Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Ask Anypony On A Date

Octavia's Bow

Ladies and Gentlecolts! Welcome to the newest form of the Ask Anypony On a Date RP. This is one of your friendly mods, Dawnpath (Octavia's Bow), here to lay down some brick work for you to get started.

First off, this is not a traditional RP. In this RP, you will be applying as (non-cannon) character to date a cannon one. I, along with my co-mod Comet Tail, will formulate our responses based on the personality off the pony your chasing, and the context. 

Now, for teh rulez!

1) You must be using an original character. Please don't show up as Button Mash or Trixie. 

1a) Your personal OC/ponysona is welcome and prefered. We'd like you to have a bit of an emotional stake in this.

2) Be mindful of your English. I have been lax on this in the past, but from here on out I will be expecting a certain level of literal integrity. It won't be overly high, and I'm not about to kick someone from the rp because they accidentally submitted aorry (sorry) or put a comma in place of a period or something. But if I cannot read your post, or I have to guess what you mean about something, we are going to have a chat about it. And if it continues...

... you're not gunna have a good time.

3) The ability to fail is very real.

4) Competition is a very real thing and will now be implemented. As such, I will no longer respond to questions of 'who's free'. However, if over the course of your time here you end up with someone who was not the entity you were originally going for, than that's that. THAT SAID, if a relationship is very much so established, I WILL MARK IT ON THE FRONT PAGE. Note that long periods of inactivity from a user will reset that.

5)I need your OC page to figure out the limitations of your character. And because it's a forums rule. But for the purposes of the roleplay, I will take it as you personally talking to whomever. I will treat it that way. As a former ask-er, I would say it garners the best response for you to also ACT that way. Dawny's tip of the trade.

6) All ponies in this roleplay will be the age of consent. This is my decision. The reason for this: this page is a dating RP, not a life sim or a playground sim. While it can be argued that people date in primary school, they aren't the relationships I'm looking for. Also, it makes us as mods uncomfortable. So, instead we will age the under-aged ponies up. I'm sorry if this angers you. 

Joining Rules:
1) I need an OC Form, in the style of this website. If you don't know how to do that, I will gladly find you a link to the Character Page Creator and help you.

2) I will need it stated here, in this OOC, which pony you would like to date.

3) You need confirmation FROM ME OR COMET before posting in the RP page.

Read all that? Here's the RP Link: https://mlpforums.com/topic/140846-ask-any-pony-on-a-date-mod-set-30/

Established Dates:
(N/A at the moment)

Roleplayers and their Bodies

I will update out of planning when I have time to make the RP. Also, Comet may want to make some changes. In the mean time, feel free to sign up.

Edited by Octavia's Bow
  • Brohoof 5

Alrighty, well, since this is kinda a fresh start, I guess I will, too.

I'll go with Paradox, whose link is in my signature, and I'll have him go after... Marble Pie. Yeah, I know I always go for Octy, but I wanna do something different, so I'll go for Marble.

It's okay. Do whatchu want you. Also... where did you find time to immediately react to this?

I'll just go for Dox and Marble. For now.

And i was just in the right place at the right time, I suppose. XD

So i need to submit my OC and a cannon character i want to date? But who wil play as the cannon character?

Either I will, or Comet will. This originated as an Ask blog, however the moderators thought it would better fit into the RP category. That said, it still operates on the ask system. You post, we reply. It'll be a big bulk post.

• Brohoof 1

How does this work? I don't understand it.

Well, you sign up. Then, after a short approval process, you ask a pony out on a date. The mods (Comet and I) will reply to your post and, f things go well, you date. ^.^

So wait, if we already signed up before, do we need to do so again?

Unfortunately yes. I'm going to need to grab all the character sheets and put them into an easier-to-access place. IE the front page. Sorry Steel. Bt no worries, Comet will still be goin' where you loft off.

• Brohoof 1

Unfortunately yes. I'm going to need to grab all the character sheets and put them into an easier-to-access place. IE the front page. Sorry Steel. Bt no worries, Comet will still be goin' where you loft off.

Does this mean that basically everything's reset? I know you said you would not answer "who's available" anymore but is it basically anypony as of now? 

Does this mean that basically everything's reset? I know you said you would not answer "who's available" anymore but is it basically anypony as of now? 

In my head, this is really just a transition to the new page. I have all the replies saved on a g-doc waiting to be replied to when I finally get this refiling sorted out. But if you would like to start over then that is indeed the answer.

• Brohoof 1

In my head, this is really just a transition to the new page. I have all the replies saved on a g-doc waiting to be replied to when I finally get this refiling sorted out. But if you would like to start over then that is indeed the answer.

No it's fine. If Rarity and Fluttershy are both still spoken for, I'll stick to Treehugger.

To all of this:

79nFT1J.png

Don't want to seem like a meanie crack-down, but by making things more difficult, introducing the ability to fail, etc., we're effectively "raising the bar." This means you can, some ponies will, fail. But this also means that you have a new, higher standard to reach, and in doing so, improve yourself, and it also means that success is actually rewarding and meaningful, as opposed to a free handout.

Sure, you can get a gold sticker for trying, but we don't want gold stickers, we want medals and trophies - those only come when the stakes are real.

Huh, perhaps I should've made this seal of approval more Patton-themed... Ohwell, bond theme is done.

Got a suit, anyways... Need to update my avatar here with that...

Addendum:

Anyways; I'm just going to go ahead and throw in two cents: be thoughtful. Don't make it about yourself, be selfless and love your date. Don't love the feeling of loving them, love them. A little thoughtfulness and genuine concern for the other will go a long way. Even if you bumble around and fail, the difference in-between a 1. endearing dork and a 2. creep is whether your intention is 1. genuine concern for them, or 2. if you're just in it to pleasure yourself off of them (and that has meanings before "dirty" ones. Even something as simple as a hug: are you hugging them to satisfy your own desires, or just out of a desire to show affection to them, and make them feel better/loved? Do you pick the conversation topic to try to entertain yourself, or aggrandize yourself, or to entertain them, and genuinely learn about eachother? Stuff like that. General theme: selflessness vs. selfishness. Sure, you can't be so selfless you starve yourself, but how often does that happen? Selfishness and pride are almost always the issues, not selflessness.).

Edited by Comet Tail
  • Brohoof 2

I should put this into the front page...

I am personally fine with same sex relationships and will right your replies. ^.^

Further, I think Shammy will be a wonderful addition to the roleplay.

I'm very new to this site and am in the process of creating my OC page.  That said, since I don't want to miss out in the interim, I'm using my character Script Dangles and am planning on courting Miss Cheerilee (assuming she's not already spoken for).

If I've done anything wrong here, please feel free to delete this post / ignore me.  Like I said, I'm new.  :)