Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So, does anyone who works on the show here on the forums?

wardomatic

There is nobody here that works on the show and i think if somebody did, i think they would be out of a job by now, because it's not allowed to get ideas from fans.

• Brohoof 5

Oh, absolutely - totally get that. However, I'm sure it's fine if they're lurking. ;)

Well that's something we probably will never know. :P

No, and I'm kinda glad they don't. I'd hate to see their reactions after seeing some of the garbage we say here

Haha. I'm sure they hear/read a lot worse on twitter, etc. as well. 

There is nobody here that works on the show and i think if somebody did, i think they would be out of a job by now, because it's not allowed to get ideas from fans.

I've been on a Simpsons forum where some writers did join. But they weren't stealing ideas from fans, they were just posting in Q&A threads.

I hope it will happen here too. :)

Edited by Blobulle

(edited)

I've been on a Simpsons forum where some writers did join. But they weren't stealing ideas from fans, they were just posting in Q&A threads.

I hope it will happen here too. :)

Right - I was a member of the Iron Giant Messageboard back when the movie was first released in 1999 (old man, I know) - and several artists who worked on the film were constant posters. They also did Q&A, etc. I loved it. It was great to see what went into making the movie, as well as hear from people who were in the know. I ate it up.

I know on Twitter, MLP director (Big) Jim Miller responds to questions about the show, as long as they aren't spoilery. 

Edited by wardomatic

Well that's something we probably will never know. :P

Unless, you're one of them yourself  :okiedokielokie: , or the OP  :sunbutt: , or me?  :huh:

Haha. I'm sure they hear/read a lot worse on twitter, etc. as well. 

Yeah, they do know clop exist  :smug:

• Brohoof 3

Unless, you're one of them yourself  :okiedokielokie: , or the OP  :sunbutt: , or me?  :huh:

:okiedokielokie: I'm keeping my eyes on this one  :okiedokielokie: 

• Brohoof 3

*looks at 100th episode*

*looks at what hypnosparkle wrote*

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..... 

*looks at 100th episode*

*looks at what hypnosparkle wrote*

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..... 

What does that prove? It was a little nudge to the fandom, so what?

we talk about ideas for stories, not fandom shoutouts.

that was more than just a LITTLE nudge - that showed some pretty extensive knowledge of the fandom...

I think they definitely lurk.. or have people they know who lurk or participate, and then relay things to them. That would be my guess..

Edited by Chronamut

that was more than just a LITTLE nudge - that showed some pretty extensive knowledge of the fandom...An

I think they definitely lurk.. or have people they know who lurk or participate, and then relay things to them. That would be my guess..

And like i said, it's not like they steal from fanfics to write their episodes. That would be the point where they would be fired.

well technically you can't steal from something when you are the one getting paid to write the episodes, not the fans writing the fanfics hehe..

I mean obv. they wouldn't take say an entire episode idea from someone.. but certain characters they can add as bg ponies into the series that might be a fans OC and then gradually give them a bigger role :)

or say.. make vinyl and octavia live in the same house, when someone I believe DID write a fanfiction about that.. just use elements here and there.

Edited by Chronamut

Someone who works on the show stalks me. My ideas and things I want keep getting in the show. Take Crusaders of the Lost Mark for example. So many things I wanted all in one episode, even things that aren't even related. One of my ideas, before Twilight Kingdom, was so similar to that episode. It wasn't exactly the same. Rarity Investigates is another! Rarity was a detective for another reason, but still. (that one, Rarity looks like she would be a good detective. So it doesn't count.) This happened on a few occasions. So either I think like someone who works on MLP, or they are spying on me. I won't sue or anything. It wasn't plagiarism or anything. It was just very similar. If I'm being spied on, I'm flattered. But it's most likely a coincidence. Then again, my sister wrote a song, and later, Hannah Montana sang a very similar song. (this was years ago, I can't remember the song. My sister thought Hannah Montana stole her song.)

So if someone is spying on me, they would go here. RARITY AND PINKIE PIE EPISODE PLEASE!

I'm pretty sure that these examples are all coincidental. I can't imagine writers stalking forums and/or blogs, Deviantart, etc. for ideas - and especially not if there's a chance for getting canned on the show. The stakes are way to high to risk that.

All the episodes are written well in advance before they're aired. We're talking a year - year and a half. 

well.. why not for fun, assume they ARE - because that's always the more fun option, and see what we can throw out there that maaAaAaAaY jsut end up in the show :P

scootaloo family backstory!

also exactly where the heck are all the other draconians..

• Brohoof 1