Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Marble Pie as the official Big Mac's love interest?

Conred

The newest episode tried very hard to imply that these two like eachother. The director also said that they are too distant to be considered as incestious. Do you think Cheerilee is no longer a case for Big Mac from now on? Or is it just a single one shot moment never to be referenced again? Or is it a future plot development to make Pie's and Apples connected as one big family when two of them get married?

post-22941-0-93059700-1445712864.gif

• Brohoof 10

Well thinking back to Harry Potter and the way the Harry/Ginny thing in the films, it went from a scene very much like this - with Ron getting in the middle to grab a mince pie, to nothing nothing nothing, and kiss

In show Cherilee was only put into the picture due to to CMC's and their matchmaking. This one shot complete with blushes is closer to confirming intrest than anything I've seen before

• Brohoof 1

There've been a couple of scenes with Cheerilee and Big Mac together; walking in the background in an episode and her swooning during his performance with the Ponytones.  But nothing more has come of the matter.

I think that Big Mac and Marble may just being shy and embarrassed around each other but I could see this developing into something more.  They do have a lot in common; both being shy and quiet, both being farmers and both having sisters who are friends.

Yeah, I'd ship them.

It is way too soon to call it official since this really comes off as the writers doing a bit of trolling, but there is no doubt that this will fuel shipping fics for quite some time, but of course still won't stop other Big Mac ships that have been around a bit longer.

I could see this as a thing, assuming the two families aren't actually related. If they are, then it could just be simply shyness towards friends. If not, then this could get interesting.

Well thinking back to Harry Potter and the way the Harry/Ginny thing in the films, it went from a scene very much like this - with Ron getting in the middle to grab a mince pie, to nothing nothing nothing, and kiss

In show Cherilee was only put into the picture due to to CMC's and their matchmaking. This one shot complete with blushes is closer to confirming intrest than anything I've seen before

There was this little nugget

Cheerilee_falls_down_S4E14.png

That said, I can see Season Six closing out the 'Apple Pie Cousin' arc with confirmation that they don't share a distant relative and eventually BAM Big Mac and Marble announced they are engaged, thus making them all family by way of marriage.

• Brohoof 6

I said it once in the episode discussion. Big Mac is shy. Marble is shy. Put two shy ponies together in the same room, and what happens?

coming from a shy person's perspective- long awkward silence and lots of avoiding eye contact.maybe some nervous shuffling and season 1 fluttershy squeaks for good measure
  • Brohoof 7

coming from a shy person's perspective- long awkward silence and lots of avoiding eye contact.maybe some nervous shuffling and season 1 fluttershy squeaks for good measure

^^^^^^ This. This exactly. There's nothing between them, just two shy ponies being shy.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe, but honestly this is only a first meeting. As others mentioned, both are shy ponies so any extended social interaction would be out of their comfort zone.

Then again, I don't think Big Mac is really shy but more chooses to keep to himself. After all, he is in the Pony Tones and was acting very flamboyant as disguised cousin. So this puts to question why Big Mac was acting particularly shy in this episode. Could it be?

In any case, I don't think this episode confirms anything but shippers will stop at nothing.

Edit: Ah yes. There's also question of exactly how closely related Apples and Pies are.

Edited by Luna the Great
  • Brohoof 1

Did the director really say that they are too distant to be incestuous? I personally don't think they should be viewed as a love interest, really just seemed like them being shy with eachother. 

However unless Big Mac and Cheerilee get together or somehow are shown to have a love interest, I'm betting those two will be somehow engaged.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, good. I would have been shocked if there wasn't a thread like this. All I can say is that if Twilight/Flash doesn't qualify as an official pairing then this doesn't either. This show and romance is like oil and water with few exceptions, such as Cadance and Shining Armor. Sure, we might see the occasional implied future romance, but it almost never goes beyond that. However, I think this pairing is kind of cute, and when I saw the first scene with those two, the first thing that came to mind was "I'd ship them". Wow, I think a pairing is cute and I thought of shipping them? Yikes, maybe my Brony transformation is progressing faster than I thought. The me from two years ago would never say something like that.

• Brohoof 3

Marble reminds me of Fluttershy, just a really quiet and shyer Fluttershy. And I ship Fluttershy and Big Mac. Now I ship Marble and Big Mac. I ship Marble and Big Mac because of the their similarities. And them saying "mhmm" and "eeyup" makes it cuter. XD

Edited by Ecntrix

I reckon some people are too eager to ship and have a weird incest fetish. They're distant cousins and have a lot in common. They'll get along well, sure. Nothing romantic about it. They blushed because they're both shy.

• Brohoof 4

Family relation can be such a slippery slope, and nothing is even remotely confirmed about any sort of relation between the two. Honestly I think Marble & Big Mac look cute, and even if they are related it apparently barely even represents anything.

Of course, as was mentioned earlier, this is one way in which shy people interact. XD

• Brohoof 2

However, I think this pairing is kind of cute, and when I saw the first scene with those two, the first thing that came to mind was "I'd ship them". Wow, I think a pairing is cute and I thought of shipping them? Yikes, maybe my Brony transformation is progressing faster than I thought. The me from two years ago would never say something like that.

http://youtu.be/9C4uTEEOJlM

I was where you were Tross. I crossed over. I blame all my time in the RFC. :D

• Brohoof 1

they actually look cute together with all that blushing xD

imo a romance flag has been raised yo

and oh even though if somewhat if the pies and apples are somewhat related

they have branched off far too long that theres no longer any blood relation

therefore i see no problem for marble pie x big mac shipping

• Brohoof 2

ALL ABOARD S.S. BIGMARBLE/MARBLEMAC, I CHRISTEN THIS SHIP TO SET SAIL, I REGRET NOTHING.

I honestly don't believe the Pie and Apple family are directly blood related since the evidence has been largely inconclusive at this point.  But even if the proof presents itself, its not like that has ever stopped ships from ever setting sail before.  Though personal preference for me is to not be blood related.

But ships do whatever they want, they listen to no one as far as I can tell.  

They make a really cute pairing imo.  I am wondering though if CheerileeMac still is a thing, because there have been other subtle hints of Cheerille and Big Mac spending time together at other times during the show.

(haha, now I am debating about whether or not I regret something, but darn it, they are still cute.)

Edited by pony.colin