Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media What are somethings that you love that everyone else hates

MilesW1998

(edited)

From what i have seen/read, this are the things i like, that people seem to hate :

- Everything after Silent Hill 3.

- Resident Evil Spinoffs.

- Sonic the Hedgehog Spinoffs.

- Worms Games in 3D.

- Eurodance.

- Gerry.

- Final Fantasy 13 and Dirge of Ceberus.

- Its a Bird...its a Plane...its Superman ! 1975 Abc Tv Movie based on the 1966 Musical.

- The Legend of Aang Live Action Film.

- Video Game Movie Adaptions in general.

- My Little Pony older Generations.

- Ghost Vibration - Ps 2 Game.

- Game Spinoffs in general.

- Having famous Voice Actors/Actors changed in franchises. ( I love change^^ I also love it it stays the same^^)

- Gaming Series/Movie Series/Cartoon Series shifting in Genre.

- Reaction Videos.

- Some Music of Justin Bieber.

- Some of Rainbowdash Mlps Troll Videos.

- Changing Artstyle in franchises.

- Having Media in franchises who tell their own Storys and not always have something directly to do with the overall Canon.

Yeah, i better stop now.  :lol:

Edited by Rex Ruthless

• 3 months later...

D&D. magic the gathering, Johannes Cabal, furry art, basically everything I like gets me weird looks at best from everyone else around my age. While the stuff they like- Twilight, 50 Shades, 420, rock climbing, snow boarding, etc. is all stuff *I* can't stand.

I can say Skyward Sword, too. I don't love it. I think it's a flawed game. But the Zelda fandom also hates it, when I thought it had some great concepts thrown in, and doesn't quite deserve the hate it gets. Criticism, yes, but not "This game was trash".

Haters: "Demise ruined Ganondorf's character!"

Well, if Link and Zelda are the reincarnations of gods, then it only really makes too much sense for him to be one as well.

That, and it doesn't really change the fact of his personal tragedy in Wind Waker; if anything, it actually makes him even more tragic for being consigned to someone else's eternal grudge on top of having said personal tragedy.

Edited by A.V.

• 1 month later...

The first bubsy game

Bubsy_in_Claws_Encounters_of_the_Furred_

I couldn't quite tell you why I like it, I think its because its unfairly difficult and I just really enjoy games like that

However even I hate bubsy 2 and bubsy 3d, those games are just bad

(edited)

I love Jar Jar Binks and the Ewoks. 

The Ewoks were very popular until it became a trend to diss them all the time. Cute and cuddly should not equate to 'uncool and therefore undeserving of acceptance'.

Jar Jar, had he come along in the original trilogy, would have been a big hit. It was a different world back then; not as cynical as it is now. Jar Jar has the great quality of innocence, and will forever be one of my favorites. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 3

*sigh*

Okay, confession time...

I...

I love...

... I love DISCO.

There. I said it.

Deal with it.

• Brohoof 2

Godzilla films. They're cheesy fun, though a few stand ahead of the pack as actually good films. Tokusatsu is a misunderstood art in the states, presumably because Godzilla vs Megalon of all films got tons of airplay (the cheesiness of the dubs probably didn't help either). The miniature buildings and such are beautifully sculpted to seamlessly blend real life with monster destruction, and some films, such as Mothra vs Godzilla or Godzilla vs Biollante, stand out as having amazing effects for their time. Godzilla 1998 and Godzilla Final Wars are probably the only two I don't like at least a little bit.

Musicals. I'd say more people dislike musicals than actually like them. I love them.

Not having a religion. At least in the US, religion is still very dominant.

The Lion Guard. I remember before it even premiered, almost everyone was like "How can Disney do this! Muh childhood, wahh wahh wahh!" I've liked it since the beginning, and honestly, I welcome a new addition to a franchise which had been dead for 10 years. It's refreshing to have something that actually respects the lore and world of The Lion King, after whatever the heck the Timon and Pumbaa show was. Though, I've heard TLG has been getting good ratings, so it may not be that hated.

I've always enjoyed maths. I remember having my dad write me out some equations when I was bored as a kid. I was an odd kid.

Britain's Got Talent always amuses me. I don't normally like reality shows like that but I find it quite entertaining. A lot of people just hate all reality TV full stop. You have to admit, this was fricking awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd40Sj7z06E

• Brohoof 1

A few new things would be, Superman 4 and Batman and Robin.

I really love those Movies.

And also Videogame Adaptations of all sorts, i liked every single one i watched. The only one i didnt like was Alone in the Dark 2.

Godzilla films. They're cheesy fun, though a few stand ahead of the pack as actually good films. Tokusatsu is a misunderstood art in the states, presumably because Godzilla vs Megalon of all films got tons of airplay (the cheesiness of the dubs probably didn't help either). The miniature buildings and such are beautifully sculpted to seamlessly blend real life with monster destruction, and some films, such as Mothra vs Godzilla or Godzilla vs Biollante, stand out as having amazing effects for their time. Godzilla 1998 and Godzilla Final Wars are probably the only two I don't like at least a little bit.

Musicals. I'd say more people dislike musicals than actually like them. I love them.

Not having a religion. At least in the US, religion is still very dominant.

The Lion Guard. I remember before it even premiered, almost everyone was like "How can Disney do this! Muh childhood, wahh wahh wahh!" I've liked it since the beginning, and honestly, I welcome a new addition to a franchise which had been dead for 10 years. It's refreshing to have something that actually respects the lore and world of The Lion King, after whatever the heck the Timon and Pumbaa show was. Though, I've heard TLG has been getting good ratings, so it may not be that hated.

OMG I love The Lion Guard!!!! It's such a fantastic show!!!

I would say for me My Little Pony, The Lion Guard, Splatoon, and reaction videos on YouTube.

(edited)

Star Trek: Voyager

I see hate for it everywhere, but I always liked it.

No one bother trying to tell me why you think it sucks either. I've heard it all at this point, and I don't care to hear any more.

Edited by Detritus

While I don'6t really care for the prequels in general, I do like Anakin's "Sand"  speech. That's some good cheese.

I also prefer Russel Crowe's portrayal of Javert over the traditional stage singing portrayal of the character.

Javert always struck me as a man working constantly to keep himself under control and Crowe's performance really brought that out for me.

General physics.

Screw physics!

Gravity has been dragging me down for all my life.

• 2 weeks later...

Amnesia: Machine for pigs. This game is amazing! Much better than Dark Descent. Beautiful and sad story with hidden depth  and music. But so many people said that this game isn't scary and rate it low  :(

The Star Wars prequels. They are terrible movies, but they have some redeeming qualities like awesome fight scenes and Ewan McGregor. They also introduce some great lore to the Star Wars universe.

Living in Southern California, I may be the only one who like bluegrass music. I also love Folk Punk, which can be an acquired taste. 

There are a few video games I like that everyone seems to hate. I liked Watch Dogs and I though Assassins Creed Unity wasn't that bad (once they patched the game breaking bugs) 

• Brohoof 1