Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Need Co-Writer for MLP fan-comic

Midnight_Sketch

I need help writing the story for my Mlp Comic Midnight's story

Can be found here: http://foxgirl95.deviantart.com/gallery/50854350/MLP

As you can see I have not posted a new page in a while and that is due to the writing part of the comic I just don't think I can make my dialogue, whether it is a conversation between characters or the thoughts in a character's head, is very convincing or entertaining. Please help me out!!!  

If you are interested in helping out here are some requirements

-Must be able to work through google docs

-be good at character dialogue

-be able to work well with others

Please keep in mind that this is a story based on an original character and I will share all the details about the story and the character with whoever I choose. 

Also if you could please send me an example of your work that would be amazing :)

Thank you all so much!!  

Edited by Midnight_Sketch
  • Brohoof 1

Hey there! I am certinly interested in being a co-writer with you. I read what you have so far and it seems really interesting. What types of writing samples/styles are you looking for?

• Brohoof 1

Hey there! I am certinly interested in being a co-writer with you. I read what you have so far and it seems really interesting. What types of writing samples/styles are you looking for?

Mostly just examples past work with dialogue and character interaction especially with siblings and enemies  

• Brohoof 1

I'll help! I think I'm quite good at dialogue, here is some of my work (It's Discord explaining his backstory to Celestia, Luna (as foals) and Staria)

"So, would you care to tell us your name and what creature you are," Staria said softly.

"I'm Discord and I'm a draconequus," he said proudly.

"Where do you come from Discord," Luna butt in.

"Weeeeeeeeell it is quite a lot of long  stor-"

"How long?" Luna interrupted. Discord shot her a glare.

"Long" he replied curtly. He was about to begin again when there was a squeal.

"Hey put me down!" Discord looked up and saw Luna levitating in the sky surrounded by a bubble of Celestia's magic.

"You should continue while you still have the chance" Staria encouraged. So Discord heaved a huge breath and began … again.

"It was not always this way, I am not the only draconequus there were more."

"More" Luna repeated in awe, everyone turned and glared at her.

"Yes we lived in peace with the ponies. They would not kill us and we would give them amazing gifts like jewels and chocolate milk,"

"Chocolate milk" Luna gasped and then gasped again as she was lifted up and far away from the others.

"Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy," Luna's voice echoed as she landed in a mushroom of dust at least one kilometre away. Discord sighed at least she was far, far away.

"However a sickness spread through my species until my parents were the only breeding couple left in the whole of Equestria. They had bred but unfortunately I was the only draconequus left so there was no one to carry on the species so we were, to be dramatic, DOOMED. Then the next catastrophe arrived."

"The next catastrophe arrived?" questioned Luna.

"Yes, wait when did you arrive?"

"Only recently " Luna replied with a smug smile.

"Carry on," Celestia and Staria sighed.

"Fine, fine. It was a blizzard. A massive blizzard apparently sent by the Windigos."

"Oh I know this," Celestia cried.

"Of course you do," her younger sister muttered. Celestia continued uninterrupted,

"The Windigos fed off the hatred between the tribes and used it to create a blizzard only for the blizzard to create more hatred, eventually the tribe leaders decided to look for a new land, they all found the same one and the blizzard started again. The leaders bodies froze over but their assistants became friends and their friendship chased away the Windigos. The leaders thawed and in the end they became friends and Equestria was born."

"Yes, exactly and the blizzard targeted my village and froze half the villagers,"

"Half of the villagers!" Luna repeated shocked.

"Must you repeat EVERYTHING I say, if you don't stop I will have to do something like teleport you to the Everfree forest," Discord yelled at the terrified midnight alicorn.

"Th-the Ev-v-verf-f-free forest" Luna stuttered.

"Right that is the last straw", and using his chaotic magic he turned Luna's mouth into a zip. Slowly she unzipped the zipped up zip and crept stealthily up behind Discord.

"THE LAST STRAW?" She bellowed into Discord's ear.

• Brohoof 1