Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What could be the Species of Cadence's Child/en

Mentis Soliloquy

Hey all 10 days is a long time at sea. Now i'm back here is my question of the week:

considering that Cadence is an Alicorn (former Pegasus) what could be the potential species of the Child/en? Dose alicorn effect the mix, and if it dose could this be the answer to how immortal Alicorns are created eg, Luna & Celestia (or are these two something else).

Or

It's does not affect the mix so is the likely child/en to be Unicorn & Pegasus the most likely and Earth Pony as the off chance?

Give me your thoughts people as I have no clue towards the most plausible answer and as ever there should be a vid up on next Monday as usual.

Update as of 31/10/15: happy nightmare night and the vid I have promised may take till wednesday, instead of mon (for those who are concerned)

Update as of 3/11/15: here is the vid on this subject enjoy!

Edited by EmeraldBolt/Sapphire

Pony Genetics make no sense. No pure-bred Earth ponies (The Cakes) had a unicorn and a Pegasi as children. And even if you believe that Mr.s Cake cheated on her husband, she's still a purebred Earthpony, which gives her a 50% chance of having Earth pony children.

So i don't think we can predict Cadence's Children's Species.

• Brohoof 1

one would think that an alicorn could be broken down into a pegasus, a unicorn or an earth pony. Or it could be the genetics of what cadence originally was that takes precedence.

Isn't blueblood a very distant descendent of princess celestia? If so that would make him a unicorn descendent of alicorn blood. The question becomes.. are any alicorns natural, or are they all "made"?

Or maybe like someone said before maybe they just magic the baby into existence.. kids don't need to know how babies are formed.. or maybe the stork decides :P

It isn't covered in the shows but in one of the official books (ICR which one) Cadence was originally a Pegasus orphan who ascended to Alicorn status after beating an evil witch.  So, you've got a Unicorn/Pegasus cross.  Plus, as Baby Cakes clearly shows even one ancestor anywhere on either side of the family tree is enough to shift the pony progeny's race.  In short, anything goes.

If the baby is Skyla, she is what a white Pegasus? (wasn't really paying attention & I'm too shiftless & inept to look it up)

It's great to see all the comments people.

However I would rather focus on the first of my questions:

"considering that Cadence is an Alicorn (former Pegasus) what could be the potential species of the Child/en? Dose alicorn effect the mix, and if it dose could this be the answer to how immortal Alicorns are created eg, Luna & Celestia (or are these two something else)."

although feel free to continue on either questions (or both).

• Brohoof 1

It's great to see all the comments people.

However I would rather focus on the first of my questions:

"considering that Cadence is an Alicorn (former Pegasus) what could be the potential species of the Child/en? Dose alicorn effect the mix, and if it dose could this be the answer to how immortal Alicorns are created eg, Luna & Celestia (or are these two something else)."

although feel free to continue on either questions (or both).

without knowing for sure how celestia and luna became alicorns, or if they always were, I don't think this is an answer we can ever concretely settle on one way or another.

I remember reading a story that there was once an entire race of alicorns and dischord simply killed them all,.. but of course.. not canon.

Edited by Chronamut

without knowing for sure how celestia and luna became alicorns, or if they always were, I don't think this is an answer we can ever concretely settle on one way or another.

...yes and i know but it could be "the answer"

If celestia and luna's parents were in a similar position all that time ago It may be the reason we have celestia and luna like they are today.

• Brohoof 1

what seems to be hinted at is that alicorn status is like a spiritual evolution - it has to be earned. Even luna and celestias flowing manes only came with time, as did the alterations in their manes appearance - celestias becoming blue and green as well as pink, and lunas reflecting the night sky in a gossamer semi-transparent way.

Edited by Chronamut

If it is going to be Skyla than an alicorn is more than likely, but if it something else than I suppose the other races are fair game as well. There is not enough info to say one way or the other.

However I think the gender and race is going to be decided by marketing as Hasbro wants to sell as much toys as possible.

Edited by UnknownFry
  • Brohoof 1

I bet this is where Skyla will actually show up.

Yeah, I think the Skyla newborn toy was released shortly after Canterlot Wedding. That can't be a coincidence  :okiedokielokie: . I just don;t expect her to be the same color scheme nor a Sweetie Belle palette swap with wings   :lol: . Well, Celly and Luna were alicorn-born, but that's because they were born in an alicorn settlement that moved away from Canterlot at an unknown time, but we don't know any  ponies born from non alicorn-born ponies like Cadance and Twi, so, for now, I'll take as likely that Skyla (assuming she'll be the foal at last), will be born as an alicorn than not  -_-

Yeah, I think the Skyla newborn toy was released shortly after Canterlot Wedding. That can't be a coincidence  :okiedokielokie: . I just don;t expect her to be the same color scheme nor a Sweetie Belle palette swap with wings   :lol: . Well, Celly and Luna were alicorn-born, but that's because they were born in an alicorn settlement that moved away from Canterlot at an unknown time, but we don't know any  ponies born from non alicorn-born ponies like Cadance and Twi, so, for now, I'll take as likely that Skyla (assuming she'll be the foal at last), will be born as an alicorn than not  -_-

is that story canon? I always wonder about the "origin" stories..

The Cakes notwithstanding, most ponies seem to be the same type as their parents, or at least one of their parents, so I'd say either Unicorn or Pegasus is a possibility. Whether Hasbro goes overboard and demands the baby be an alicorn, that's another thing altogether.

is that story canon? I always wonder about the "origin" stories..

Apart of the Skyla stuff, what I wrote was taken from the Journal of Two Sisters book, and it canon indeed 

• Brohoof 1