Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The. Two Best and Worst Ponies to Take on a Roadtrip?

Attack of the Pwns

like the title says, what two ponies would you most want to go on a roadtrip with? This shouldn't be about your favorite ponies, but rather the ponies that you feel would make the best companions for the trip.

Also, two worst? Again, based not on personal preference, but on how well they would cope with the journey.

Best: Twilight and Applejack. Whilst not my favorite ponies, these two would do incredibly well on a roadtrip for a few reasons. The fact that they are the most level-headed two out of the mane six would mean that important information, like directions, would be able to be relayed for me in precise, no-nonsense ways. At the same time, because they are two of the most stressed ponies on the show, I can imagine that they would appreciate the opportunity to relax and enjoy the trip, regardless of what was planned along the way. Finally, I could imagine that both of them have a little experience tinkering with machinery, so if something went wrong with the car, I'm sure they wouldn't mind lending a hoof, and might even be able to get you back on the road.

Worst: Rainbow Dash and Rarity. This depends a lot on where you are headed, however, because if you were headed to, say, an air show and a succession of high-end boutiques, and doing it in a fairly modern and quick car, I'm sure all would end well. But, me being a car guy, I'm trying to think of a more Hot Rod Powertour-type scenario of taking an old car halfway across the country. An old car that probably doesn't have Air Conditioning, and that would probably break if you pushed it too hard. I think you can probably see where this is going. Rainbow would most likely spend the trip commenting on how slow we're traveling and sleeping. Also, not sure how well she would do having to wait on the planned lunch and dinner stops after seeing her impatience to get lunch in The One Where Pinkie Knows. Rarity, while probably a decent navigator, would get very uncomfortable riding in a hot car witht the windows down staying in low-cost motels, and eating processed red meat and deep fried potato products the whole way. So, whilst they would still probably make it to their destination in good shape, they probably wouldn't enjoy the trip as much. Although, I'd jump at the chance to take any pony on a roadtrip, even these two.

So, how about you guys? Who would you think would do the best, who would do the worst?

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, well for best ponies to take on a road trip I'd choose Pinkie Pie and Princess Celestia.  Pinkie is just a fun person to have around.  She could make a tax audit enjoyable with her upbeat personality and friendly banter.  Celestia could probably use a vacation and she'd be pleasant company to have along for the ride.  Plus, being a princess, she would probably get us first class accommodations wherever we went and then pay for it all out of her royal treasury.  

But most importantly, Pinkie and Sunbutt seem like the sorts who don't let bad behavior make them angry.  That's a pretty big factor since I'm kind of a jerk in person.  So, to that end, I'd need a couple of ornery sorts to back me up.  For worst ponies to take on a road trip, I wouldn't even choose ponies.  I'm going with Cranky Doodle Donkey and Gilda Gryphon.  Cranky would agree with all of my complaints and Gilda would be there to laugh at my cynical comments.

• Brohoof 1

Two Best and Worst? That is a random number a bit but I shall go with that! 

Two best: Twilight and Pinkie Pie/Button Mash, those last two can be interchangeable. Twilight would be awesome because, well, best pony and best princess for sure, BUT, she is also incredibly smart as we all know so she would know what to do in many situations. She is incredibly reliable. ^__^ Pinkie, she would be wonderful for entertainment and as a pony to talk to. He antics of hyperness would be very fun. :3 Button would be another great one to talk to, considering we both love video games, that is a given.

Two worst: Rarity and Rainbow Dash. This was a pretty easy choice. While there are other non-mane 6 candidates, these two, I would not be able to get along with fully if we were on a roadtrip. I love Rarity's love for fashion, but I know little about that subject and plus this make her overly paranoid about some things, when I am already paranoid about many other things. Bad combo. XD Rainbow, she would be too adventurous. I am not the adventurous type and I would never be able to keep up with her. IT would get tiring and potentially dangerous. :P

• Brohoof 1

Best: Twilight Sparkle and Applejack. They are both (typically) calmer and can probably stand being in a car for quite a bit. I can also see Twilight knowing all the good spots to stop by, and Applejack would be able to get us out of any danger.

Worst: Pinkie Pie and Rarity. Pinkie would not do well being forced to sit down for hours on end, and we wouldn't have room for all of Rarity's wardrobe changes and fancy schmancy stuff. They'd also both be expensive travellers, with Pinkie;'s sugar addiction and Rarity's need to buy everything fabulous. Not a good idea.

• Brohoof 1

If Pinkie would get impatient on a road trip, she'd be one of the worst to have along.

If she could be patient though, she'd be fun to talk to and play games with on the way.

• Brohoof 1

I think having Discord and Fluttershy would be two of the best. Discord because he'd make things exciting, and Fluttershy because not only is she nice and seem pleasant to talk to, she'll keep Discord in line.

The two worst? The Yak prince and Spoiled Rich. 'Nuff said.

Edited by Glike
  • Brohoof 1

Best Road Trip Buddies: Flim and Flam. With these two salesponies by my side, we would always have money for the trip since they'd find plenty of suckers customers on the way to peddle wares to, not to mention they wouldn't mind sleeping in motels or in the car since they're basically hobos vagabonds. Even better, we'd be taking a trip to Las Vegas anyway so they'd come in handy when we're counting cards and cashing in chips.

Worst Road Trip Buddies: Fluttershy and Rarity. Fluttershy because she would have a heart attack every time I accidentally ran over a possum. Rarity because she'd want to stop at every boutique, dress store, and shopping mall we pass by. Not to mention she'd make me carry all of her luggage and bags.

• Brohoof 2

The two best would be Twilight and Applejack. They'll probably be normal.

The two worst would  probably be Pinkie and Rainbow Dash.

Pinkie would probably get bored pretty fast and just keep talking. Rainbow Dash would probably get bored/antsy and grumpy from inactivity and listening to Pinkie's nonstop jabbering.

Two things could happen:

Eventually Rainbow will settle down. She'll have her head pressed against the window, blankly staring out of it, drooling and periodically mindlessly saying "uh huh" to Pinkie's rambling.

OR

Rainbow Dash will have enough and refuse to get back in the car at a stop and just fly above the car for the duration of the trip. :lol:

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

Best: Discord and Rainbow Dash. You've got Dash to get help if anything goes wrong, and Discord for his entertainment value! Not to mention, a road trip with Discord is one you'll not be forgetting any time soon.

Worst: Discord and Silver Spoon. Since diamond Tiara is reformed now, Silver Spoon is probably still a brat... And Discord is, well... Discord. I know he's also one of the best, but I'll say the same thing I did last time for him... but in a different light: A road trip with Discord is one you'll not be forgetting any time soon.

Best two would be Twilight and Spike (even though I don't like Spike that much) - they already live together, so there wouldn't be any trouble there, and I think that Twilight is a good conversationalist (maybe give Spike a pile of comics to keep him quiet.) 

Worst two would be Trixie and Applejack. Trixie could be entertaining by herself, but I can't see her and Applejack every getting on (or even just being quiet) - Applejack dislikes Trixie's show-off nature and is too 'honest' to keep it to herself, whilst Trixie is far too pompous and self-important to keep quiet - especially about her disdain for others.

The best ponies for a road trip would be Lulu and Celly(Pinkie almost jumping in). Why? Well, first of all, if I'm thinking on their side, they would be able to loosen up and release a ton of stress from ruling! Well, atleast Celly, anyway, what with straight up ruling for a whooe millenium, non-stop, and feeling horrible the entire time due to locking her own sister away in the moon for that time. I'm sure she would appreciate a little time off with her little sister! And as for why she would be good on a roadtrip, is because she would atleast keep some sort of levelhead and stop insanity from happening. I also imagine that she becomes quite fun and "crazy" when she lets loose all of that stress, and has no worries to think about.

As for Luna, I'm sure that she would just love to spend some time with her sister on a roadtrip. I imagine that Lulu is really playful when not burdened by the needs of society, and has to act regal and all that stuff. She would be the one to annoy Celly in the best way possible, and sing those songs for hours. "Ninety nine buckets of apples on the wall, take one down, pass it around, 98 buckets of apples on the wall...

Some sisterly bonding is just what they need...

Now, onto worst ponies to take on a road trip would probably be Fluttershy and Trixie. Like someone stated above, Fluttershy would be scared of absolutely everything that would happen. I feel like she would jump every time they rode over a bump in the road. Nothings too much fun if someone is cowering the entire way.

And Trixe would complain and boast. Complain that whatever they are doing is not worthy of The Great And Powerful Trixie, and she would boast that she's better than everyone there, amd that they should do her bidding. Not too much fun there, either.

Edited by Horse Reaper Bradley

Worst would probably be Pinkie. ONE MILLION BOTTLES OF CIDER ON THE WAAAAAALLLLLL!!! Dear lord, no.

And as much as I love Rainvow she'd be terrible at staying in a small enclosed space like a car for that long, even with frequent stops. She'd probably get just as fed up with Pinkie's singing, too

Best would probably be Daring Do, since the chances of getting in at least one epic car chase at some point would be pretty high, given how many enemies she's probably made. Also because Adventure Horse is best horse and I'm terrible at avoiding favoritism.

Sunset would probably be a good choice too, given how knowledgeable she is she could provide all sorts of fun. And, again, because I'm terrible at avoiding favoritism.

Edited by ArDee

Only two?

BEST:

1) Applejack (she is usually calm, she is very "practical", and can be helpful for any problems)

2) Big Mac (for the same reasons of Applejack and also because he is a guy of few words, a bit like me)

WORST:

1) Pinkie Pie (she's too extroverted, too talkative,she might annoy me)

2) Rainbow Dash (she is too adventurous and tends to get bored easily)