Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Strange food you have had or would like to try.

I_wesley125

So today I had some haggis for the first time, I must admit it was very good and it got me thinking, what are some strange foods you have had in the past or would like to try?

Edited by Rainbow--Dash

nsfw

I had dog meat (Scottish Terrier) before, there were way too much spice on it, and the meat was so dry because of that, so no I didn't exactly like it.

I eat a lot of things one may consider odd, depending on who they are. Lamb thyroid glands, cow stomach lining, lamb hearts, all things that I am confused as to why people find weird. The unfortunately named "faggots" are very nice too. Crocodile and snake are good as well.

Edited by Swordfishtrombone

The family I live with seems to find shredded cheese on spaghetti weird...

...but I've been way too scared to try anything "abnormal".

Edit: I guess Calamari's a bit odd? I dunno, but I like that stuff xD

Edited by Flitter

aaaaa i guess the grossest food I ever had was blood sausage. It's pretty good as long as you don't think about it too hard.

My best friend loves hearts and gizzards and stuff like that, though. I tried a heart once, but I couldn't get it down. It was way too chewy.

Turtles are okay.

Snake was...eh.

Dog was bloody revolting.

Oh, and also ants. They taste like...vinegar potato chips.

Edited by Aureity
  • Brohoof 2

I never really had strange food before, although my Dad was made to eat Rocky Mountain Oysters one time. :blink:

I don't eat meat besides fish so it's hard for me to eat "gross" stuff.

I've had swordfish before, if that counts. Then I felt bad about it after :(

I've had dried seaweed before (if i remember right). It tasted really fishy... I've also had fried chicken heart and gizzard. I know, none of that's particularly weird but i think that's the most 'out-there' type of food i've had. Wouldn't mind trying crocodile though.

Worst thing I ever ate was foie gras. I say this not because of the taste (it was delicious!) but because later on I found out what foie gras really was - a product of animal cruelty. Foie gras is in essence the diseased liver of a duck or a goose that has been force-fed. This usually involves sticking a tube down its throat. Needless to say, I will never eat foie gras again. No taste is worth the suffering of an animal in my opinion.

Anything and everything. Andrew Zimmern ain't got nothin' on me!

Sadly though, the oddest thing that I can get my hands on in a state where gator is "exotic food" is the normal stuff that make people give a second thought to trying. Gator, Squid, Octopus, Innards. (I did eat crickets and meal worms while I lived in FL though. :) )

Seriously though, give it to me and I WILL eat it.

I want to try this very much

BACON WEAVE!

Posted Image

I've had it before... not that weird, but maybe that's because it's just bacon...

Huitlacoche better known as corn smut. I do realize it look like something a dog would of thrown up but do you know that it's as edible as any other mushroom, now if only people could get past its looks.