Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which one of the four temperaments are you?

Odyssey

Four Temperaments  

76 users have voted

1. 1. Which one are you?

• Sanguine
    • Choleric
    • Melancholic
    • Phlegmatic

I am most definitely Melancholic: 

• I tend to take a long time to think things through, which sometimes makes me slow to respond or act.
  • Overall, I'm pretty reserved.
  • Probing for "hidden meanings"...sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. It depends on the context.  
  • I can most definitely be a perfectionist at times, which leads me to often be unnecessarily hard on myself.
  • I am TOTALLY not organized, but I still know where things are. :P
  • I tend to ask a lot of questions. I guess I'm just really curious? Lol 
  • Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'd argue that I'm mostly phlegmatic, but with some melancholic-ness thrown in. These aren't 100% set in stone; I do occasionally have my choleric moments, especially regarding the "not much sleep" component.  :lol:

I'm phlegmatic for the most part but I have some sanguine mixed into it and a tiny bit of the other two. None exactly describes who I am but phlegmatic is the one who'd fit me the most.

I would guess the Plegmatic, but it's not easy to just pick one...

Phlegmatics are both slow and indirect when responding to others.

Yep, I have a hard time being really upfront with people, unless something is really bothering me >o<

Usually when I say something like "I'd rather not" or "Maybe we could do/try something else?" I mean "NUH-UH I AIN'T DOING THAT"

They live a quiet, routine, life, free of the normal anxieties and stresses of the other temperaments.

While my life does have a lot of routine, it can still get pretty stressy every now and then...
Although I'm working on trying to eradicate all stress from my life c:

Because, y'know, I want to enjoy my life <3

The Phlegmatic communicates a warm, sincere interest in others (preferring to have just a few close friends.)

I really love listening to others :3

Especially when they're super into something, it's adorable to listen to their "life's work" :D

Although often, the other person will assume I get bothered by their rambling, because I usually won't really have anything to add to the conversation :C

(Which isn't true, by the by. You do you, that's why I like you <3 )

They will  be very loyal to their friends and find it difficult to break long standing relationships regardless of what the other person does.

Yeah, although that can be a negative thing.

There's been times where someone's been extremely toxic, but due to disliking change, I kept hanging out with them...

Usually I'll reach my "breaking point" and abruptly stop and reject any contact with them whatsoever :L

The Phlegmatic tends to resist change of any kind without reason, other than they just do not want the change to occur.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Phlegmatics show little emotion and are prone to be a grudge holder.

I like to think I'm an emotional person, and I don't really try to hide that...
Then again, I can't really know how the world sees me >o<

But boy, let me tell you all about holding grudges... xP

I can be upset about something months/years after it has happened, because forgiving doesn't necessarily mean forgetting!

Phlegmatics tend to avoid conflict and making decisions of any kind.

Yep, don't like either.

Conflicts should be fairly self-explanatory, and making decisions is also pretty hard :c

"To choose is to lose"

Also, I do tend to get a little bothered when people expect me to make decisions all the time.

Like, it's lovely that you want my input, but making decisions is already hard enough, no need to put all this pressure on me ;-;

They are practical, concrete and traditional thinkers.

Traditional thinker? Sure. :D

Concrete thinker? Not really. My thoughts tend to be extremely long-winded :L

(As do my posts, apparently o: )

The Phlegmatic may be patient to the point of paralysis.

Yeah, sure, I'll wait!

Oh would you look at that, 50 years have passed.
Whoops.

Phlegmatics are persistent and consistent at whatever they undertake.

This though, I'm super stubborn xP

I put it in a spoiler, so you all wouldn't have to scroll a million times to get past my post <3

• 4 years later...

This is a tough one. Sanguine covers a lot of it; being extroverted, fun-loving, activity prone and optimistic. But at other times, I can be Choleric, as far as being hot-tempered, practical and easily annoyed (in limited areas only). I’m Melancholic in being logical, analytical, private and having a let’s-do-it-right attitude. But Phlegmatic doesn’t seem to be me at all. I don’t think I’m a solid fit into any of these, so I guess that makes me…Chaotic?

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

In spite of how I acted when I first created my account, Phlegmatic seems apropos. I am not much of a people person in general, nor am I terribly ambitious. My meekness has stabbed me in the back as well really, but I am doing my best to work on that.

My temperament changes over time depending my mood but most of the time, my temperament is choleric-phlegmatic. As if I would literally feel nothing or indifferent in most things while running things in my life just to get shit done. Basically like a robot.