Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Marble Pie as the official Big Mac's love interest?

Conred

Yo calm down. They arn't officially related. Pinky even reaffirms it at the beginning of the episode. "Apples and Pies together again for the first time... maybe. Unless we're related, which maybe we're not." Applejack even replies with "Friends OR Family."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSGUev-0GNE

You really should listen more. MAYBE meaning they might be. We don't know and THEY don't know. Man, this getting as out of control as the debates about Leia kissing Luke in A New Hope.

If they do get together, I feel like they're going to say that the Apple and Pie families were actually just neighbors, and if they don't get together, then it'll probably be confirmed that the Apples and Pies are related by the top of the family tree.

First, I think just a blush is way too little to confirm a romantic relationship. The fandom, particularly the shippers and cloppers, are too eager to jump on anything that may remotely suggest such a relationship. Unless clearly depicted as a couple in later episodes, I'll write it off as a one-time scene.

And second, the idea that they may be committing incest because they may be related doesn't really make sense, since the beginning of Pinkie Apple Pie makes it very clear that even if they are relatives, they are very, very, very distant, probably dozens of generations away, so it doesn't really matter:

Pinkie_Apple_Pie.png

• Brohoof 1

First you said:

What part of THEY'RE RELATED is so difficult to understand.

Then you said:

MAYBE meaning they might be. We don't know and THEY don't know.

All I said was they are not officially related to each other. That's it. You said in the first comment they were related, and I was trying to say it's not official that they are. Then you basically said the same thing I already said, which is that we don't know if they are related.

I honestly have no idea why you're getting so worked up over nothing, you literally managed to counter argue yourself.

• Brohoof 1

I think Pie's and Apples are not related, however they will become one big family once Big Mac marry Marble Pie. And then they will have a huge reunion at the wedding.

I think that the ship may be more than just official at Hasbro.

I think that the CHOOSING STONE picked them!

Does it know any apple farming hunks? 

The tow Pie parents look at one another knowingly.  Indeed so.  But perhaps they don't want to freak out Big Mac so they don't mention that it is HIM that the stone chose for Marble.  (or didn't mention it to us because of comedic value)

Which may mean that we know NOTHING about Marble Pie.  Because she acts like an arranged bride to be with her groom to be the whole episode. 

(edited)

I think that the ship may be more than just official at Hasbro.

I think that the CHOOSING STONE picked them!

Does it know any apple farming hunks? 

The tow Pie parents look at one another knowingly.  Indeed so.  But perhaps they don't want to freak out Big Mac so they don't mention that it is HIM that the stone chose for Marble.  (or didn't mention it to us because of comedic value)

Which may mean that we know NOTHING about Marble Pie.  Because she acts like an arranged bride to be with her groom to be the whole episode. 

I think that scene just implied that Granny Smith wanted to find a guy for herself and was so open about it that it embarassed the Pies.

Edited by Conred

Cheerilee still exists, and as far as I'm aware, CheeriMac is still the only Big Mac pairing that exists. Not the pairing with Fluttershy and Fluttershy #2:Electric Scootaloo

Edited by ChicksDigGiantRobots

• 7 years later...

In the Christmas special we saw how sad Marble got when she saw BigMac and Sugar Belle together. After season 9 it is clear that the official pairing is with Sugar Belle

• 2 weeks later...

I don't find it logical to believe that characters with many similarities in their personalities could fall in love with each other. In real life, that's not how love normally works. Interests work that way though since people look for other people who have the same interests, but regarding personality, it's very uncommon for someone to look for someone else with many similar personality traits.