Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Whats next for Sunset Shimmer?

green

After watching Friendship Games I felt pretty satisfied with the conclusion of Sunset Shimmers character arc.

But now were getting a fourth movie in production and it made me wonder who the main focus will be now. Do you think Sunset will still be the main character and continue developing her? Or will they start a new character arc for human Twilght? Or maybe both?

Any speculation is welcome.

Edited by Flame Flare

I believe the leaks from months and months ago confirmed it will focus on handbeast-Twilight exploring a mystery in the Everfree Forest.

I could be wrong.

Edited by Lucky Shot
  • Brohoof 1

I think it will focus on both sci-twi and sunset, i know sunset has had a full arc but more problems could pop up that only she could solve and I mean who else doesn't want to see more SUNSET SHIMMER!!!!

• Brohoof 1

They will probably be moving her Home Sick/Emptiness plot they cut from Friendship Games to Legend of Everfree so that it can be focused on instead of just being a few minor scenes. Basically, she's home sick and misses solving magical mysteries and learning about mythological creatures, which is probably why they moved it to a movie about Everfree. The movie will probably be about Sunset and friends discovering where all the Human magic has gone and how to properly control it.

I dunno what's next for her, but I wanna see her as a pony with a set of wings someday  :wub:

Yes! We need to see Sunset sprout a pair of wings soon.

I believe the leaks from months and months ago confirmed it will focus on handbeast-Twilight exploring a mystery in the Everfree Forest.

I could be wrong.

Where did you hear that from?

I was thinking...

..the human counterpart of Twilight will learn more and more things about friendship and bla bla, she will bond permanently to the other girls, they will form the "human mane 6" and Sunset Shimmer will finally return to Equestria.... :dash:

• Brohoof 1

I could be wrong.

The only leak I'm aware of was the Legend of Everfree image with the mystery character on the cover. Considering misinformation is common amongst the FiM/EqG fandom I'm inclined to be sceptical.

• Brohoof 1

They will probably be moving her Home Sick/Emptiness plot they cut from Friendship Games to Legend of Everfree so that it can be focused on instead of just being a few minor scenes. Basically, she's home sick and misses solving magical mysteries and learning about mythological creatures, which is probably why they moved it to a movie about Everfree. The movie will probably be about Sunset and friends discovering where all the Human magic has gone and how to properly control it.

Agreeing with part of this. I do believe the writers revealed that deleted scene for a reason to hint a homesick Sunset. She has completed her arc, but remains far from perfect. Even leaders struggle with inner conflict.

I'm sure all focus wouldn't be on her though....I'm sure we'll get.more of Sci-Twi and the others.

Agreeing with part of this. I do believe the writers revealed that deleted scene for a reason to hint a homesick Sunset. She has completed her arc, but remains far from perfect. Even leaders struggle with inner conflict.

I'm sure all focus wouldn't be on her though....I'm sure we'll get.more of Sci-Twi and the others.

Since you seem like a major Sunset Shimmer fan, can I ask you for your opinion on something? I've seen people debate what Sunset's element would be if she ever acquired one of her own, rather than simply being a second Element of Magic. In my opinion, I think "Wisdom" fits her perfectly. Wisdom is something learned, something earned, not something you are born with, and I think having experienced both the light and the dark that she has probably become quite wise from her experiences on both ends of the spectrum.

• Brohoof 1

Since you seem like a major Sunset Shimmer fan, can I ask you for your opinion on something? I've seen people debate what Sunset's element would be if she ever acquired one of her own, rather than simply being a second Element of Magic. In my opinion, I think "Wisdom" fits her perfectly. Wisdom is something learned, something earned, not something you are born with, and I think having experienced both the light and the dark that she has probably become quite wise from her experiences on both ends of the spectrum.

You'd be surprised to know that while Sunset is my favorite character, I'm not a die hard fan as you might think. I more admire her development and execution. (Occasionally want to propose to her but silly me)

Anyway, I'm the type to not jump into conclusions when it comes to what element the wifey possesses. There has been too many speculations from the random that forces me to hesitate to guess what she represents. Though I do not think wisdom would be an element at all. Twilight is wise as well as the other Mane....well humane 5. They've all said things that are considered wise especially in Friendship Games though many fail to notice that since all focus was on Sunset and Twilight. Besides, I don't think Sunset has all her ducks in a row yet. She still has a way to go just how Twilight have a long ways to go even after becoming a Princess.

I do like your theory though...but I wouldn't think the writers would bestow wisdom to Sunset exclusively.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know.

Maybe she will be homesick for Equestria and have that be her character arc for the 4th movie, similar to the deleted scenes from Friendship Games.

But I am confident to say that I will enjoy watching whatever is next for her character development.

Easy, she needs to confront her human counterpart. Have the cut plot for Sunset in the Friendship Games serve as a basis, in my opinion making it about what she should do next with her life instead of being homesick, and while pony Sunset is going through all this, her human counterpart starts planning something and the two come to blows (In as much of a DBZ way as possible...No I'm not on a DBZ bing right now, shut up!) 

Sunset still hasn't figured out completely why they transform,  the movie has her bring that up twice and one short.

We know that it's Hasbro.

Edited by Singe

Well given how the show's been thus far,

I'd love to see Sunset shimmer meet her human counterpart.

perhaps even taking the EG mane cast through the portal to stop Human Sunset's plans to take over Equestria.

Here's my headcanon synopsis for how the next EQG movie will play out:

1.  Humane 6 accompany Sci-Twi to their world's version of the Everfree forest to study a new magical signal that is originating from there.

2.  They have a goofy teenage camping trip and find out Equestrian magic is leaking into their world from somewhere inside the forest.

3.  After all the talk of magic and an adventure in a spooky forest, Sunset Shimmer gets nostalgic about life in Equestria and becomes homesick.

4.  A portal is located in the heart of the forest and some monster has come through.  The girls Pony Up to defeat it and seal the portal.

5.  Sunset Shimmer is tempted to jump through and return home but decides to stay with her new friends and protect their world from future magical outbreaks.

I'm probably way off the mark with this but that's how I would like the next movie to play out.

I'd also accept Sunset Shimmer returning to Equestria for a two-part episode, make amends with Princess Celestia, have some sort of adventure with the Mane 6 and then return to Canterlot High.

• Brohoof 1

Well given how the show's been thus far,

I'd love to see Sunset shimmer meet her human counterpart.

perhaps even taking the EG mane cast through the portal to stop Human Sunset's plans to take over Equestria.

Yeah I'd like to see her meet her human counterpart like Twilight met hers.

2.  They have a goofy teenage camping trip and find out Equestrian magic is leaking into their world from somewhere inside the forest.

I think it would be more interesting if the magic was native to the Human world. It would be one way they could differentiate the two settings by having their magic be different. A portal to Equestria could still open, though.

Edited by Evil_Emperor