Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it Wrong That I Prefer Equestria Girls to the Mane Series?

Summer Wish

I have loved and been in love with mlp since 89....but as more and more EQG films come out. I find myself well..enjoying it more??? Don't get me wrong I will watch and 're-watch ALL of mlp content till the day I die. But in my imagination it's pulling up human images of the girls. Before there pony forms. Am...Am I a traitor?

• Brohoof 1

I don't think anyone will call the Pony Inquisition to punish you for your vile heresy (joke). EQG has the same characters we all so thoroughly enjoy, just in different form and setting. I see no treason here.

The only problem I see is that You'll have to rely on fanart for Your fix, because EQG films come out once a year. Or rewatch them often.

• Brohoof 2

Nah you're good. I'm sure Hasbros doesn't care either.... both are making them money lmao.

But on a serious note, I feel you. I equally love them both but lately I've been obsessed with EQ. Wish the movies came out more often....or more shorts or something. Nothing wrong with liking them more. Besides, it's possible for some people that EG is what lured some fans in the MLP franchise in the first place.

• Brohoof 1

Traitor? That's a pretty terrible mindset. It's just a cartoon. You know those obnoxious, intrusive, awful, weird FiM fans who the rest of the Internet likes to hate and think all FiM fans are like them? Those are the kind of people who think like that. Surely you are better than that.

• Brohoof 4

That's like saying it's wrong to like PAC-MAN World 2 more than PAC-MAN's original arcade game, while a lot of PAC-MAN fan says that PAC-MAN World 2 is the epidome of all PAC-MAN games. Before I start to sound even more irrelevant, it's the same thing with EG. It's ok to like a spinoff more than the original, if PAC-MAN World 2 even is a spinoff. Well anyway, you can like EG more than MLP. I like Mario Kart, a spinoff, more than the normal Mario games, and that's ok, so it's ok to like EG more than MLP. It's the case with every original vs spinoff.

• 4 weeks later...

I have loved and been in love with mlp since 89....but as more and more EQG films come out. I find myself well..enjoying it more??? Don't get me wrong I will watch and 're-watch ALL of mlp content till the day I die. But in my imagination it's pulling up human images of the girls. Before there pony forms. Am...Am I a traitor?

Who told you that picturing humanized poneh is the one sin from the brony fandom anyway? :huh:. My advice, just chill, that's not bad at all. Four legs, two legs, another species entirely, just enjoy poneh whatever you like 

Hi, I edited the topic title to better reflect the subject matter, and hopefully help facilitate relevant discussion. If you dislike the title I used you're welcome to request that I alter it.

Even though I prefer FiM over EqG, I personally don't see anything wrong with preferring EqG. It is only really a spinoff set in another universe where all the ponies are humans, living in modern times instead. Its like asking if there is anything wrong with preferring Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon over the main series games. You are not a "traitor" at all, you just prefer a different flavour of quote-unquote "pony"

• Brohoof 1

Nope, nothing wrong in what you like, I mean if the EG series makes you happy then go for it. You have the right to like them if that puts a smile to your face. :D

And in what @Thrillho says in which I agree as well, yeah, if someone doesn't like your preferences, then they can buzz off.

Edited by PONinja4
  • Brohoof 1

No it is not.

It shouldn't matter what people say about what piece of media that you like.

And if someone says you wrong for doing so, then you shouldn't listen to them whatsoever.

Edited by cmarston1

Not really, you probably just relate more to EqG more than FiM because of the setting like your in high school and have experienced the same things or talking 4 hooved ponies don't cut it for you. And your not a traitor, Benedict Arnold was a traitor, Robert Hanssen was a traitor, you just like EqG more than FiM.