What did you think?  

205 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• I hated it!
    • I didn't like it.
    • It was...meh.
    • I enjoyed it.
    • I LOVED IT!!!

This is Hearth's Warming Eve episode before December has started! The Apple family visits the Pie family to celebrate their holiday of winter! And, it's a great episode for today!  :D

Theme of the episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo74Dn7W_pA

Not the best episode. It was above average. But there where some adorable things in it.

I think this episode would've been better, if it came out christmas time, so the mood would have been better for it.

AJ's heart is in the right place. But at the same time, she should've known from Pinkie Pie, what she got herself into, when she meet Maud the first time.

Pinkies family is kinda weird though. I knew her parents where kinda like amish and we knew how Maud is (who i liked again) but then they had this Fluttershy copy and this emo pony. I don't know, maybe i warm up to them.

The moral was good, with sharing traditions about hearts warming. I am a big christmas guy and i know that traditions mean alot to people and i try to respect others traditions if they respect mine.

Overall, adorable episode, with a few problems.

• Brohoof 3

MLP now potentially incest approved!

Anyways, I loved this episode. I find it a better holiday episode than Hearth's Warming Eve. Maybe it's because this episode felt like the characters were more involved in the plot. Speaking of which they aired a Christmas episode a week before Halloween, before the actual holiday episode. If we were to assume that these episodes are in order of what happens, than moons  in Equestria got even more confusing.

But onto this episode, it has a nice moral about adjusting to other's traditions, Pinkie had so much depth here, the Pie's were characterized in an interesting way (So her parents talk like Shakespeare huh?), and it just had a nice feeling of togetherness.

Final Score: 10/10

• Brohoof 3

I really enjoyed this episode, probably gonna be on my "watch again" list. Some of it felt rather cliched, but I'm glad we got to see more of the Pie Family (and Pinkie's sisters grown up for the first time).

For you LoK fans, but Limestone Pie reminded me of Huan Beifong. The angry, misunderstood teen of the household.

MLP now potentially incest approved!

Anyways, I loved this episode. I find it a better holiday episode than Hearth's Warming Eve. Maybe it's because this episode felt like the characters were more involved in the plot. Speaking of which they aired a Christmas episode a week before Halloween, before the actual holiday episode. If we were to assume that these episodes are in order of what happens, than moons  in Equestria got even more confusing.

But onto this episode, it has a nice moral about adjusting to other's traditions, Pinkie had so much depth here, the Pie's were characterized in an interesting way (So her parents talk like Shakespeare huh?), and it just had a nice feeling of togetherness.

Final Score: 10/10

*facepalms*

NO INCEST. That is sick.

Pinkie Pie is a twin. Seriously I can't get over that.

What I liked:

The Apple: All in top form though nothing too deep since you're splitting the episode 9 ways.

The Pies: Despite the lack of focus they are still fleshed out in depth enough to get a baseline of each of their personalities and they were great!

Apple Pie: That we had both Pinkie and Applejack going through the same problem and it was very relatable.

The moral: Nice moral about how it's what you do together not what you do sort of thing

Maud: That is all.

What I didn't like: 

The conflict: Just seemed a little forced. I mean the dinner for instance, why not have the Apple bring a few dishes to the table? Or have the flag raising done by the youngest member of each team? No too bad since it makes the message work, just not the best either. Communication ponies is all I'm saying.

THAT'S NOT HOW FAULT LINES WORK!!

What I'd ship:

MarbleXBig Mac GO!!!

Good episode overall, though I think I prefer the first Hearthwarming episode (because history and background on Equestria) myself but seriously though Pinkie Pie is a twin. WTF? 

Edited by Sidral Mundet
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah that was pretty good. I still find the message of "Christmas is about love" annoying (it's not).

Yeah, I get that, too, and there's way too much of that theme in secular media.  That being said, I think the stronger theme of the episode was that different families have different traditions around the same holiday, and that's just fine.  That's surely a positive message that we can get behind.  :P

• Brohoof 1

The episode was nice. Not the best, but good. Pinkie has an interesting family and I really like Marble Pie (she is like Fluttershy). I don't know if I like it or not that Marble Pie and Big Mac are seems in love for each other. On the one side, I never was a fan of the Fluttermac Shipping (which seems dead now) because two silent characters together are not the best for a relationship in my opinion, but that is the same problem here. Both are really silent and I don't know, I think it's better when in a relationship both haven't the same character (that's also the reason why I don't like Appledash). But this is my opinion. 

I had the hope we got some informations about the relatives between both families. But ok, maybe in another episode. 

I loved this episode. A perfect episode for Christmas (which is actually a week before Halloween, ironically). I enjoyed the character interactions, especially towards Applejack and Pinkie Pie, the conflict between the two families was done really well, and the moral was well-executed. I consider this episode one of my favorite MLP episodes as well as one of my favorite Christmas specials. This episode is another reason why I enjoy MLP so much!

• Brohoof 1

Yeah that was pretty good. I still find the message of "Christmas is about love" annoying (it's not). I really do hate that aggressive pie (whatever her name was). Also that new ship is gonna cause A LOT of flame wars.

Unfortunately it seems like it already is just about starting, if Big Mac and Marble become a cannon couple they are going to probably have to have confirmation that they are not cousins (even though they would be so distant that it wouldn't be any different than a random unrelated stallion and mare getting together) to avoid freaking people out.

Anyways, I loved this episode. I find it a better holiday episode than Hearth's Warming Eve. Maybe it's because this episode felt like the characters were more involved in the plot. Speaking of which they aired a Christmas episode a week before Halloween, before the actual holiday episode.

The Hearthswarming episode felt like they took the actual Hearthswarming story and watered it down to a mediocre childrens play which has indeed been done with certain other stories as well. With all the crazy stuff that happened in Equestria's history you know the un altered founding story was probably epic.

• Brohoof 1

What I didn't like: 

The conflict: Just seemed a little forced.

What I'd ship:

MarbleXBig Mac GO!!!

I agree, the conflict was a bit forced and was surely the weakest aspect of the episode.  Still worth it for the Marble x Big Mac cute blushing scenes though!  :wub:

• Brohoof 3

Remember that episode that gave like a 50% chance that they were all cousins?

Yes, but remember when Pinkie Pie read their "possible" family link.  It's extremely distant.  Unrelated enough to make it safe, but related enough to make it naughty?  I don't know what Hasbro is thinking here but the drama it's creating is popcorn worthy!  :ph34r:

• Brohoof 2

This was a sentimental episode, as we have a new Hearth's Warming Eve episode, this time between the Apples and Pies. Both families come from different backgrounds, and have different traditions for the same holiday, naturally, this was the first time the families celebrated Hearth's Warming together, like people do in real life for Christmas. The Apples are a vibrant and jovial group, while the Pies are reserved and disciplined, as a result Applejack tried to impose her families values over the Pies, causing quite a bit on chaos, so both families learned something, to let change happen progressively, and remember that the spirit of the holiday is more important than tradition. My family is similar to the Apples and Pies, for my family is interfaith, we come from Catholic and Jewish backgrounds, so we celebrate Hanukkah and Christmas together every year, I do love decorating the Christmas tree, some of my fondest memories was placing the ornaments and lights, then I was introduced to Jewish traditions, after my Bar Mitzvah, giving me new traditions to enjoy, my cousins and I now light the candles on the Menorah, a clear crystal ornate candelabrum, I light the fourth candle, we may come from different backgrounds, but we never let our difference come between us, we just let each other express ourselves, to bring something new, or remind us of something old but cherished, because people are more important that ceremonies or symbols, so I loved this episodes' spirit, as we see how the ponies celebrate Hearth's Warming, and how they learn to share the holiday, a very positive message to me.  

• Brohoof 1

Before any of you do anything, stop. Stop it right now. They are cousins. Or would be weird. Don't even make the tag, Derpibooru.

Can we not? Please? They could be cousins.... that's really sick and messed up. 

Remember that episode that gave like a 50% chance that they were all cousins?

To be fair that is really REALLY far back. Something like 50 generations back I believe. People can argue that it's it's a bit too distant for it to even matter.

Edited by The Coffee Pony
  • Brohoof 4

"Holidays are oh so nice,

spent in an Amish paradise"

post-24370-0-22545600-1445704531.jpg

If they had him randomly walk by and say/sing that near the end I literally would have probably died. :lol:

Anyways, definitely an interesting episode. I also like how Apple Bloom was very close to dying in her bunk bed every second she was there.

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 3