Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What could be the Species of Cadence's Child/en

Mentis Soliloquy

(edited)

So you're saying she was raped by a Changeling?

just saying you should watch your language there are younger persons on here, but on your note I don't believe that queen chrysalis is a hermaphrodite. 

Edited by EmeraldBolt/Sapphire

just saying you should watch your language there are younger persons on here, but on your note I don't believe that queen chrysalis is a hermaphrodite. 

I'm aware that younger people are on this site but I'm fairly certain that most of us are familiar with the concept. To rid of any misunderstanding, Potatoes's post would imply that she left Cadance to be raped by male changelings, not that Chrysalis would be doing it herself unless actually in fact hermaphrodite which I doubt. That being said, I doubt that would actually be the case and chances are Potatoes wasn't being serious in that post. Besides, while such a child may be half changeling, there's no guarantee that that child would actually become alicorn as neither Cake children are earth ponies.

I won't argue with that, just trying to avoid any admins doing anything (I guess), unless the word "rape" is fine in that case I withdraw my prior comment. 

just saying you should watch your language there are younger persons on here

I won't argue with that, just trying to avoid any admins doing anything (I guess), unless the word "rape" is fine in that case I withdraw my prior comment. 

I'm not particularly concerned. Unless I'm mistaken, mentioning sex or killing is fine as long as not too much detail is provided beyond that.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

it's great to see all the points of view on my question and with and few more ideas/posts (hopefully) I should have enough content for my vid keep up the great work all and here are the questions again if you missed them.

"considering that Cadence is an Alicorn (former Pegasus) what could be the potential species of the Child/en? Dose alicorn effect the mix, and if it dose could this be the answer to how immortal Alicorns are created eg, Luna & Celestia (or are these two something else).

Or

It's does not affect the mix so is the likely child/en to be Unicorn & Pegasus the most likely and Earth Pony as the off chance?"

and I won't "Bump" this again (if this counts as a bump) but I think more ideas (just a few) are needed  :dash:

Edited by EmeraldBolt/Sapphire

considering that Cadence is an Alicorn (former Pegasus) what could be the potential species of the Child/en? Dose alicorn effect the mix, and if it dose could this be the answer to how immortal Alicorns are created eg, Luna & Celestia (or are these two something else).

Technically a species is described as a large group of organisms that can reproduce with one another, so they would all be ponies. As for whether they're alicorns, unicorns, pegasi, or earth ponies depends on Cadance and Shining's genetic makeup.

Pony Genetics make no sense. No pure-bred Earth ponies (The Cakes) had a unicorn and a Pegasi as children. And even if you believe that Mr.s Cake cheated on her husband, she's still a purebred Earthpony, which gives her a 50% chance of having Earth pony children.

The most likely indicator of what breed of pony a foal is lies in genetics. So really, depending on how their family tree looks, it might be perfectly plausible (though improbable) that recessive genes would lead to unicorn and pegasi foals.

Hopefully anything BUT an Alicorn. She could be a crab-pony for all I care as long as she is not born as an Alicorn. The reason for this is because it would make no sense. Luna and Celestia are currently the only Alicorns that we know that were born as Aicorns, but they are also special cases where they seem to be demigods that are also immortal, at least from a time standpoint. Twilight and Cadence are not in this category. They are ponies that had to earn the right to be an Alicorn princess and so, if the child is born as an Alicorn, it will throw that entire concept out the window. Would that irritate me? Oh yes it would. Unless she for some reason would fall under that special Luna/Celestia category, which would need some pretty good explaining to convince me why that is a thing.

• Brohoof 3

Just have Cadence give birth to four kids. One is an alicorn, another is a unicorn, the third is a pegasus, and the last one will be an earth pony.

ponies aren't puppies - you don't just have a litter of ponies

Hopefully anything BUT an Alicorn. She could be a crab-pony for all I care as long as she is not born as an Alicorn. The reason for this is because it would make no sense. Luna and Celestia are currently the only Alicorns that we know that were born as Aicorns, but they are also special cases where they seem to be demigods that are also immortal, at least from a time standpoint. Twilight and Cadence are not in this category. They are ponies that had to earn the right to be an Alicorn princess and so, if the child is born as an Alicorn, it will throw that entire concept out the window. Would that irritate me? Oh yes it would. Unless she for some reason would fall under that special Luna/Celestia category, which would need some pretty good explaining to convince me why that is a thing.

perhaps it's liek dragonball z - goku and vegeta had to earn the super saiyan, but their kids could pretty much do it no problem.

perhaps it's liek dragonball z - goku and vegeta had to earn the super saiyan, but their kids could pretty much do it no problem.

I think the reason for that is because they were half human, which for some reason that mixed with Saiyan is very powerful I guess. With this, if she is born as an Alicorn, that to me will just be "Look! More toys to sell! : D" It would be too blatant. 

I think the reason for that is because they were half human, which for some reason that mixed with Saiyan is very powerful I guess. With this, if she is born as an Alicorn, that to me will just be "Look! More toys to sell! : D" It would be too blatant. 

yes because other decisions by hasbro weren't blatant at all.. nooo :P

in the end, it's still a show directed at little girls, and is aimed to make money - I don't think hasbro cares really what the older fan audience thinks of ANY of their decisions, as long as those parents still buy those toys for their kids.

Edited by Chronamut

yes because other decisions by hasbro weren't blatant at all.. nooo :P

Some were, yes. Many think that Twilight being a princess being is one of those but we had more than a two year build up to that, so that to me works out better. Then there is the Castle, but that also makes sense. So far, many of these toyish decisions have worked iwthin the owrld and story of FiM, for the most part. If Shinadence is born as an Alicorn, that will actively go against something we have so far learned form the show, that Twilight and Cadence had to earn that right.

yes but NOWHERE do we get to witness ANY alicorn children - luna and celestia don't have any, twilight doesn't, and cadence is the first.. so really they can justify it any way they want due to the lack of supporting evidence of anything to the contrary.

Who is to say that luna and celestia weren't NOT born alicorns, even though they came from an alicorn community? Maybe they ALL had to earn their wings at a certain age?

Maybe all alicorns simply have the blood of a pony who BECAME an alicorn somewhere in their blood?

Edited by Chronamut

Craaaaaaaaaaab ponies, craaaaaaaaaaab ponies...

That's an interesting question. Considering that Princess Cadence started out as a Pegasus, Shining Armor is a Unicorn, and now Cadence is both. I guess it would be any of them really? Well, more 50/50 between Unicorn and Pegasus. I mean, I just don't see them having an Earth Pony. But it would be an interesting twist, wouldn't it? c:

yes but NOWHERE do we get to witness ANY alicorn children - luna and celestia don't have any, twilight doesn't, and cadence is the first.. so really they can justify it any way they want due to the lack of supporting evidence of anything to the contrary.

Who is to say that luna and celestia weren't NOT born alicorns, even though they came from an alicorn community? Maybe they ALL had to earn their wings at a certain age?

Maybe all alicorns simply have the blood of a pony who BECAME an alicorn somewhere in their blood?

That is what I'm thinking this may be the chance to explain how it works.

Cadance's child will probably be a female alicorn for the purpose of selling toys to the target audience, regardless of the fact that Cadance was born a pegasus, and Shining Armor a unicorn.