Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Least favorite level in your favorite games?

VengefulStrudel

SMW 2: Yoshi's Island. 2-8, Bigger Boo's Fort. That one spot where you have to jump on that carousel thing to turn it, but there's a flame leaping through the air that you have to lick - but the act of licking it makes the game freeze for just long enough to make you forget where you are in space. I died sooo many times overshooting the platform ;n;

Also 6-1, I hated that level XD

(And yes, I am a 15-year-old who adores that game :3)

• Brohoof 1

What Pokemon RPGs? Do you mean the Pokemon hacks or something else?

All of them.

I always get nervous when first facing them.

All of them.

I always get nervous when first facing them.

...Especially the Kanto Elite 4.

Anyways...least fave level in a video game would have to be Death Mountain in Zelda II.

I have some different choices for this question.

Halo; Combat Evolved: The Library. This level is the blight on this otherwise wonderful game. Instead of it being a creative and open level that has atmosphere and a fun sense of progress like most of the levels, this one is a generic slog through countless Flood enemies which are generic beyond belief and you go up floor after floor doing so while these floors look mostly the same. There are also points where you have to wait for Guilty Spark to open a door, all while fending off generic flood enemies over and over. It is weird how much this level seems like a precursor to Destiny, which Bungie also made.

Dynasty Warriors 4: The Nanman Battle. This was one of those levels that I always dreaded playing in this game. Not only was it one of the hardest battles in the game with poison everywhere and it being very long, but also it had to of the hardest ot unlock characters in the game and to get them you had to do very specific conditions. It was so very tedious. I love that game but that battle is annoying. 

Uncharted 2 Among Thieves: The last few chapters. I cannot remember the name of a specific chapter near the end here since it has been a while, but Uncharted 2 is one of the my favorite games of all time, due to its absolutely wonderful single player. It is fun, has incredible atmosphere and it is quite long too on top of everything else. It is a masterpiece. However, the one aspect I did not like, were the last few levels. I don't want to spoil anything, but basically there  are enemies that you must face at that point that are waaaaaaay too strong, to the point of being bullet sponges. This on the hardest difficulty made these enemies feel cheap because they can absorb bullets and kill you in just a couple of hits. The ending part of the game is still quite good despite that though.

• Brohoof 2

Ok, here I go.

Super Mario Galaxy: I'd have to say my least favorite is Rolling Gizmo Galaxy. It may only have one power star, but it usually takes me 10-15 tries. It's SO ANNOYING!

Pikmin 2: Even though I've never played the game before, I can safely say that Submerged Castle is automatically my least favorite level thanks to me watching Chuggaaconroy play the game.

Fire Emblem Path of Radiance: Chapter 15. It takes forever.

I've got a lot of favorite games, so I'll use my favorite arcade game, Mappy. I don't really like the bonus stages, I feel really rushed when I play them. They're fun, but when I first played them I always lost because I'd move too early and end up breaking the trampolines and losing.

Halo; Combat Evolved: The Library. This level is the blight on this otherwise wonderful game. Instead of it being a creative and open level that has atmosphere and a fun sense of progress like most of the levels, this one is a generic slog through countless Flood enemies which are generic beyond belief and you go up floor after floor doing so while these floors look mostly the same. There are also points where you have to wait for Guilty Spark to open a door, all while fending off generic flood enemies over and over. It is weird how much this level seems like a precursor to Destiny, which Bungie also made.

Dynasty Warriors 4: The Nanman Battle. This was one of those levels that I always dreaded playing in this game. Not only was it one of the hardest battles in the game with poison everywhere and it being very long, but also it had to of the hardest ot unlock characters in the game and to get them you had to do very specific conditions. It was so very tedious. I love that game but that battle is annoying. 

Uncharted 2 Among Thieves: The last few chapters. I cannot remember the name of a specific chapter near the end here since it has been a while, but Uncharted 2 is one of the my favorite games of all time, due to its absolutely wonderful single player. It is fun, has incredible atmosphere and it is quite long too on top of everything else. It is a masterpiece. However, the one aspect I did not like, were the last few levels. I don't want to spoil anything, but basically there  are enemies that you must face at that point that are waaaaaaay too strong, to the point of being bullet sponges. This on the hardest difficulty made these enemies feel cheap because they can absorb bullets and kill you in just a couple of hits. The ending part of the game is still quite good despite that though.

I love Halo and I do agree with you on the flood. They used to freak me out when I was a lot younger, but now I'm pretty used to them and just kind of slash through them.

Hmmm this'll be tough.

Call of Duty 4 - One Shot One Kill mission. This mission is the definition of hell on the hardest difficulty. For those who played it, it's the one when you have to escape Chernobyl after shooting Zakheav. Don't know how many times it took me to suffer through to the end, only to get stuck at the end for hours on end, or so it felt. I completed it eventually, but NEVER AGAIN.

Ratchet and Clank 2 - Planet Snivelak. It's towards the end of the game, and is just... so... tedious.... The enemies are tough and unforgiving, and it's just so long. It's just not a fun level, although it doesn't detract from the fact it's my favourite game of all time.

Fable 2 - This isn't a level per such, but the opening hour or so becomes tedious or repetitive once you've played the game for hundreds of hours. I mean, the tutorials drag out for so long and there's no way of skipping. This is more of a nit pick, I couldn't think of anything else :lol:

• Brohoof 1

The entire Twilight Town prologue from Kingdom Hearts II. It is SO long, and SO boring. I really want to play through the game again now that 2.5 Remix is out, but the thought of having to go through the slog that is Twilight Town again dissuades me...

• Brohoof 1

The Kid's warp zone in Super Meat Boy.

I frickin' rock on that game, I've beaten it 106% several times. But that level was designed by the devil himself.

The first time it took me about 5 hours of trying. Now it takes about half an hour to 45 minutes. And it's still the worst level in the game. :okiedokielokie:

I was so happy when I found the Eye of Truth and could finally leave the Bottom Of The Well dungeon in Ocarina Of Time. ^^" That dungeon was small, but scary and stressful!

halloween7.jpg

The forest Temple was a pain, too. For some reason, I kept getting lost.

Oddly enough, I really did like the Water Temple.

Oh, also! I really love Paper Mario 64, but the second Chapter (in the desert) is probably my least favourite--although Dry Dry Outpost is cool. I also didn't love the last Chapter too much, although I always look forward to playing as Princess Peach.

My favourite Dungeon is probably....hmmm. Either Flower Fields, or the Toybox, or Tubba Blubba's catle...or the Penguin village...or....

ah, who am I kidding. They're all awesome. I love that game. :wub: Especially the characters and all the little secrets and sidequests.

Hmmm this'll be tough.

Call of Duty 4 - One Shot One Kill mission. This mission is the definition of hell on the hardest difficulty. For those who played it, it's the one when you have to escape Chernobyl after shooting Zakheav. Don't know how many times it took me to suffer through to the end, only to get stuck at the end for hours on end, or so it felt. I completed it eventually, but NEVER AGAIN.

Oh god THIS^ Probably one of the moments in gaming, where I was close to smash my Controller on TV. The checkpoints where hard, you can hide short in grass, but not for long, few shots dead while hundreds of enemies shooting at you and the defense part at the end was made out by hell personally. from all the unfair parts on highest difficulty, this(And the level with the 9 minute limit at the end of the game) where still the hardest. But dont try COD WaW then, thats even worse XD

Yeah, those where really a pain in the flank. also the last bossfight, hours to manage it ... to find out I could had use the cheats too XD

Let's see

Metal Gear Solid: There aren't "levels" in the game, but the backtracking parts can be annoying. Sure the key card thing make sense, but for a single Sniper running trough half Shadow Moses back and forth was just annoying. Also that tower fight

Metal Gear Solid 2: Snipern. The controls way to sensitive and its not fun protecting Emma with it on Extreme difficulty

Metal Gear Solid 3: The little sneaking part at the end always annoyed me

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops: The last bossfight, urghhh

Metal Gear Solid 4: The bike chase for Big Boss Rank, oh god, no words needed

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker: The special version of Peace Walker and the last monster hunter mission there, annoying unfair

Metal Gear Rising: On higher difficulties I need more luck then skills often to got trough

Metal Gear Solid V GZ: S-Rank for that mission with the air-gun destroying, urgh

Metal Gear Solid V TPP: Actually at the begin there where severals but with the right equipment,  the missions are way easier, the more harder thing here are some mission tasks and S-Ranks

• Brohoof 1

In Half-Life 1, it was the Level Residue Processing because I don't like all the jumping parts in this level. I like it that Half-Life has some jumping parts, but this was a little bit to much for me especially the scene with the assembly belts. This level was also a little bit confusing.

The crevice in mgs 3.

It doesn't matter how many times you beat the game or how many special items you have.

That cave is still dark and big with a ton of dead ends for no reason

That was the only level in mgs 3 that I absolutely despised. So I have to agree with you there. Tough level for no reason!

• 3 years later...

Banjo-Kazooie- Rusty Bucket Bay. I think that should trigger sufficient flashbacks. Seriously, the level is so absurdly difficult that I never passed it as a kid... 

Borderlands 2- Post-Game. The post game may only really be a single quest, but is it a frustrating one. To beat the hardest boss they could throw at you, Terramorphous. The foght is actually almost impossible to not lose with certain characters, not to mention the legendaries aren't worth farming for.

Fallout 3- Old Olney. See a theme here? The place is FILLED with Deathclaws... Dying to them over and over again dhe to the lack of good sight lines can really get frustrating.

Edited by ~Dusky~

Labyrinth zone in Sonic 1, Aquatic Mine in sonic adventure 2, ect. Basically any water level in a sonic game other than hydro city zone and Aquarium Park. (I find both of them to be really fun)

• 2 years later...

I got one recent: Catwoman’s Revenge in Batman Arkham Knight. All because for the final part. You have to battle tons of robots. 20 or so. Meanwhile, you are being harassed by randomly moving lasers, and the tiles get permanently electrified save for a 2x2 in the middle. That’s a big level of carefully planning each movement, but Batman Arkham series combat is very acrobatic, flashy, and with random and lengthy animations which aren’t fit for such precision. Add that with using Catwoman, the character who moves all over the place the most, and you get a recipe for disaster. Granted, I’ve played on hard, but it would have been nice to let me know of that bullshit beforehand :dry:

In Watchdogs Legion, a character had to ask someone one a date for a mission but she turn that character down and when character ask her to f you, she check not in a mission year, horrfull woman. You need a different character to ask her out. Not sure that count as a level.

In Spyro, Speed ways can be stressing,