Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Acne

Vicke

I haven't had any horrible acne problems, but I have gotten the occasional zit.

Caution: Nasty stuff

Usually, my zits'll have white heads, so I can pop them easily.

And I use Sea Breeze. So any potential acne gets obliterated.

Edited by Link

I've mostly wrestled with acne on my forehead. It is typically at its worst in the late autumn and through the winter months. I consciously avoid drinking soda whenever I see a breakout looming on the horizon, but I am strictest during the later parts of the year.

Aside from dietary adjustments, I use anti-acne cream. If I manage the situation correctly, the zits subside within a few days of their appearance.

I don't have acne and i hope i will never get it.

I only get pimples, which i just get a bottle of alcohol and rub some on the pimple and it will dry it out.

I also have those face wipes that you can get, they clean your pores out and its good for them too.

I used to have pretty bad cystic acne when I was a teenager. I think it started from around age 10, and was extremely persistent. I was seeing a dermatologist  taking prescription pills and prescription topical ointments. This helped a bit, but that only brought the acne down to, like, normal level. They tried to put me on Accutane, but I wouldn't let them. I actually have an angry story about that, but that's for another time.

Anyway, I found out when I was nearly 20 that my hormones were severely out of whack. My acne went away when I started taking medication for my hormones. I still deal with the occasional break out, but it's mostly fine, now. However, when I'm not taking my medication, it comes back full force. So, yeah, this was very clearly a hormonal issue and not a dermatological one, in my case.

Like many, I've had my experiences with acne. It wasn't so bad that I was bullied or lost self esteem because of it, but I still had to deal with a few pimples here and there. On occasion, I might get a larger nodule, which would often scar. It's pretty annoying, but I guess that's just adolescence.

Also, lemon juice, applied topically, works wonders.

I didn't think I would get ACNE, but right now I'm working on getting rid of it.But, I'll probably get rid of it soon.

I just hope it doesn't take too long at all.

• Brohoof 1

The human body really is a troll. You get to the age where you're brain is telling you that's it's important to look good, you want to be attractive... a good appearance is a good life.

But you're body's like "Bitch please" and gives you bad beo and a face full of pulsating red lumps.

I didn't start getting spots until I was about 18. It wasn't as bad as some, but I would get breakouts around my chin and forehead and it really got me down, I really hated it. Long story short, after a procedure, I got it dramatically reduced. I still get spots which frustrate the hell out of me, but I keep it under control with a fancy face wash and vitamin e.

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 1

Oh yeah, I had it real bad through some of middle school and pretty much all of high school and not just on my face either. It wasn't until I was round 18 or 19 that it finally cleared up and it has been gone ever since, I had a few scars for a while from scratching them but those also eventually went away.

I have acne... Just... Some acne.

Now, who to blame?

Karma. That's who.

I screwed up in past lives and now I am suffering the consequences.

I have been having this acne problem... In both sides of my faces and nowhere else. Een though, I still get kisses from everyone. No one is afraid of kissing Your Pimpled Teenager(Me).

I've been thinking of making a Youtube Account... With that name. Maybe I'll talk about how life is with acne.

Maybe...

Maybe.

Well, my problem is that my skin is sensitive, heals badly and anything leaves scars on it, so I don't have like whole face covered with acne, but more like a few for a long time (+ scars or red spots forever...).

Also the doctor said that there's nothing that can heal my skin like 100% because it is sensitive and such but propolis, but that could burn my skin or I could be allergic to it so..

I do clean my skin at least once a day and I take pills (vitamin B .. )

P.S.: Plus of this skin is that my hands are incredibly soft = girls like to caress them.. ;3

Edited by Cocodrillo
  • Brohoof 1

19 years old and I'm still having quite the problems with acne. Though it's gotten less worse. I think I've got a few scars from them, but they'll go away soon enough. I don't really care or mind it, it's just a proces of life, just stop worrying about it and stop touching it, it'll go away soon enough.

I have chonic severe acne......I'm on medication for it and it sucks......I cant go in direct sunlight (not that I should, being a ginger) without extreme pain because of the meds.  I can't even let people touch my neck because the acne has made it so tender.... :(

I don't have it as terribly as some might, but I do have it pretty bad on my face, back, and neck. It started when I was around eleven years old and shows no sign of stopping. My dermatologist has been trying numerous medications, and sometimes I do manage to get a break. But even at my best points, I'm still not clear.

I have taken a hit to the self-esteem because of it, mainly due to the fact that there are only a handful of people in my high school that seem to have any acne at all. I went in thinking it was a common thing for teenagers, but lo and behold, pretty much everybody else is perfectly clear 100% of the time.

I used to have a lot due to my hair being slightly longer than most. Turns out that was the main contributing factor, as it really diminished when I cut the shit. Other than that, I got the usual, growing up amount.

I didnt have a big problem but it was annoying when I was in 8th grade

But It didnt take too long to go away, which was lucky I suppose

• Brohoof 1

At 22, I do have some acne myself, and it sucks. I thought this was teenage stuff!

But according to my dermatologist, it's still normal. I'm doing remedial treatments such as botanical face creams and the usual washing of the face, so far it's been treated well.

• 6 years later...