Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Letter To The Princess (WiP)

The Great Race of Yi

Dear Princess Celestia, 

I'm sorry for not writing to you sooner, and keeping you out of the loop of what's going on with the mission. I'm sad to report that the mission was a complete and utter failure. 

We've discovered something in those dark and musty caves. Something so terrifying that even just thinking about it now gives me the chills. It was horrible, Princess, like something out of a horror movie. It was about as tall as the horrid cave itself, which was about the height of your castle. Just the sheer size of this thing was enough to scare all of us, but just the sheer size of this monstrosity was not what made this thing so terrifying that it made us dread our very existence. It was how it had no form what so ever. It was just a big giant ball of black like tar, and protruding out of this gigantic ball of goop was a massive set of tendrils that moved around in a snake like fashion on top of the cave. After viewing this creature, I safely assumed that the tendrils were acting as a way to move about the cave, I was grimly mistaken. Upon closer inspection, or as close as my nervous wracked mind would take me, I noticed a horrifying display. The tendrils were eating the bats on top of the cave, eating them one by one and spitting out the bones, but how could this be? One of the tendrils stared directly at me. It had tiny red dots for eyes, but that wasn't what made me scream out in pure terror. It was its giant sawblade type mouth, which had more of the same sawblade type shape going down its mouth and into, whatever the fuck that giant sack of black protoplasm was. 

Once I screamed, the thing swooped in, fast as lighting towards me. The site that I saw made me want to vomit. Little tiny bits of flesh, and fur were all tangled up in this thing's razor sharp teeth. The whole mouth, except for a few spaces was covered entirely of blood, so much so that that it was dripping from the top of the damn thing's mouth. I knew I was dead once I saw those beady red eyes and I could smell the stench of dried up bat blood on its breath. It seemed to be checking me out first, to see if I was worth devouring. 

I screamed once more, and that scream would be the downfall of poor Rainbow Dash. She must have heard my terrifying shriek, so much so that she snapped out of her comatose state of fear and actually flew towards me. She pushed me out of the way of the hideous creature, and in turn suffered a fate worse than death. Rainbow was in the jaws of the horrid creature, its jaws slowly munching away at her flesh and bone. She was in pure agony. She squealed and howled as she tried to break free from the monster's jaws, but her struggling just made the pain worse. She began to wail out in pain, even crying out to people who weren't there. It was a gruesome thing to witness as she slowly left from our sights, but we could still hear her screaming in pain and agony. 

I just sat there, staring at this monstrosity with the utmost fear. I knew I would be next, I would have to suffer the same fate as Rainbow Dash, being slowly ground  up into little bite sized chunks, but no. I wasn’t going to give up that easily. Even though I was scared shitless, I still managed to get up and run as far away from the beast as I could. 

I closed my eyes as I ran through the dark and maze like cave system. I couldn't shut off my ears though. I heard the screams and the wails from all of my friends. The sounds of them in pure pain and agony made me want to just stop and fall down to my knees and just cry. The last scream I heard was of Fluttershy. Her squeals of pain and anguish just echoed through the cave. Her cries for help made the bats go crazy, and they were flying in every which way. I just kept on running, hearing both the sounds of the bats and the high pitch squeals of Fluttershy being slowly eaten alive. 

As soon as I was about to give up, and just wait for that damn beast to find me and suffer a cruel fate, I saw a small glimmer of light. I ran as fast as I could, closing my eyes. Then, I opened them, and I felt a sweet relief as I stood outside to the mouth of that awful cave. 

Just as a precaution, I blocked the mouth of the cave with two giant rocks. I don't know if it will hold that creature inside for long though, which is why I'm writing this letter, Princess. We need to do everything in our power to not let that creature out into the wild. It is mandatory that we keep that thing locked up inside that cave system, and hope to God that it doesn’t find another way out of that accursed cave. We need troops around the clock, guarding that one entrance. I can’t stress this enough. We also need to keep this discovery on the down low. We don’t need a widespread panic on our hands. 

Celestia, you have to believe me on this one. The fate of our species rests on that faith. 

Your Faithful Student, 
Twilight Sparkle