Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do some Bronies think Muffins/Derpy deserves more screen-time?

Spikey-Wikey

Why do quite a lot of Bronies think MuffinsDerpy deserves more screen-time?

She appears in a lot of episodes in every season, why should she need anymore screen-time?

People hate Flash Sentry, yet he only appears in two episodes in the show. In the movies it's not like he even gets a ton of screen-time. I'm not saying Flash Sentry needs a bunch of screen time, but any little cameo he has is not worth whining about.

I don't hate Muffins/Derpy, I like her (not exactly love her, but you get what I mean), but I don't think she needs a whole ton of screen-time (I'm not saying give her no screen-time, but I doubt she needs to appear all the time).

She's a fan favorite. The controversy surrounding her with the whole voice change censorship thing meant more awareness, which in turn meant more people on her side. I personally never cared about her until that all happened, and now she's in my top 5 best ponies. The staff seem to be responding to what the fans want to see in recent years, and what they want is for derpy to have more screen time. Maybe not all the fans (Well, definitely not all the fans) But a good amount of people want to see that grey mare

Edited by Battra
  • Brohoof 1

You'd think her role in Slice Of Life would've sufficed for now.

I agree. They didn't have to do that but they did. I like Derpy but I wouldn't say she was one of my favourites. When she pops up it's like oh hay it's Derpy but I get the same reaction with other cool background ponies. So yeah Slice of life did good.

A lot of fans want the background ponies to have screen time because they want more information and development on the characters.

I think like venomous said they just want background ponys to have more screen time. People specifically may want her having more screen time because they simply like her or because she would make a great character for people with disabilities or struggling. I really would like episodes with background ponys using different character flaws and perspectives.

You'd think her role in Slice Of Life would've sufficed for now.

It is way more than I could have hoped for considering the controversy so I am pleased with it but of course would gladly accept another speaking role later on.

Derpy is the unofficial mascot of the Brony culture for many so it's only natural that she's in high demand for screentime.

Personally, I like the "Where's Waldo?" theme that the staff had going with Derpy in the first couple of seasons.  But I wouldn't mind seeing her get a speaking role in a couple of episodes.