and you are religious, at all, you're not allowed in.

Also, I'd make everything in my country extremely cheap, and with all of our land, we'd have diverse resources, so we'd be able to sustain our own food supply, and other resources (ores, chemicals, etc).

Not only would civilian-purchasable items be cheap, but other things (such as scientific research and testing) would also be extrememly cheap. So we'd be able to easily surpass every other nation technologically wise.

Our population would be kept under 5 Million, which is our set limit.

Also, no political freedoms at all. The Lord of the nation (which would be me of course) would set all laws/rules and keep order.

Note:

Don't hate on me. My goal in creating such nation would be to advance the Earth's technology faster than we currently are. Religion and Economy are the main reasons that we aren't as technologically advanced as we should be by now (though they're not the only reasons). So by banishing religion, and reducing the prices of everything by an extreme amount (and being able to sustain ourselves), we'd be able to advance our technologies by a few hundred years... probably. This depends on how smart our residents are of course.

• Brohoof 2

My country would tolerate no religion at all. If you try to enter the country, and you are religious, at all, you're not allowed in.

Also, I'd make everything in my country extremely cheap, and with all of our land, we'd have diverse resources, so we'd be able to sustain our own food supply, and other resources (ores, chemicals, etc).

Not only would civilian-purchasable items be cheap, but other things (such as scientific research and testing) would also be extrememly cheap. So we'd be able to easily surpass every other nation technologically wise.

Also, no political freedoms at all. The Lord of the nation (which would be me of course) would set all laws/rules and keep order.

Note:

Don't hate on me. My goal in creating such nation would be to advance the Earth's technology faster than we currently are. Religion and Economy are the main reasons that we aren't as technologically advanced as we should be by now (though they're not the only reasons). So by banishing religion, and reducing the prices of everything by an extreme amount (and being able to sustain ourselves), we'd be able to advance our technologies by a few hundred years... probably. This depends on how smart our residents are of course.

Why would you put it in Russia then? It is one of the most religious countries on earth with less then 25% of their population being atheist. A better place would be Canada or western Europe. That is another reason I chose the Crimea region, it has a strong mix of Atheists, Christians, Muslims ect. a very diverse group to spread Religious Tolerance to.

I won't hate on you, it is your choice and beliefs and you will face the consequences (good and bad) of those choices, and I hope you over come them. I will tell you this though: that is not the way to run a nation, political freedom is like chocolate and people are toddlers. Don't give them any and they will have a tantrum, give them too much and they will get sick. Don't give a populous any autonomy and they will revolt, give them too much and they won't see themselves as part of your country, and just won't listen to you/revolt. That is why Anarchy and Absolute Monarchies are usually really bad and don't last (after the major rise of republics in the New World that is), and Democracies last longer. Elective Monarchies are a middle point but their haven't been any real EMs since the Papal State and the Kingdom of Norway in the 14th century, so we can't be 100% sure they work out well.

Name: Kazahkastan

Reason: Isolated, Polar Bears and Ice as natural resources

Flag: White

Government: Anarchy

Anarchy is the LACK of government, not a form of government. It is the idea that there should be no higher power telling us how to live our lives, and that we don't need government and laws to keep peace and live in harmony as long as we all contribute to the society.

I am an anarchist, so I would not create a country. Rather I would just find an area of land where I could start a community. No flag. No name. No government at all. Anyone can come and go as they please. Only two rules: don't be an ass, and try to contribute to the community. It probably wouldn't be a large area of land, considering systems like this would work best on a small scale. If I could choose any location, I would probably choose somewhere in the midwest USA like somewhere in Colorado, or somewhere along the Mediterranean. 

Edited by McDude

Anarchy is the LACK of government, not a form of government. It is the idea that there should be no higher power telling us how to live our lives, and that we don't need government and laws to keep peace and live in harmony as long as we all contribute to the society.

I know what an anarchy is, bruv. But what would you have me name the category? Lack of Government: Anarchy?

For the record, I'm of a similar political bent.

• Brohoof 1

I know what an anarchy is, bruv. But what would you have me name the category? Lack of Government: Anarchy?

For the record, I'm of a similar political bent.

Just say no government. Sorry, it just looked like you thought anarchy was a form of government.

• Brohoof 1

Just say no government. Sorry, it just looked like you thought anarchy was a form of government.

I guess I could've put that too, but Anarchy just sounds better than No Government. Though Anarchy does carry some negative connotations with it in the minds of the populace. Mad Max stuff seems to come to mind with most people I talk to. Either that or Somalia.

• Brohoof 1

Note:

Can I come live in your nation? I am fine with what you do as long as you keep the rape, killing, and other crimes down

• Brohoof 1

I guess I could've put that too, but Anarchy just sounds better than No Government. Though Anarchy does carry some negative connotations with it in the minds of the populace. Mad Max stuff seems to come to mind with most people I talk to. Either that or Somalia.

Ya, also there have been a lot of famous terrorists in history who were openly anarchist. People think it is about chaos and violence, when it is not. The public also associates it with the punk subculture, and therefore think punks are violent. I have never met a punk who was not a super nice person.

• Brohoof 1

Ya, also there have been a lot of famous terrorists in history who were openly anarchist. People think it is about chaos and violence, when it is not. The public also associates it with the punk subculture, and therefore think punks are violent. I have never met a punk who was not a super nice person.

I haven't really met any people who are into punk subculture. Don't think they'd be in my area. Regardless, you get exactly what I'm saying. Anarchy would leave room for people to come together and form their own communities free from monolithic state entities with unlimited power that hide behind the guise of "democracy". It just needs like-minded people to succeed.

That's why my country's population would be just me and a bunch of imported polar bears. I think I can teach them the ways of anarchy.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't really met any people who are into punk subculture. Don't think they'd be in my area. Regardless, you get exactly what I'm saying. Anarchy would leave room for people to come together and form their own communities free from monolithic state entities with unlimited power that hide behind the guise of "democracy". It just needs like-minded people to succeed.

That's why my country's population would be just me and a bunch of imported polar bears. I think I can teach them the ways of anarchy.

Haha! I think polar bears already live that way. At least, I don't think there is any Polar Bear government. 

• Brohoof 1

Haha! I think polar bears already live that way. At least, I don't think there is any Polar Bear government. 

There is an underwater Sea Lion/Ringed Seal/Walrus Government that the Polar Bears have been waging a war for independence from for decades. Why do you think that they're always hunting them? They're rebels, bro.

• Brohoof 2

There is an underwater Sea Lion/Ringed Seal/Walrus Government that the Polar Bears have been waging a war for independence from for decades. Why do you think that they're always hunting them? They're rebels, bro.

The rebellion is real m8

Well, I support their cause. Maybe the penguins can help them. Not the emperor penguins though. Screw them and their Emperor.

• Brohoof 1

Why would you put it in Russia then? It is one of the most religious countries on earth with less then 25% of their population being atheist. A better place would be Canada or western Europe.

I was going on the basis that the area in which my country would be was devoid of the previous tenants for some unknown reason, or that it didn't have previous tenants, and we were the first there. Therefore my followers would move to this area and live.

But if that is not the case, then there isn't really anywhere anyone could make a country, as most of the desirable land area on Earth is already populated (at least in my point of view).

I won't hate on you, it is your choice and beliefs and you will face the consequences (good and bad) of those choices, and I hope you over come them. I will tell you this though: that is not the way to run a nation, political freedom is like chocolate and people are toddlers. Don't give them any and they will have a tantrum, give them too much and they will get sick. Don't give a populous any autonomy and they will revolt, give them too much and they won't see themselves as part of your country, and just won't listen to you/revolt. That is why Anarchy and Absolute Monarchies are usually really bad and don't last (after the major rise of republics in the New World that is), and Democracies last longer. Elective Monarchies are a middle point but their haven't been any real EMs since the Papal State and the Kingdom of Norway in the 14th century, so we can't be 100% sure they work out well.

Not really my beliefs, actually. I just think that it's one possible way to run a government to the extent of technology being their primary asset. And actually, as long as everyone is at peace, with 0% crime and peaceful living, then no one has anything to complain about, and presumably nothing to revolt about. As long as I were to keep everything peaceful and clean, with no poverty, then wouldn't that mean that everyone would be happy to the ways they lived? In Ankroxia, everything is priced on how often it is purchased. At the start, it's price is fair (let's say, $25), and after a few years, the most bought items would be less than that, varying on popularity (no matter size of item or uses). Every job would be payed the same amount, so therefore no one would feel in control of others, or feel as though they aren't payed enough compared to other's (the national pay rate would be the average cost of all items, per hour). I get that some people might think that their job requires them to work harder, and therefore they require more pay, but seeing as prices of everything are relatively the same, with no discounts on items because of title or job, then they either except it, or they change jobs, or they leave.

Can I come live in your nation? I am fine with what you do as long as you keep the rape, killing, and other crimes down

Crime would be kept down as much as possible. Though there are 3 days a year in which some crimes are allowed as people are always in need of some form of release. And on these three days, there are area's in which you can take shelter if you do not wish to participate (murder is not allowed on any of these days. Neither is rape.).

So... Welcome!

@,

One more thing. I mentioned earlier that this is one possibility of running a government. I said this because I have thought of multiple ways of running countries through varies types of governments and such, including ways are used by current countries.

• Brohoof 1