Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls: Love or Hate?

Ragingdubstep

Overall, I love that Hasbros were able to pull it off. When I first heard of Equestria Girls, I won't deny that I figured they wouldn't take off. They were created to compete with other franchises like Monster High and Barbie and Bratz but plot wise....it was for Sunset despite her not being the main focus in the first movie.

What I admire most are the improvements and original characters though Flash needs to be "sunsetified" and have some redemption from being such a bland character like Sunset was.

There are many plot holes, but that's to be expected with a world like that. Equestria Girls have come pretty far in just three movies. Already they are beginning to stand on it's own without heavily relying on the pony universe.

Hopefully the improvements will keep coming....and we'll see more

• Brohoof 5

I really love Equestria Girls. It's only slightly weird for me to have a crush on Equestria Girls Rarity, so that's something. (We're around the same age, she's human, the only problem is that she's a cartoon character.) 

Equestria Girls 1 was the first time they used that kind of animation, so it wasn't perfect. Then as they got better, the quality of the movies improved. I love Equestria Girls. I wish they would make a spinoff series. (I imagined that Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle needed someone else for their math team, but they couldn't find anyone. People kept suggesting Rarity, but she didn't imagine that Rarity would be any good at math. She chose Rarity anyways and realized that she was very good at math. Yes, I imagine entire made up episodes in my head, don't judge.)

• Brohoof 3

Hate.  ;)

Someone please let me know when it stops relying on ridiculous contrivances, nonsensical climaxes, and Sunset Shimmer's never-ending angst.

Wow! Your pretty straightforward on your opinions.

Hey there :) 

Since we already have a section specifically made for discussion about the Friendship is Magic spin-off series, Equestria Girls, I have moved your topic over to the appropriate section :)

I don't "Hate" Equestria Girls. I don't like it really either. I mainly don't like it because it's just Hasbro's half-assed lazy and cheap idea to compete with things like Monster High and Bratz dolls. I also don't like it because it's setting is the high school scene. Been there, done that, and I don't miss it. >_>

Sunset Shimmer is the only character that doesn't look weird.

I did like the "Ghost Maud" scene. :squee:

There are far worse things out there than Equestria Girls. The writers/animators did a good job with what they were given to work with. I do watch them one time for the heck of it, but just am not a fan. If it was cancelled I wouldn't care at all.

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm personally in the middle ground. I don't hate the movies (even though I still feel the first one is pretty bad), but I don't exactly love them either. Still get 'em on DVD releases because YOLO.

• Brohoof 1

Hate.  ;)

Someone please let me know when it stops relying on ridiculous contrivances, nonsensical climaxes, and Sunset Shimmer's never-ending angst. 

Well at least it has the contrivances and nonsensical climaxes in common with the main show. It's also nice to know Celestia is just as useless as in the main show as well.

Well, I'd say I "hate" the first one, but the other 2 are at least half decent, nothing I'd rewatch though. The songs however, are a different matter all together (So good!  :D )

I'm indifferent. Used to hate it at first, but after watching Rainbow Rocks, I've grown to like it just a bit. I do like seeing cute small horses in their human forms, but yet again nothing has wowed me. I'm not a fan of Sunset Shimmer either, so as such it can be a little boring to watch. At least for me.

Eh... HATE is a bit strong.

I dislike it. And it's hard to get over that dislike since I dislike it at a conceptual level.

I don't mind it's existence too much. Just as long as it stays OUT of the main show.

Love it. Watched the first one, thought it was decent. The second one was even better, with it's interesting plot and great songs. Then the third one came out, and I was mind blown. The Friendship Games was just so good, and it made me like Sunset Shimmer a lot as well as Sci-Twi. Overall I'd say it's great - the animation is just as good as FiM as well as the songs. Good job Hasbro, can't wait for the fourth one!