Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Andrea Libman in new Teletubbies?

ScarfaceOne

OK, so there's a new series of Teletubbies coming, probably either next month or christmas. Now, I like the fact they are rebooted it, because a few years ago I hated the Teletubbies, only because I thought they were fat and lazy. But I think I've changed my mind.

You see, the Teletubbies do regular exercise. And despite having speakers, they don't control them, they are simply giving them advice like your average parent, so no, it's not communist propaganda. Now, they never even seem to get fatter. Also, they were a quintessential part of my childhood. And Jim Broadbent, who was Professor Kirke in Narnia and Horace Slughorn in Harry Potter is going to be in the series.

Also, the series is going to be made by DHX, who made none other than, *drumroll*, MLP:FIM. And they know their stuff. Now, if you listen to the trailer, Po's ''Whee!'' sounds exactly like Pinkie Pie's. So is Andrea Libman, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy's actor voicing Po? Or Shannon Chan-Kent? Because Fluttershy's voice I think can also sound similar to Po's, in that it is calm and quiet.

What do you think?

better quality version here, http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/oct/20/the-teletubbies-are-back-its-still-about-love-and-wibbly-wobbly-bottoms

I was skeptical of that at first, then you said DHX, this surprises me. Never expected them to do a reboot of this show but hey, they could probably do it pretty well. Never watched much Teletubbies in my life, I know it had a cult following at one point, especially in Britain I guess. Libman being apart of this makes sense since DHX is at the helm, she already has ties with them so that would be a quick fit. 

Eh, who knows. But Im never gonna watch it, even if John de Lancie had a speaking role.

LOL, closest thing you'll get to that is Kingon Honour Guard, I wish they still made that game. I still think Libman is voicing Po because of the ''Whee!'' in the trailer.

LOL, closest thing you'll get to that is Kingon Honour Guard, I wish they still made that game. I still think Libman is voicing Po because of the ''Whee!'' in the trailer.

Kingdom honour guard huh? Never heard of it.

As for the voice, you should just throw Libman a tweet.

(edited)

According to this article from The Guardian, Po is voiced by Jane Horrocks in the new show. http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/apr/07/teletubbies-cbeebies-jane-horrocks-jim-broadbent-fearne-cotton-bbc

No you got it all wrong, she's voicing the tubby phone.

Have a close listen to the ''Whee!'' in the trailer.

Kingdom honour guard huh? Never heard of it.

As for the voice, you should just throw Libman a tweet.

Don't have twitter lol, do have E-Mail though.

Klingon Honor Guard is an old Star Trek game from 1998 that had you play as a Klingon, it was released the same time as Tubby Terror, a Teletubby shooting game where if you shoot Po a certain amount of times. Tinky Winky will pop up and go ''Son of a b*tch, you killed my friend''. Klingon Honor Guard Is very similar to Descent in some ways, it's not a 6DOF shooter though, and it uses the original Unreal engine.

It's not that well heard of though, and it's quite rare to get footage of this game on youtube.

Edited by ScarfaceOne

No you got it all wrong, she's voicing the tubby phone. Have a close listen to the ''Whee!'' in the trailer.

Oh you are totally right. I misread the article! Sorry about that. It does sound like Pinkie in the trailer.  

Edited by icyfire888

I don't think that was Andrea, since I've heard voices like that before that are often reused for shows like this. It may sound similar to Pinkie, but do bear in mind that there are plenty of people who sound like one another.

Also to those who may complain about DHX working on this, don't worry about it. I doubt the same writers from MLP are working on it, and they're probably just making this for a quick buck. I mean all they really have to do is have people jump around in colorful suits for about 11 minutes.

(edited)

I don't think that was Andrea, since I've heard voices like that before that are often reused for shows like this. It may sound similar to Pinkie, but do bear in mind that there are plenty of people who sound like one another.

Also to those who may complain about DHX working on this, don't worry about it. I doubt the same writers from MLP are working on it, and they're probably just making this for a quick buck. I mean all they really have to do is have people jump around in colorful suits for about 11 minutes.

What shows have you seen that reuses ''Whee!''? All I remember was Ben and Holly's little Kingdom where they reuse Peppa Pig's ''Hooray!''.

Also, no complaints about DHX, they are awesome.

Edited by ScarfaceOne

Why would people complain about DHX working on it? DHX are a good company.

Anyways, it's not 11 minutes, it's 30. You could be right, like I said, the same ''Hooray!'' from Peppa Pig was in Ben & Holly's little kingdom.

What shows have you seen that reuses ''Whee!''? All I remember was Ben and Holly's little Kingdom where they reuse Peppa Pig's ''Hooray!''.

Also, no complaints about DHX, they are awesome.

I forget where, though I hear a lot of shows that use a similar sounding voice. It may not be reused, but I mean I still think it's just a coincidence.

You got that right :)

Why would people complain about DHX working on it? DHX are a good company.

Anyways, it's not 11 minutes, it's 30. You could be right, like I said, the same ''Hooray!'' from Peppa Pig was in Ben & Holly's little kingdom.

Some people may think DHX would put less effort into FiM due to them having another project. I may be wrong on this, but I believe they also work on LPS, so I just imagined that a lot would fear that since they aren't the largest company, they would put less effort into their other projects. So I really just wanted to clear that up.

If they had about 2 different 11 minute episodes airing on a 22 minute time slot, then it would be. I say 11 and 22 minute because that's just the length shows typically are, since commercial breaks do take up a decent chunk of the time.

I forget where, though I hear a lot of shows that use a similar sounding voice. It may not be reused, but I mean I still think it's just a coincidence.

You got that right :)

Some people may think DHX would put less effort into FiM due to them having another project. I may be wrong on this, but I believe they also work on LPS, so I just imagined that a lot would fear that since they aren't the largest company, they would put less effort into their other projects. So I really just wanted to clear that up.

If they had about 2 different 11 minute episodes airing on a 22 minute time slot, then it would be. I say 11 and 22 minute because that's just the length shows typically are, since commercial breaks do take up a decent chunk of the time.

Teletubbies is never going to be split into two episodes in a time slot. It's usually 22 to 30 minutes. Anyways, DHX have 1000 people. This means you've got about 250 people working on MLP, 250 people working on Slugterra(Also featuring the awesome Andrew Francis), 250 people on Teletubbies and 250 people working on other materials. DHX know what they are doing.

Teletubbies is never going to be split into two episodes in a time slot. It's usually 22 to 30 minutes. Anyways, DHX have 1000 people. This means you've got about 250 people working on MLP, 250 people working on Slugterra(Also featuring the awesome Andrew Francis), 250 people on Teletubbies and 250 people working on other materials. DHX know what they are doing.

Fair enough, though my point still stands.

While 1,000 isn't large by company standards, I still can see your point. Although, the reason I mentioned it was to ease the worries of anyone reading through this, since I can imagine there would be a few people who wouldn't be very ecstatic to hear of the production of this show.