Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If You Could Have One Wish, What Would You Wish For?

best poni

The power to transform into anything and take on the attributes of the form. For example, being able to breath fire as a dragon or move through walls as a ghost or being able to grant wishes as a genie... (hah, like I'd really fall for that one!)

This is probably a terrible and rather sadistic wish but... I wish New World of Darkness was reality. Because when you see a world filled with morally devoid vampires, hopelessly overwhelmed werewolves, mages fighting things that shouldn't be, victims of mercurial eldritch beings, and witch hunters who are trying to sort through all of it without knowing half of the story, who wouldn't want to be a part of that? I'm absolutely enthralled with the idea of being a Changeling. Except... the powers are cool but how you receive them is decidedly not. But I can't just wish to be one, the mechanics have to be there and it'd be even more harrowing without a Freehold there to hopefully help you. And in order to that to work, it's best to just wish everything that comes with it.

It really is a terrible wish, completely selfish and dooming the rest of humanity (and the soon not-humanity) to an absolutely abysmal state of affairs. I'm sure the moral ramifications would seriously impact my Morality in the worst way.

• Brohoof 1

I'd wish that hurting others would never cause anyone any pleasure, and always instead evokes guilt and regret. I know that sounds kinda dark, but some people, for whatever reasons, don't have their feelings restraining them from wrong-doing or encouraging them to be good... at least this way, they can be happy without having to sacrifice someone else's happiness to achieve it. I don't know, I can see it doing a lot of good, without making life too uneventful like wishing for world peace could do. :)

• Brohoof 1

Well, if I couldn't wish that I could wish for more wishes and then have more wishes, I'd decide to be able to draw.

Nothing to big to ruin anything in the world, just the simple ability to be an artist.

It'd be a tough choice between curing me of all of my medical issues right here and now or going back to my life around a decade ago and living a life where I addressed them.

Soooo tough. Because I mean there's a chance I've already driven my life straight into the ground in the modern day either way. But there's also a chance that if I go back a decade, I'll find out that nothing could be done about my medical issues and I end up right back where I am right now.. Except for maybe living a more honest life.

Why am I giving this scenario so much thought? It's impossible.

Ah, what would I do if I had a wish...

I would probably start by wishing that I had been on duty at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant on the 26th of April, 1986...

I would then, using my knowledge of the RBMK style reactors, and the knowledge of the outcome of this unsafe experiment, prevent it from ever taking place... 

This would then lead to the USSR not going bankrupt, because they wouldn't need to immediately pour billions and billions of Rubles into containing the disaster...

The USSR would (hopefully) still exist in our modern world, albeit heavily reformed... 

The US couldn't run about doing whatever it wants all willy nilly... 

Pripyat would still be a lush and burgeoning city, and the world would not have an irrational fear of Nuclear Power...

This would, in effect, let the development of safer and more reliable Nuclear Power continue as it should have, slowly but surely making dirty power (coal, oil, natural gas ect..) obsolete...

But we can only dream...

I could either go the more self centered route and wish for something like a power for example, of I could wish for something that has a positive impact on the world and that would benefit everybody. In the moment I honestly can't say what I would wish for, I would have to decide then and there.

I'd wish for the ability to go into whatever fictional world, live as my OC and know that I'm living as my OC so I could leave at anytime.  Want to live in the Star Trek universe?  BE YOUR OC!!!  I think it would be really cool if I could live as one of my OCs in the Fallout universe and be an indestructible GOD OF THE WASTELANDS!!!

Edited by Thuja

I wish I could live/traverse in fictional worlds of my choosing. Like a video game, anime, or book. In these worlds I'd start out as my default self and keep my mind (consciousness).

My one wish involves profanity that I sha'll not be aloud to mention on here...

So my other one wish.....to make a living out of professional gaming...

(You can laugh now)

I would wish for a bank account with a million dollars in it that I can't access until I turn twenty one. It would only be for me and no one else could get into it except me when I turn twenty one.

Why twenty one? That's when I'm supposed to graduate from college and I can pay off those student loans ehehehe...

I'd ask for God-like powers so that I'd be immortal and be able to do literally anything. Sounds like a lot but if I can wish for anything, why not the power to make everything good. So no more wars or terrorism or murder or abuse, just a world where everything is good