Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is Rainbow Rocks so acclaimed?

Manman20x6

Personally I think the first equestria girls movie was terrible. I think the reason RR was so adored was simply because of all the new characters the fans could draw fan art of (and you know how this fanbase gets with new characters). 

That's pretty obtuse closed-minded. It's like me saying people watch FiM because they're furries. I know they're not, I mean, they might, but it's not the main reason most people watch it.

The first one was the best one of the three because it was the first MLP G4 related movie and took a leap from ponyland to humanland and Twilight and the rest as their human selves. 

Other than that the first one had a very generic high school musical chick flick feel and story from beginning to end. The other two that came after were basically the same thing so they're not as good, the first one is the best because it started it that's it.

Sometimes you need a classic hero vs bad guy story. I think people are looking for too much complexity in movies nowadays. No one has fun anymore. The internet is filled with hypocritical SJW nerds who end up getting disappointed that a movie failed to meet their expectations. Reason why I'm worried for the reception of the new Star Wars movie. The hype will destroy it. 

That's pretty obtuse closed-minded. It's like me saying people watch FiM because they're furries. I know they're not, I mean, they might, but it's not the main reason most people watch it.

Well I'm sorry but when I see people constantly say "OMG the dazzlings" and obsessing over the fact there are official human forms they can draw fan art of I'm going to come to the conclusion that people liked the movie because it gave them more to draw. 

Rainbow Rocks is definitely my favorite EG movie. Personally I just thought it was a lot of fun, with a lot of great songs and really awesome villains. Of course these are all subjective :nom:

I can agree with that, the Dazzlings are really awesome villains!

• Brohoof 1

I haven't heard many people actually say Rainbow Rocks is the best thing out of the franchise, but I have heard it's the best out of the Equestria Girls franchise, and in my opinion, it definitely is the best out of the EQG Franchise.

The songs were some of the best the My Little Pony franchise has to offer, the villains had fantastic designs and were deliciously sinister (and lovable), the plot was great, Sunset Shimmer's development and subsequently her redemption are terrific, and the overall cinematography was just plain great.

I would certainly put RR up there with some of the best the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic franchise has to offer, but probably not the best.

It was definitely a step up from Equestria Girls. In my opinion, the movies are getting better and better. While Equestria Girls sort of sucked, Rainbow Rocks' music was more memorable, and Friendship Games' animation was excellent, with a good plot.