What did you think?  

205 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• I hated it!
    • I didn't like it.
    • It was...meh.
    • I enjoyed it.
    • I LOVED IT!!!

I didn't really like the episode. The jokes were really off and just weren't funny. And the moral seemed a bit strange, too. Of course trying out other family's traditions is nice, but Pie's family could have cared a bit more about the Apples and let them celebrate the holiday the way they used to, for some things at least. It also makes it seem as if you should enjoy other ponies' tradition as well. You should always appreciate other traditions even if they are different, but it's okay to find it unenjoyable.

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2016 at 2:00 PM, AlexanderThrond said:

But wow, the main conflict here still does not work for me. I understand that Applejack's desire to share her traditions is probably well-intentioned, but it's built on these long sequences of seeing Pie family traditions as weird and dreary which are never funny for me.

I did not like it either. Aside from Apple judging other traditions, it seems unlikely that no one spoke about any of this beforehand. In all the years before, Pinkie never talked about the traditions of her own family? That would explain why Applejack thought she wasn’t happy with them. 

On 10/28/2018 at 9:56 PM, qwerE said:

I didn't really like the episode. The jokes were really off and just weren't funny. And the moral seemed a bit strange, too. Of course trying out other family's traditions is nice, but Pie's family could have cared a bit more about the Apples and let them celebrate the holiday the way they used to, for some things at least. It also makes it seem as if you should enjoy other ponies' tradition as well. You should always appreciate other traditions even if they are different, but it's okay to find it unenjoyable.

They could have agreed to “Your way first. Our way next year.” I’m assuming that since, well, otherwise, the Pies are just as guilty as Applejack. Actually, that would explain Applejack’s reaction. She just took it too far by being judgmental as well.

• 2 months later...

This one's boring. There's nothing too wrong here and there are a couple moments I like, like the cold open and the interaction between Maud and Apple Bloom. But that's not enough to make up for a really meh episode, especially because Pinkie is pretty annoying.

Score: 4/10

• 2 months later...

An episode with the all pie sisters? It took them long enough, but better late then never. I really enjoyed this one, we got a lot of new interactions between the families and we learned more about their traditions. Limestone pie was undoubtedly the best part, she is, after this episode my favorite pie family member. They could have made her the antagonist easily but they didnt, they showed that not all characters with this kind of attitude are jerks, I love how unsocial she is. 

9/10, however there were parts I thought could've been better, like the ending felt a bit rushed to me and like the part both pinkie and aj cried felt cringy to me.  

• 1 year later...

I really enjoyed this one and seeing the 2 different families interact. I love Maud Pie so much she is my favorite, but Limestone is also really cool too! Pinkie Pie isn't actually a terrible character. It was really nice to watch and I love the Pie family. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

Fairly interesting and good episode to watch. We see more of both families which is always welcome in my book. I like especially the interaction of  them.

The rock theme for the Pie family is maybe going a little bit too much on the silly side for some people, but I like it :)

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Rewatching this for a second time this year since I wanted to watch all the Hearth’s Warming episodes again. 

The Pie and Apple family interacting with each other is adorable. Honestly Pinkie’s parents kinda remind me of the Amish, her Dad even looks the part. Limestone and Marble are both adorable as well. 

I think the moral of this episode is pretty sound, different traditions aren’t necessarily bad, you should be open to new things etc. Although I think Applejack just straight up taking over and forcing her version of Hearth’s Warming on the Pies was a bit silly and maybe out of character? Especially when the rest of the family was perfectly content abiding by the Pies’ traditions. Oh well, it’s what the plot required I guess.

Pretty dang good episode overall though.