Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

non-pony related songs?

Chronamut

hey guys, so I just found this site, and I was interested in submitting my music to it - I have made a LOT of music over the years, but NONE of it is mlp related.. is it seen as a faux pas to submit my music to pony.fm? I don't want to dilute the purpose of the audio listening if it is specifically meant for pony-only remixes. I am basically a pony fan who doesn't make pony music.

your thoughts?

hey guys, so I just found this site, and I was interested in submitting my music to it - I have made a LOT of music over the years, but NONE of it is mlp related.. is it seen as a faux pas to submit my music to pony.fm? I don't want to dilute the purpose of the audio listening if it is specifically meant for pony-only remixes. I am basically a pony fan who doesn't make pony music.

your thoughts?

The site is designed primarily for pony-related stuff, but not every song is a direct remix. A lot of the stuff ive put up is orchestral which is a grey area for that kinda thing.

By nature if every song was a remix it'd be pretty boring. It's certainly preferred that the songs be related SOMEHOW to the fandom whether in intent or in meaning

Basically if you can submit it to equrstriadaily and expect them to give you music of the day, you can upload it. If it's completely unrelated it's not in the best interests of the overall theme of the site

Hope that helped :)

thank you! That does help :)

I edited my post just now in case you wanna read it a bit more haha added some guidelines on how to choose :)

And you're welcome! Any time :yay:

(edited)

yeah.. I made all of my music before ever watching the new series.. so I would feel uncomfortable posting any of it and tagging a pony name to it :)

I couldn't tell if it was a place for mlp fans to post their original content, or a place to post only pony-related music at first, as I did see some non-related songs in the new submissions, but none in the featured.

Edited by Chronamut

yeah.. I made all of my music before ever watching the new series.. so I would feel uncomfortable posting any of it and tagging a pony name to it :)

Good choice :P I'm glad you have that attitude; looking forward to hearing any inspired songs you come up with in the future!

thanks, but I am largely retired these days - I made and produced almost 400 songs over the course of 12 years.. I've focused back on things like art now.. maybe I will do some pony related art hehe..

I couldn't tell if it was a place for mlp fans to post their original content, or a place to post only pony-related music at first, as I did see some non-related songs in the new submissions, but none in the featured.

Yeah were pushing for pony-related for the future as in the past it was a place for all fans to dump their stuff. We're doing a MLP Music Archive though meaning there's gonna be about 50,000 songs In there; wanting to keep a consistent theme going forward

any chance you might set up a music area where people who are mlp fans can submit original content? It would be nice to have a mlp community of people who just make whatever they want :)

thanks, but I am largely retired these days - I made and produced almost 400 songs over the course of 12 years.. I've focused back on things like art now.. maybe I will do some pony related art hehe..

That's really awesome; I've been doing it for about 8 months and have made only like 14. Art is an awesome hobby to take up and a lot of artists who get into it at this stage of the game do well in terms of finding fans for their content :) if you do take up art I'd recommend checking out reddit.com/r/mlpdrawingschool - they have a lot of good resources for learning. You can also check out Sorceroushorserous on deviantart as he has a couple EXCELLENT tutorials for getting started

any chance you might set up a music area where people who are mlp fans can submit original content? It would be nice to have a mlp community of people who just make whatever they want :)

Yeah I can talk to feld0 about that!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

oh I've been doing art since before I could walk hehe - I have done hundreds of pieces as well and have had them in galleries, so I am not new to it - I just meant I might take up doing PONY related art, as I have always shied away from that hehe..

you can view my work at http://ShawnDall.com :)

That's really awesome; I've been doing it for about 8 months and have made only like 14. Art is an awesome hobby to take up and a lot of artists who get into it at this stage of the game do well in terms of finding fans for their content :) if you do take up art I'd recommend checking out reddit.com/r/mlpdrawingschool - they have a lot of good resources for learning. You can also check out Sorceroushorserous on deviantart as he has a couple EXCELLENT tutorials for getting started

Yeah I can talk to feld0 about that!

awesome! I used to be part of a community called newgrounds - they had animations, art and music - I was there for 12 years submitting my art and music, but the community eventually rotted and devolved into hatred and eventually kicked me out - so I would love to be part of a community that has love and unity as its foundations, and not cheap thrills and childish trolling like newgrounds devolved to.

Edited by Chronamut

oh I've been doing art since before I could walk hehe - I have done hundreds of pieces as well and have had them in galleries, so I am not new to it - I just meant I might take up doing PONY related art, as I have always shied away from that hehe..

you can view my work at http://ShawnDall.com :)

awesome! I used to be part of a community called newgrounds - they had animations, art and music - I was there for 12 years submitting my art and music, but the community eventually rotted and devolved into hatred and eventually kicked me out - so I would love to be part of a community that has love and unity as its foundations, and not cheap thrills and childish trolling like newgrounds devolved to.

My god man your art is amazing o.o and yeah a lot of people still remember newgrounds, loved going there for animations back in the day - what kinda music do you do?

(edited)

omg you're from toronto? (sorry I got google analytics so I can view who views my site hehe) - I live in hamilton!

they had EVERY genre of music on newgrounds - I did mainly videogame, ambiant, classical, techno, trance, pop, industrial, chipbit.. I was kinda all over the place:)

you can view my profile here: 

http://chronamut.newgrounds.com/audio

and 

http://chronamut.newgrounds.com/art

all my stuff going forward however I am uploading to soundcloud: 

https://soundcloud.com/chronamut

and thank you - my last piece I finished took me 3 years to finish, which is this one :)

the site is grouped by category http://shawndall.com - so each pic you see on there is like a folder, with a bunch more in it, so be sure to click them all! :)

eQFgi3.jpg

Edited by Chronamut

omg you're from toronto? (sorry I got google analytics so I can view who views my site hehe) - I live in hamilton!

they had EVERY genre of music on newgrounds - I did mainly videogame, ambiant, classical, techno, trance, pop, industrial, chipbit.. I was kinda all over the place:)

you can view my profile here:

http://chronamut.newgrounds.com/audio

and

http://chronamut.newgrounds.com/art

and thank you - my last piece I finished took me 3 years to finish, which is this one :)

the site is grouped by category http://shawndall.com - so each pic you see on there is like a folder, with a bunch more in it, so be sure to click them all! :)

eQFgi3.jpg

Actually northern Ontario, on mobile devices it usually defaults to capitol cities a lot of times for me

Awesome to see other local people though, what genre do you produce?

(edited)

I did mainly videogame, ambiant, classical, techno, trance, pop, industrial, chipbit.. I was kinda all over the place:)

I did get on the greatest hits of all time on the site though, and did chart top for over a decade.. I just don't want my songs to rot hehe :P

Edited by Chronamut

I did mainly videogame, ambiant, classical, techno, trance, pop, industrial, chipbit.. I was kinda all over the place:)

Neat :3 okay I'll be off to go work on some orchestra, lemme know if you need anything else ok?

okie dokie thanks! Yeah if you could talk to feld0 about a regular songs section then I can put this massive tome of music somewhere hahaha :P

We've decided to keep it pony-only for the forseeable future  :sunbutt: