Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do for a living?

Twiggy

3 hours ago, Princess of Luck 🍀🔥 said:

Looking for a part-time job?

Heh I used to work in a pharmacy but it took up my whole Sunday for terrible pay, so I quit. I'd rather just waste my Sundays doing nothing lolll

yeah, 

yeah, I really couldn't work the full Sunday for religious reasons

I can imagine how it'd be like that

• Brohoof 2

I've been unemployed for about a year now, while I am happy that I left my old job because of a few problems, I can't seem to find any work these days.  I've applied to many different places but I never hear back from any of them.  Thankfully, I still get disability so I have something to live off of but for most months it isn't enough to really live on.  I was pretty hopeful in getting a position as a seamstress but I haven't heard back from them in a few months so I can probably safely assume I'm never getting the position with the current pandemic going on.  A lot of other people in town are looking for work too so the pickings have been pretty slim.  I just want to work somewhere for now, part-time or full time I don't mind as long as they're better hours than my previous dishwasher job(they only let me work 6-8 hours a week which wasn't enough to actually live off of, I was miserable there too).  While I'm not where I want to be financially or career-wise right now, all I can do is focus on improving skills that I already have.

• Brohoof 1

41 minutes ago, China (100% NOT China) said:

Uhm, just an idea, but with the current pandemic I see many people offering to sew some masks for others. Maybe that would be a way to make some few bucks?

There're loads of people already doing it, my building alone has three people selling masks.  I can't even speak for the dozens of people selling them in my area online.

• Brohoof 1

Right now, I am a web developer, (unofficial) manager of the ecommerce department, a database administrator (of sorts) and a tier 3 support engineer.

Suffice to say, I wear a lot of hats where I work.

• 1 year later...

I don't have a life haha. Eh yeah I haven't actually begun working for a living only a little to afford things to do for fun but that said I plan on living off of investments and my entrepreneurship. 

• Brohoof 2

Normally, I am a student, but ebcause of Covid and my finacial situaion, I weork in a warehous for a company who makes working clothes, mostly for emergency rescue teams, the covid vaccination centres, retailing and garbage collection. 

(edited)

Unemployed. Can't really look for a job right now either, due to other things going on. Basically, I sleep in for a living.

Edited by Cash_In

Warehouse and Logistics. I drive forklifts for a living, and the counterbalance forklifts from Jungheinrich that we have are stupidly fun to drive.

Loading and offloading trailers with various wares and merchandise, shipping and packaging of various goods. 

200L barrels of oil as well as 1000L of car washing liquids, we have almost everything with some 55,000+ articles at our disposal.

If I can manage to get my current leadership to let me post out, if I interview well and get this job I’ll get to run machines that I’ll get to also take apart and reset up.Because I had always wanted to learn to work on cars, taking apart these machines and putting them back together would be really interesting. 

If not then I’ll be doing the same boring inspection 

• 6 months later...
On 2021-07-21 at 10:53 AM, TBD said:

Right now just your everyday salesman and florist. :maud:

No longer a Florist (what a shame, i do like working with the flowers) but still working the same job, pushing people to spend money so their money can go straight up to the CEO's ass-pocket. And how much am I making for it? Not more  compared to how much these people spend to give it all to the company.   :scoots: (I should be doing something worth meaningful right now instead of working for mere money and making stupid company richer.)

• 3 months later...

I'm a retail survivor who unknowingly helped kickstart the Great Resignation when I escaped my last job.

I'm currently unemployed and making some dosh with digital materials. It's not terrible, but it's not steady. Guessing people's tastes is hit or miss, especially with the ever-changing, fadish nature of the internet. :mellow:

I'm currently looking into learning grant writing and starting a freelance business or my own non-profit.