Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff q+a ChikoritaBrony Q&A

Simon

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIt's Wednesday :D

Before I get started with the normal routine, you may have noticed we did not run a fandom Q&A this month.  Unfortunately due to some plans falling through, we had to cancel this month's planned fandom Q&A, but no need to worry, we have an awesome guest lined up for next month, so keep an eye open for an announcement about our November Fandom Q&A in the coming weeks. :D

Sad news aside, let's get on with interrogating chatting with this week's Staff Q&A guest, ChikoritaBrony.  In addition to being an active and long-term member of MLP Forums, Chikorita is on the Poniverse Newsletter staff as a writer!  So toss all your questions for Chikorita below :squee:

First question:

What has been your favorite article/interview in the newsletter?

• Brohoof 5

Hello ChikoritaBrony! It's awesome to have you do a Q&A.

I have two questions. Firstly, why is Chikorita your favourite Pokémon? And secondly, what other Pokémon do you like outside of Chikorita?

• Brohoof 2

What was it like working as a writer for the newsletter?

What was the most challenging article you had to write and why?

• Brohoof 2

Lightwing vs Chikorita in a shipping battle. Who wins? 

Why do you like Pinkie Pie so much? 

How and when did you get involved with the forums?

How was your first time here? 

• Brohoof 2

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIt's Wednesday :D

Before I get started with the normal routine, you may have noticed we did not run a fandom Q&A this month.  Unfortunately due to some plans falling through, we had to cancel this month's planned fandom Q&A, but no need to worry, we have an awesome guest lined up for next month, so keep an eye open for an announcement about our November Fandom Q&A in the coming weeks. :D

Sad news aside, let's get on with interrogating chatting with this week's Staff Q&A guest, ChikoritaBrony.  In addition to being an active and long-term member of MLP Forums, Chikorita is on the Poniverse Newsletter staff as a writer!  So toss all your questions for Chikorita below :squee:

First question:

What has been your favorite article/interview in the newsletter?

Actually it was one that was never posted. It was on Conventions and I wanted it during the one talking about BABScon but I think I must have forgot to submit it.

Hello ChikoritaBrony! It's awesome to have you do a Q&A.

I have two questions. Firstly, why is Chikorita your favourite Pokémon? And secondly, what other Pokémon do you like outside of Chikorita?

Chikorita is my favorite Pokemon mostly from the anime. In it, Ash at one point caught a Chikorita that had such a badass personality. It had a crush on Ash leading to hilarious moments and episodes, and in its first episode, tried to awesomely stand up to Charizard and somewhat took it out. This is what I mean when I say the Pokemon in the anime have more personality than the people by the way. As for other favorite Pokemon, I made a Top 10 Favorite Pokemon blog a while back but since I'm too lazy to dig it up right now, my second two favorites are Manectric and Absol.

What was it like working as a writer for the newsletter?

What was the most challenging article you had to write and why?

It gives you a lot of creative freedom. Your deadline is pretty much before the newsletter gets posted giving you about a few weeks to a month to write an article. I personally try to make my article related to an overall theme of the newsletter if there is one. As for the most challenging article, the World of MLPF one because that was my first article and it was challenging being new to the whole thing.

What would be your tip for aspiring writer's :)

What's your favourite food.

:D

Just write what you're comfortable with writing. My current series, Magic Tricks is a zany comedy with a little bit of heartwarming moments because that's what I've been comfortable writing for most of my life. Oh, and my favorite foods are pizza and Cheez-its.

Lightwing vs Chikorita in a shipping battle. Who wins? 

Why do you like Pinkie Pie so much? 

How and when did you get involved with the forums?

How was your first time here? 

Clearly it's the Battleship that wins that one.

For why I like Pinkie Pie, this ancient blog goes into depth.

I got involved in the forums in April/May of 2012 around when I first got into the show. I googled a forum and found this.

I wasn't active at all during then having a completely undefined name and only posted in show discussion.

• Brohoof 2

This is might be personal but it's q&a so, do you still live with your mom and dad? Do you care about them like family should? Do you like to be on this site for as long as the show lives?

• Brohoof 1

This is might be personal but it's q&a so, do you still live with your mom and dad? Do you care about them like family should? Do you like to be on this site for as long as the show lives?

Yes. Technically my mom and my Step Dad though.

Yeah, though I'm not good at showing emotion to them.

Sure, it gives so many things to discuss.

Another question I almost forgot also personal. Do you ever bond with your family and your real life friends sometimes?

Of coarse I do. I'm close to my family and friends as much as most people are.

Hello Chikorita! Here is my question!

What has been your favourite moment on the forums?

I don't think I can say I have a particular favorite moment. I've been here for over 3 years, so I can't remember everything that's happened. There were some moments in 2014 however where it seemed to be all about who your favorite pony is. So that lead to everyone showing off the good qualities of the character including me for Pinkie.

Got no puns this week to start off my questions D:

But I'm sure I'll come up with one next week.

• PC or Mac or Liniux?
  • Best OTP in FiM?
  • And Best OTP in EG?
  • What are your favourite type of ships?
  • (Container ships, yacht, canoe, cruise ship, battleship?)
  • Best pony?
  • How have you been going, well? ^_^
  • Do you have a favourite episode?
  • Brohoof 1

How are you liking Season 5 of MLP so far?

Also, how did you get a Q&A?

I'm enjoying it so far. Can't tell if it's my favoirte just yet but it is up to standards as far as good seasons go.

Also, it's a staff thing for how I got a Q&A but staff will request members for them.

• Brohoof 1

Got no puns this week to start off my questions D:

But I'm sure I'll come up with one next week.

• PC or Mac or Liniux?
  • Best OTP in FiM?
  • And Best OTP in EG?
  • What are your favourite type of ships?
  • (Container ships, yacht, canoe, cruise ship, battleship?)
  • Best pony?
  • How have you been going, well? ^_^
  • Do you have a favourite episode?

PC. Mostly because it was the only one I have ever used.  :ooh: 

Best OTP. I'll just go with SoarinDash.

Don't really have an OTP in EQ. I guess that one nerd and that one other guy.

My favorite type of ships are the ones that are romantic yet the two share a strong bond. Any ships works with me personally as long as I can see it.

Look at my avatar to view the best pony.

It's been going pretty well. I've been really social in school lately so that's good.

Yes, my favorite is Pinkie Pride.

What's your favorite video game console?

A toss up between the N64 and Gamecube. N64 has some of the best games and the Gamecube I'm very nostalgic for.

Hi there Chikorita. :)

Have you any sort of music that you like to listen to and do you have a favorite music artist or band.

• Brohoof 1

Hi there Chikorita. :)

Have you any sort of music that you like to listen to and do you have a favorite music artist or band.

My favorite music generes are Show tunes, Heavy Metal and Classic Rock.

For specific bands: Queen, Metallica, and ACDC.

• Brohoof 2

'ello there! *waves* Hope you're doing well and all~  :fluttershy:  Well, you said you are, so...Anywho! If you were to choose between Chikorita and Pinkie, who would you choose?

Also, out of curiosity, is there a reason you use green text?

• Brohoof 1

'ello there! *waves* Hope you're doing well and all~  :fluttershy:  Well, you said you are, so...Anywho! If you were to choose between Chikorita and Pinkie, who would you choose?

Also, out of curiosity, is there a reason you use green text?

I like to see it as me in two different scenarios. I would hang out with Pinkie in Equestria and train a Chikorita in the Pokemon world. But overall, I would own a Chikorita. It seems like it would come in more use.

Also, the green text is to show that green is my favorite color. It also makes everything I say sound very nature like.

Hey there CB! :)

So I'm wondering, outside of ships and writing Newsletters, what are some of your favorite pastimes? Do you ever feel like you have to take some time off from the forums to recharge your creative juices before writing another article? :ooh:

• Brohoof 1

Hi C.B! Wanted to ask, what's your favourite outfit each of the mane 6 ponies has worn throughout the series?

Oh, and do you like game shows? If so, what's your favourite?

Random questions :P

• Brohoof 2

Hey there CB! :)

So I'm wondering, outside of ships and writing Newsletters, what are some of your favorite pastimes? Do you ever feel like you have to take some time off from the forums to recharge your creative juices before writing another article? :ooh:

I write some of my original work. I have posted it on my blogs. I don't really need recharge from writing articles. It's practically second nature for me.

Favorite Pokemon besides Chikorita?

Favorite game series besides Pokemon?

Manectric and Absol are my other favoirite Pokemon. Mario, Banjo Kazooie and The Legend of Zelda are my other favorite game series.

Hi C.B! Wanted to ask, what's your favourite outfit each of the mane 6 ponies has worn throughout the series?

Oh, and do you like game shows? If so, what's your favourite?

Random questions :P

My favorite outfit the mane six have worn is not specific since I see the outfits as how well they are as a group. And I think the gala dresses do that the best overall since each dress perfectly matches each pony's personalities. I don't watch as much game shows as I used to, but when I did my favorite was this japanese game show called Ninja Warrior. Think of Wipeout except more extreme.
  • Brohoof 1