Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you LOVE about this show?

Steel Accord

Because I will champion this show and fandom till I die, I thought I should make this thread for people to list things they like about the show. It can be anything, the setting, certain characters, particular episodes, different themes or ideas, just as long as it's about the show itself and it's something you consider good.

For me, I love practically everything about this show but one of the first things that hooked me to it was the setting. That it struck that rare balance between being idyllic but not perfect. It wasn't the conflict free sugar bowl of the past where nothing happens but it's not Pokemon levels of darkness under a veneer of innocence.

Because I will champion this show and fandom till I die, I thought I should make this thread for people to list things they like about the show. It can be anything, the setting, certain characters, particular episodes, different themes or ideas, just as long as it's about the show itself and it's something you consider good.

For me, I love practically everything about this show but one of the first things that hooked me to it was the setting. That it struck that rare balance between being idyllic but not perfect. It wasn't the conflict free sugar bowl of the past where nothing happens but it's not Pokemon levels of darkness under a veneer of innocence.

What do you mean by Pokemon levels?

The characters, oh sweet Celestia the characters! I could almost care less about anything else that happens in this show, I just keep coming back for the our well-developed cast and assorted secondary crew!  Also I like most SoL episode especially the ones that don't feel like they're trying to sell a moral, instead seeming to show people just interacting and having day to day problems that happens to lead to one.

• Brohoof 3

The characters and their personalities,

The humor,

The animation which is nice and fluid (and it improves each season)

Character development.

The songs and music 

and the occasional worldbuilding/ the fantasy elements of the show.

• Brohoof 3

I love the fantasy aspect of it, (most) of the music, (most) of the characters, the stories, the humor, and the references.

• Brohoof 1

I like the art style to some extent, as well as I think they're cute (ponies that is). The humor was never what I liked the show much for. I would say one reason is for the characters. I also like many of the episodes because they are truly interesting. Some would say the lessons of friendship, but I learned practically nothing about friendship from the show, because all the things they teach are generally common sense.

• Brohoof 1

I definitely love the art direction of the show: simple yet stylized and distinct. I would've liked for a larger variety of designs for the ponies since they seem too mix-and-match most of the time, but I don't mind that overall.

Edited by Number107

-The cast of characters is hands down the best cast of characters I've seen out of any show I've watched (Rarity and Gilda 4lief)

-The show tends to handle pretty complex topics that most other shows of the main target demographic don't (especially in Seasons 4 and 5)

-Good songs

-The art style

-The fantasy settings

yee

Edited by SuperNESBrony
  • Brohoof 2

The characters

The villains

The developed plots

The songs and music

The animation

The fandom

The feel good factor the show generates

The fact that it doesn't pander to stereotypes

The fact that in spite of it being a little girls show, it can still be epic.

The fact that it teaches there are many ways to express femininity.

Edited by DashBandicoot
  • Brohoof 1

1. I love most of their music.

2. I love how complex some lessons can be within their episodes...which is is impressive for a show intended for kids. Their lessons are actually super insightful and are useful for real life situations and relationships. Something that you have to carry even into adulthood. Other kid shows are just basic education or super simple kiddie lessons on how to be nice. MLP goes deeper than that

3. I appreciate the execution of the main characters even if they sometimes slip up and downplay/go overboard with them.

4. The background character designs are awesome. I'm impressed how they managed to win the hearts of so many people before we even get to KNOW the names if half these characters. Also impressed that a mistake led to the most adored background pony in the random: Derpy. Is it silly? Yes...but anyone who can make a mistake become a breakthrough deserves a metal

5. Did I mention I love the songs?

6. Maud. Nuff said on this topic folks

7. The villains.

• Brohoof 1