Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you were a student at Canterlot High, what clique would you belong to?

Dreampuff

It's a tie between drama and eco kid for me..

I'm the quiet but popular and friendly type. Seriously, I would fit in The not-so dorky and not so nerdy nerds too..

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Undefined. ^_^ I literally have no idea where I'd "belong." I've always been the type that just floats aimlessly in groups. :lol:

Social butterfly... own it, honey! A lot of my friends are like that too :)

• Brohoof 2

When I was in high school, everyone knew me, even people I'd never seen before. I wasn't part of any 'clique' or group, because I didn't know how to socialize at all. I knew how to say hi, listen to other people talk and share stories, and how to completely ignore all the ID10T people(popping each other in the nuts, derogatory name calling, drugs(! lol), peer pressure, drama, the 'slightly ...off' people, etc.). There were people who were likable and sensible, and they were most of the ones I was in kindergarten with.

(Okay, this post turned out huge on accident, put it in a spoiler as it starts to digress from OT after this point)

Come to think of it, some time after 8th grade, all the new kids(and some of the older ones as well) started acting... I don't know, spoiled? Entitled to everything? Hard to explain in words without video 'proof'. I mean, we weren't like that, even though we did some stupid stuff as well, it was never anywhere near as... extreme as they were starting to act. Idk, it was weird. I just kept doing what I did best, and avoided the excess drama as much as possible. Marching band/concert band was really the only 'escape', even though some of the kids in there were barely tolerable(thank goodness I had a great band director, he did NOT put up with stupid, simply put, and was a phenomenal director, but I digress).

I was also the last 'grade' to be taught a lot of things going though school, such as how to read an analog clock face, and cursive. Yes, cursive. How will the upcoming kids sign legal papers? Sign their names? Really?

Anyway. I was also in the last grade to do all the cool science projects, spelling bees, and [fun]P.E. exercises(before starting band and then having to come back in 11th grade because "you must have P.E. in high school for a diploma", etc.).

I mean, no wonder people are starting to act... off. Say I'm acting Juvenoia-ish(? lol, Vsauce ftw), but look at the cartoons nowadays.

Kids calling each other names and beating each other up with drama, words, and violence. With no morals to boot. *sigh* .. oh well.

At least I had fun growing up(not that I'm finished, I still have a lot of improvement to do too. Biases, social awkwardness[bad small talker with a passion >:X], etc.) and went outside to play. I did stop going outside as much when the internet came around and dsl/dinosaur computers turned into faster broadband, turned into gigabit connections, turned into core i3/i5/i7, turned into watching tv on the computer with no ads, etc.(I hate television, I don't know why though. I watch the weather, and I would watch the news, but it's full of 'this guy blew that guy up, these people think those people are inferior, stupid person drank and drove, drama...' hmm, sounds like hardcore high school. XD)

I love watching science videos on youtube and seeing all the upcoming technologies evolve(even though you never seem to hear anything about it after you see the video...), but aside from that and a great movie or five, I'm usually just kinda sitting around all day(if I'm not working) on my butt either coding, creating levels in Portal 2, playing old nintendo 64 games, listening to the music I heard growing up(nostalgia junkie ftw lol), watching silly vines on youtube, or watching mlp/listening to fanmade music/reading topics in mlpforums/etc.

What about you guys? lol, this turned into a monster post XD

Edited by SomeMLP Brony
  • Brohoof 1

I'm a nerd, so I figure that's where I'd go. That said, I spent a lot of time on my own in high school with a close friend of mine, outside of any 'cliques'. Neither of us cared about being part of a larger group, so we weren't.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...