What did you think?  

205 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• I hated it!
    • I didn't like it.
    • It was...meh.
    • I enjoyed it.
    • I LOVED IT!!!

I thought the ending reference to the earlier season's Maud Pie episode was a nice touch. Rock soup? Sounds absolutely delicious. It was nice to see that the fact that Pinkie Pie & Applejack might be related wasn't just a one-off thing in Pinkie Apple Pie and that they had continued that in this episode. 

I felt that the recap on how Hearth's Warming Eve wasn't entirely necessary and the timing could have been better to coincide with Christmas. However, the episode still provided everyone with a proper showcase of Pinkie Pie's family, which was interesting to say the least. The message of the episode about respecting each other's traditions was fairly clear and present throughout the entire episode.

Overall, it was an enjoyable episode.

Edited by Trigonia

People are shipping Marble and Big Mac, to which i say this: Big Mac is shy. Marble is shy. Put two shy people in a room alone together, and what happens? No shipping, just two shy people being shy.

• Brohoof 1

People are shipping Marble and Big Mac, to which i say this: Big Mac is shy. Marble is shy. Put two shy people in a room alone together, and what happens? No shipping, just two shy people being shy.

Yeah, me too ggg-2! We liked the Big Mac-Cheerilee ship better <3

• Brohoof 1

Can we not? Please? They could be cousins.... that's really sick and messed up.

Sigh.

For one it is not confirmed, so if the shipper feels that they are not cousins ... no moral qualms. Secondly you can legally marry distant cousins IRL.

• Brohoof 3

Sigh.

For one it is not confirmed, so if the shipper feels that they are not cousins ... no moral qualms. Secondly you can legally marry distant cousins IRL.

Except they intentionally kept whether or not they were cousins ambiguous, perhaps for reveal of a later episode. Considering both families live within a fairly close proximity to Ponyville, it's probably safe to assume they aren't too distantly related since both parts of the family stuck around, even if it was only a few generations back, it's still nasty...

Truly this was a very beautiful and awesome episode. I'm seriously impressed with this one. Loved how diverse the personalities were in the Pie Family. 

And I see Apple and Pinkie more as really close sisters than a couple, but I don't think anyone who ships them are sick just from the possibility they are cousins. While I personally wouldn't do it and I personally believe the "applepie" relationship is completely platonic, I still find them cute

I decided to not watch this episode. It just felt wrong that they aired the Christmas episode the week before the Halloween episode.

I'm going to save it for when it's more season-appropriate. Wish me luck in avoiding spoilers until then!

• Brohoof 5

Sometimes, but not always relationships can be complicated. Big Mac is probably popular with the mares and may be put off by some of them coming on a bit strong (in the comic Big Mac and The Art of Gazebo Repair some of the mares admiring Big Mac were practically ready to rape him) and Marble could be reserved partly due to her upbringing and someone who is a bit more old fashioned like possibly Big Mac might be more her type.

Except they intentionally kept whether or not they were cousins ambiguous, perhaps for reveal of a later episode. Considering both families live within a fairly close proximity to Ponyville, it's probably safe to assume they aren't too distantly related since both parts of the family stuck around, even if it was only a few generations back, it's still nasty...

I believe in the episode Pinkie Apple Pie it was stated a connection that's something like 50 generations back and a generation is about 25 years so the connection would be about 1250 years back and it might be by marriage. And do keep in mind that it isn't confirmed and even if it was, it's far too distant to even matter.

Edited by The Coffee Pony
  • Brohoof 1

I believe in the episode Pinkie Apple Pie it was stated a connection that's something like 50 generations back and a generation is about 25 years so the connection would be about 1250 years back and it might be by marriage. And do keep in mind that it isn't confirmed and even if it was, it's far too distant to even matter.

Tell me the exact part of the episode where it said it was anywhere near that long. It might have said "moons" - and we all know moons aren't all that long in Equestrian Time.

For all who are saying that Hearths Warming Eve is the pony equallevent of christmas, and that it is out of place that it comes before Nightmare Night (the pony equallevent of Halloween), keep this in mind, by next Thursday retail stores will be removing Halloween stuff and replacing it with christmas stuff. Stores start shoving christmas down our throats before Halloween. So, it is a fact that the christmas season starts before Halloween.

Also, it is a fact that Apple Jack dose'nt always cry on the inside, as seen in this episode as well as when Apple Bloom got her cutie mark a couple weeks ago.

• Brohoof 1

So, chances of the egg hatching and having a giant dragon terrorize Equestria?

For all who are saying that Hearths Warming Eve is the pony equallevent of christmas, and that it is out of place that it comes before Nightmare Night (the pony equallevent of Halloween), keep this in mind, by next Thursday retail stores will be removing Halloween stuff and replacing it with christmas stuff. Stores start shoving christmas down our throats before Halloween. So, it is a fact that the christmas season starts before Halloween.

Also, it is a fact that Apple Jack dose'nt always cry on the inside, as seen in this episode as well as when Apple Bloom got her cutie mark a couple weeks ago.

I've seen Halloween decorations as early as August.

• Brohoof 1

Apple family is spread across Equestria and the family historian could not confirm either. Evidence points more to distant the moment a founding Ponyvillian like Granny didn't know. You have any idea how many people have thousands of third cousins twice removed?

The episode didn't confirm anything anyway. Even if it did ... unless they said they were 1st or 2nd cousins ... I couldn't care less about perpetuated scientific ignorance due to recent moral standards. Cute ship is cute.

• Brohoof 1

Now that we know more about the Rock Farm and Pinkie's family, I'm really wondering what Trixie's experience was working for them.

Trixie said that she worked on A rock farm. Not necessarily the Pie family rock farm. Assuming that there is more than one rock farm in Equestria. But, yeah, if it was the Pie farm, Limestone would have been a hard ass boss!

Tell me the exact part of the episode where it said it was anywhere near that long. It might have said "moons" - and we all know moons aren't all that long in Equestrian Time.

Apple family is spread across Equestria and the family historian could not confirm either. Evidence points more to distant the moment a founding Ponyvillian like Granny didn't know. You have any idea how many people have thousands of third cousins twice removed?

The episode didn't confirm anything anyway. Even if it did ... unless they said they were 1st or 2nd cousins ... I couldn't care less about perpetuated scientific ignorance due to recent moral standards. Cute ship is cute.

My mistake! I was using a number thrown around on EqD.

I looked at the episode. But apparently the connection is that Pinkie and her sisters are POSSIBLY fourth cousins twice removed.

For all who are saying that Hearths Warming Eve is the pony equallevent of christmas, and that it is out of place that it comes before Nightmare Night (the pony equallevent of Halloween), keep this in mind, by next Thursday retail stores will be removing Halloween stuff and replacing it with christmas stuff. 

It is for that reason that it wouldn't surprise me at all if airing this episode now instead of closer to Christmas was a marketing decision on the part of Hasbro.

• Brohoof 1

My mistake! I was using a number thrown around on EqD.

I looked at the episode. But apparently the connection is that Pinkie and her sisters are POSSIBLY fourth cousins twice removed.

Well I don't know about you but my fourth cousin is pretty close family that I would count as morally wrong if I wanted to get with her.

Also it's not cute, Marble Pie is literally gray rock Fluttershy

Big Mac is just a shy stallion

shyness makes you do those things around strangers

stop looking for something that's not there

Oh my... this episode... I LIKE THIS EPISODE A LOT ALREADY!!!  :pinkie:   A "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" reference, finally getting to meet the Pie Family, holiday shenanigans, THIS IS GONNA BE GOOD!!!  :ph34r:

I know! A John Candy and Steve Martin pony!

post-24370-0-53333400-1445707476.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Well I don't know about you but my fourth cousin is pretty close family that I would count as morally wrong if I wanted to get with her.

Also it's not cute, Marble Pie is literally gray rock Fluttershy

Big Mac is just a shy stallion

shyness makes you do those things around strangers

stop looking for something that's not there

I'm apathetic on the matter. that's generally an area where no laws forbid and it may or may not matter to some people.

Also whether it's cute or not is subjective. Nobody's saying the ship is canon, as always people are shipping just for fun. I'd say let them have their fun.

• Brohoof 1