Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do for a living?

Twiggy

there are a few different ways I could answer this question...I'm an artist first and foremost and am trying to live off my art, but that's not completely achievable at the moment so I'm also working at Staples to make some extra money and pay for school, where I'm learning to become an art therapist. I love art therapy but would like to try to live off my own art as well as help people through the use of art. So yeah. I'm babbling.

Basically I'm an artist just trying to make ends meet. 

• Brohoof 1

I am a maître d' (hostess) at the fanciest restaurant in the city.  I haven't worked there very long, only about 6 months but in that time I have seen William Shatner, Mark Ruffalo, and Chris Christie come in and eat.  William Shatner and Mark Ruffalo were there during our first Iowa Comi Con.  My manager has told me that as the caucasus come up we will be seeing all sorts of politicians coming in.  I really don't care about them but apparently people make a thing of it there and come camp out in the booths so they can watch all of them come in.  But yes, that is my job...I sit people at their table and tell them to enjoy their stay with us.   :)  

• Brohoof 2

• 10 months later...

I work in a mailroom of a newspaper company. Can't tell hours since it's one of those jobs where "We finish when the job is done." Sometimes it is only a 5 hour shift, sometimes an 11 hour shift. Not having padding on the floor kinda sucks, as well as all my clothes and skin are covered in ink by the end of day.

• Brohoof 1

I work as a Commercial Diver under a Seattle-based dive company that specializes in underwater construction, salvage, HAZMAT, ships husbandry, potable water services, and underwater welding/burning services for private, city, state, and federal customers. On the side, I work as a diver-for-hire when work is slow and get to go to different parts of the US for work.

I've worked offshore in the Gulf of Mexico diving on oil rigs for a bit but it's a very rough industry and I missed seeing land after a few months. Lol! Now I prefer working strictly inland.

I love my job but it's dangerous and it really changes you as a person, including your very personality.

Edited by The Diver
  • Brohoof 2

I'm currently working as a programmer/analyst for a medical tech company. I basically make sure there is no issues at various different hospitals that use our software.

got a new job!

so im now Admin and the Secretary at my Dad's company, which is a listed building surveyors, designers and conservationists. Im enjoying it and i love history, so this has been really fun so far just seeing all these historical buildings we work on. I feel properly grown up.

• Brohoof 1

Intending to major in Cognitive Science in university, but I get a good amount of money from playing in chess torunaments regularly and tutoring others. I'm doing my best to maintain my rich California Asian kid stereotype. I imagine some university kids yelling about how privileged and patriarchal I am. Here in CA being Asian is the same as being white for SJWs. xD

I've been working as an Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator at a University Affiliated Hospital for 1.5 years now. I enroll patients into clinical trials. When i'm not in the Hospital, you can find me handling database management work. It's a good job, but my end goal has always been to become a Doctor. 

Aside from that, I also work part time as a piano teacher. I teach 2 girls ages 7 & 11. The great thing is that we always get into discussions about all things Pony. It's good to get an opinion from the target demographic every now and then  :love:

I was a college/university student for twelve years--a story for another time--but now I sell cards on EBay as a side business.

I work at a small grocery store. The rules are loose and the best security measure we have are locks for the ice machine and propane tanks. I catch customers stealing all the time. It's a nice place to work to say the least. I'm not trying to sound sarcastic either. I enjoy working there.

*LOUD CONGRATULATION NOISES!*

Dat's really big deal, @@StormBlaze, glad for you ^.^

thank you! its all part of a new start ive got with my partner. Ive been out of work since jan, but we just got a house together and i got this job, he's looking for one now. He really hated his old one so this is all good for us. =3

• Brohoof 1

I work in client services at an organization that provides people who are disabled or otherwise in need with the resources and support that is necessary for them to be able to live as independently as possible.

Edited by Kiri
  • Brohoof 2