What did you think?  

205 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• I hated it!
    • I didn't like it.
    • It was...meh.
    • I enjoyed it.
    • I LOVED IT!!!

Great episode! Btw, next week's episode most fans have already seen ahead of time thanks to iTunes posting it early for some reason (no joke), so let's comment on the rest of the season to come.

The 11/7 episode will be another Discord episode, and will center around another conflict between him and Twilight for once. I especially think this is a good idea, since, let's be honest, Twilight's been more than a little mean to him as of late. Yes, Discord has his antics, but at least the other ponies try to be civil to him. And it's not like he means any harm! Twilight seems to be ALWAYS the first pony to get on his case anytime it even LOOKS like he's about to cause trouble (ex. the Smooze incident, which admittedly wasn't ENTIRELY Discord's fault). And bear in mind, Discord was the one who redeemed himself and helped Twilight stop Tirek at the end of Season 4. Or has she (and the writers) forgotten that? Some Princess of Friendship SHE's acting like! Either way, Twilight's antagonizing of Discord is something I hope gets addressed in two weeks.

Lastly, didn't the writer's mention we'll be meeting Fluttershy's brother later this season (the whole "Orchard Blossom is a new character" thing turned out to be trolling on their part a few weeks ago)? Cause that hasn't happened yet! There's only a small handful of episodes left, and the only one that we MIGHT see him is the "Hoofields and McColts" episode with Fluttershy and Twilight being given a map mission!

Any thoughts to what I'm saying, guys?

Think we'll see Discord interacting with Spike?

• Brohoof 1

This episode was just okay for me.

I feel like it taught a good lesson, but the episode overall was just bland.

So about this whole Pinkie-Applejack thing, are they really cousins or NOT?

We don't know yet.

Then again, we may never know.

So my community from around the world lend me your ears how did you enjoy this episode 1 apple jack is going over the pinkie pies place for heart warming Eve how did you like the interactive between her family how did she like her sisters her mother and her father how did you like their traditions on the rock farm and how Applejack wanted to make it better for them

So, anyone mind explaining how two ponies only possibly related, and if they are related it's by generations upon generations to the point where they wouldn't even really share blood?

Not to mention their "love" is very vague and up to heavy interpretation. I mean heck, what did you expect from 2 shy ponies? Blushing isn't always a sign of affection. It also happens when people are shy or put into situations where they are uncomfortable. Not everything has to be love-related. I'm not talking about everyone, or anyone in particular, but I think disliking this episode for that reason only is kinda ridiculous. Of course, I understand the other reasons why one might dislike this episode

Twilight said it best in this episode: "To each their own."

That aside, I found this episode to be rather enjoyable. Sure it was bland, especially compared to the previous 2 episodes where something big happened, but it was a great "feel-good" episode.

• Brohoof 1

Except they intentionally kept whether or not they were cousins ambiguous, perhaps for reveal of a later episode. Considering both families live within a fairly close proximity to Ponyville, it's probably safe to assume they aren't too distantly related since both parts of the family stuck around, even if it was only a few generations back, it's still nasty...

In some form or another, we are all brothers, sisters and cousins.

• Brohoof 1

Omg, Limestone! I want more of her!

Hoping and praying that if we see her more, she turns out to be like Louise Belcher, rude and brash, when she wants to have her way, but also mnipulative, cunning, and playful

• Brohoof 1

Now that we know more about the Rock Farm and Pinkie's family, I'm really wondering what Trixie's experience was working for them.

Something tells me that Limestone didn't put up with her crap for very long...

I hated this episode, as much as any others. They also bring two things that I didn't like the most

1)We already got, that friendship worths nothing, compare to romance/shipping, and that for every single equestrian is mandatory to get married/have a partner at some point.

2)Since Pies and Apples are probably related, and Marble and Mac have hots to each other, incest is now canon.

I-N-C-E-S-T

In the kid show.

How'd you like that?

since when did blushing equal "I wanna do yu like they do on the Discovery Channel. ", and not plain, simple embarrassment?
  • Brohoof 1

My first observation, why did this premiere a week before Halloween again? Seems kinda weird but I guess it is what it is. Secondly, the Pies are amazing. I always thought they all would be like Maud but apparently even she is a special case among the Pie family. Thridly, the moral in this episode was a bit jumbled around, probably one of the lesser moral deliveries this season for me. I love the moral, it just seemed really, out of the blue. Fourth, I am a sucker for christmas themed episodes I have noticed they always make me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. Fifth, I am listing too much.

I really enjoyed this episode despite the kinda fast moral dilemma. The Pies themselves were the best part of it and I love how Apple Bloom and Maud bonded at least for a little bit, that was cool. Plus, Rock Soup, gonna have to try that sometime, looks divine. This is not one of my top favorites this season but it definitely is good to me.   :) My main problem, again, the moral dilemma and how it was solved. Granny Smith just gives that random explanation to why the boulder is so important, but that was kinda out of the blue. How did she know this? Who told her? Was it the old Pies? Why did she wait until NOW to tell everyone why it was so important? It just seemed out of nowhere, a plot RKO if you will. Again, still a good episode, but that part is what confused me.

since when did blushing equal "I wanna do yu like they do on the Discovery Channel. ", and not plain, simple embarrassment?

Since those times, when looking at each other = new OTP rising.

You have to admit they teased the shippers in this episode, especially in this scene.

Edited by Shanks

My first observation, why did this premiere a week before Halloween again? Seems kinda weird but I guess it is what it is. Secondly, the Pies are amazing. I always thought they all would be like Maud but apparently even she is a special case among the Pie family. Thridly, the moral in this episode was a bit jumbled around, probably one of the lesser moral deliveries this season for me. I love the moral, it just seemed really, out of the blue. Fourth, I am a sucker for christmas themed episodes I have noticed they always make me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. Fifth, I am listing too much.

I really enjoyed this episode despite the kinda fast moral dilemma. The Pies themselves were the best part of it and I love how Apple Bloom and Maud bonded at least for a little bit, that was cool. Plus, Rock Soup, gonna have to try that sometime, looks divine. This is not one of my top favorites this season but it definitely is good to me.  :)

is Spike around to scribe that list? It's prety long...

FORESHADOWING! I like how they foreshadowed everypony having their own taditions, through Twi and Spike. That little head caress Twi did with him was adorbs.

• Brohoof 2

is Spike around to scribe that list? It's prety long...

FORESHADOWING! I like how they foreshadowed everypony having their own taditions, through Twi and Spike. That little head caress Twi did with him was adorbs.

For some reason I forgot to mention that. That whole scene was awesome. :3 One of my favorite parts of the episode for sure, for some reason I kept thinking about the latter half when I made that post. Makes me wnat to see Hearths Warming Eve in Ponyville again with all of their traditions, like Twilight and Spike. That would be cool. ^__^ Maybe actually have that episode around the holidays this time. XD

• Brohoof 1

For some reason I forgot to mention that. That whole scene was awesome. :3 One of my favorite parts of the episode for sure, for some reason I kept thinking about the latter half when I made that post. Makes me wnat to see Hearths Warming Eve in Ponyville again with all of their traditions, like Twilight and Spike. That would be cool. ^__^ Maybe actually have that episode around the holidays this time. XD

might be another 5 years...

Though, instead of Spike and Twi, maybe there could be a time when Twi gets called away before another certain tradition they share, and Spike feels all sad, and shares the holidayo or whatever, with Zecora. She could use more development

Wow, remembering the near-universal praise of Maud Pie when it first premiered, I came into this thread expecting "I LOVED IT!!!" to be the most popular opinion by far...hey, I'm not complaining. I'm enjoying being with the only slightly less popular opinion at the moment, which is just liking it. :P

My opinion on this episode is the same as my modern-day opinion on Maud Pie, it's not spectacular, but fine. I thought the plot was pretty predictable, I saw the Apples not enjoying the Pies' family traditions but learning to love them in the end coming from a mile away, but it had its moments, like with Pinkie's Pie two other sisters and Maud Pie's really funny lines. That dream conversation she had with Apple Bloom... :lol:

I can't find this episode on You Tube.  I'm GOING INSANE!  Please help!

Edited by CloudMistDragon
  • Brohoof 2

Did anyone else find the little story about Spike and Twilight's Hearth's Warming sweet?

I also loved the little scene between Twilight and Spike. Poor Spike always gets books as gifts which was funny LOL.

Yes! This was a wonderful way to start the episode, and gave us a little more insight into Twilight and Spike's relationship. I did notice Twilight didn't say exactly when her and Spike had their first Hearthswarming Eve together. If they did, it would have confirmed or denied Celestia raising Spike before giving him over to Twilight.

Oh, and her running her hoof through his head fins/spikes - such a touching moment!  :(  

Y'know, Spike probably should visit the Pies someday. He'd probably appreciate their rock soup a lot more than the Apples did. Just keep him out of their mines unless he wants to face Limestone's surly wrath!  :lol:

In the opening, did anyone else noticed that in Spike's Teeth-showing smile, his sharper teeth are getting more noticeable?

I did notice his canines are more pronounced when he smiles. Aging the little fella, perhaps, like they have for the CMC? *crosses fingers*

Speaking of aging, Apple Bloom's voice sounded notably older in this episode than any other this season! Almost to the point of it being a bit jarring.

Pinkie Pie is a twin. Seriously I can't get over that.

Also can we talk about the fact that Pinkie is a twin please?

Yes! I was floored when Pinkie said Marble was born only minutes before her! And I am also going to assume that Limestone is another twin since she seems the same age and the three of them are triplets. My thoughts are Limestone was first, then Pinkie and finally Marble. And Maud was part of a separate... "litter."  :lol:

Oh my gosh!  Big Mac was mackin' on his cousin!  XD

Can we not? Please? They could be cousins.... that's really sick and messed up.

Yes, but remember when Pinkie Pie read their "possible" family link.  It's extremely distant.  Unrelated enough to make it safe, but related enough to make it naughty?  I don't know what Hasbro is thinking here but the drama it's creating is popcorn worthy!  :ph34r:

I'm with Brony_B on this. Pinkie only says their cousins (implying first cousins) because she very much wants them to be a family. But the truth is, even if they are related they are so far apart on the family tree that Big Mac would have a better chance of dating a more genetically similar pony if he picked some random pony off the street.

And buck... They make such a cute couple.  :wub:  Raise the anchors, the SS MarbleMac/BigPie is setting sail!  :bedeyes: 

I don't think I've ever seen Applejack cry THAT hard before. :'(

Also, it is a fact that Apple Jack dose'nt always cry on the inside, as seen in this episode as well as when Apple Bloom got her cutie mark a couple weeks ago.

Yeah the canon about her never being seen crying is pretty much over. Perhaps she's just gotten more in touch with her emotions by being around the other Mane 6 and isn't afraid to cry anymore. Maybe it was all about not appearing weak compared to her nearest competitor, Rainbow Dash, and since RD has already had several sad moments maybe AJ doesn't feel like she needs to hide it anymore?

I thought that it was cute that Pinkie's parents spoke in rhyme like old english. It kind of reminded me of Shakespeare in a small way.

It's supposed to be a representation of how Amish people speak, even though most don't.

I liked how in synch Applejack and Pinkie were. It was ADORABLE!

YES - it was! They were practically like sisters in those scenes.

I guess the only thing I didn't like was there were moments where Pinkie's grumpy sister was a bit hard to take but I guess she had her reasons.

Yeah, I would have preferred if she just been grumpy, but she did cross over into the bully territory; so much so that hearing her reminded me of Babs Seed when she was berating the CMC.  :( 

Although, am I the only one spying the possible Chekchov's Gun here in regards to Holder's Boulder? The rock is egg shaped and was found in a dragon's nest, so either a) the dragon mistook it for an egg and added it to its nest before Holder found it, or B. it actually is a dragon's egg and just has yet to hatch.

The revelation that the Pie farm was formerly a dragon's nest threw me for a loop! There are suddenly a lot of interesting possibilities about the backstory of the Pie family!  :o

I noticed the boulder looked like an egg, but didn't make the connection to it being a possible dragon's egg until Granny revealed the history of the rock on the train.

It would not surprise me if it ends up being an actual egg; though you're right that it could just be a rock a mother dragon thought was an egg that needed hatching since it is very large and stone-like compared to Spike's egg. Of course, we don't know where Spike's egg came from either, so using his egg as a point of comparison doesn't help us, much...

Also, the bit of history about Holder Cobblestone coupled with fact that their whole family eats rocks and dragons eat gems makes me wonder if the dragon nest wasn't exactly empty when he found it and there's some undocumented dragon blood flowing through those Pie veins....  :blink:

• Brohoof 3

This episode was pretty darn fun to watch, it's just that two things about it kind of bothered me. One, there was a Christmas episode before Halloween, and two, this episode is going to start shipping Pinkie and AJ if Pinkie and AJ haven't been shown a bit too affectionate already. Otherwise, good episode.

That dragon rock could either be a petrified egg, just a rock, or is yet to hatch. The dragon rock could even be magical and may be the cause of their ability to be able to eat rocks.

Either way, they really know how to get us interested and that look of pure wtf on Applejack's face when Pinkie broke logic with 19 hooves on screen was the greatest thing.

• Brohoof 1