Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls: Love or Hate?

Ragingdubstep

Not entertaining enough to watch repeats. Story is meh, majority of characters are forgettable, the world is uninteresting, and all three movies follow the same formula.

Edited by Singe

Let's see... it gave us Sunset Shimmer (and my favorite ship SunLight), more Trixie, good songs, the Sirens, the Crystal Prep 6 and demon Twily... I think I love it.

Buuut it also gave us Brad and these abominations of hell:

sig-4201555.eqgirlsdolls_by_pixelkitties

why

Yeah only thing I dislike are the dolls.

• Brohoof 1

They're cool in my book. Are they perfect? Of course not. But, they are still enjoyable. It did take bit of time for me to get used to their setting (high school, really?) and character designs (Luna's outfit been the biggest offence). Now, I don't mind that much and can continue to watch the movies and wouldn't stop me from watching future EQ movies.

• 1 month later...

Equestria Girls is the best spin off ever imo. Although I was slightly disappointed in friendship games the others more then make up for it. I stopped playing music after high school after playing music for 8 years. Then I jeard Rainbow Dash's solo in awesome as I wanna be and I decided to start playing guitar again again. Its so weird how much the mlp franchise has changed my life.

I don't love nor hate it actually, I find it ok to watch. But the songs are what really makes me like to watch it because they're great and all but still I won't say I love it.

I'm part of the minority that likes the movies! Rainbow Rocks especially was quite great, and though the other two had some issues, I wouldn't say that I hated them as much as other fans. Personally, I think some people are just a little biased because it wasn't pony-themed, but eh. And, uh, to tell you the truth, I mostly like the franchise for Sunset Shimmer.  :please:

• Brohoof 2

I dind't really "Love" the EQ series but I do believe that Hasbro have made it slightly more enjoyable. However I do feel the series does change the meaning of "The magic of friendship" in a different level of which it makes it look like a barbie tale. I mean seriously guys, I remembered when hasbro annouced the new equestria girls with the post on facebook

"We are proud to introduce My Little Pony Equestria Girls! Learn all about the magical parallel universe with high schools instead of castles, where six pony friends become real girls with a love for fun and fashion"

What happened to the "Love and friendship"? Apparently it have been place with "Fun and fashion" and even though I actually watched the movies, I still believe it has been that way still, it reminds me of this show "High school musical" which has a lot of drama which can be unappealing to some people. But hey, it's my opinion, some people hate and love the Equestria girls series right?

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I love them, but I found them to be enjoyable. I don't think any of them exceed each other in terms of appeal. The first one had an ending that kinda disappointed me in how it was executed.

I just can't get over the concepts of the sequels. Rainbow Rocks had slightly better music, and did a good job of redeeming Sunset. Friendship Games is just kinda there.

I did not like the new Crystal Prep characters or how they were presented (not in the, "Agh, antagonist, must dislike!" way. More like the, "You are pointless and bland and make me want to stop watching," way). Especially Cinch.

If she wasn't so dry and predictable, I could have ignored her. But the near-end moment-of-triumph scene where the students all stand up to Cinch ruined the ending for me. Again, matter of execution.

Overall, I liked them, there are just a few things that I think could have been handled better.

I actually can't remember if I posted on this previously. Oh well. I typed all this, may as well post it.

• 2 weeks later...

I love it, just as much as FIM. I don't understand all the hate for eqg, really.

It's hard for some to see our beloved ponies changed in every way, the fandom thought EG was going to affect the FIM series (which it didn't).

Overall, I Love the EG trilogy!

• Brohoof 2

I found the first movie okay. Not great, not good, but not bad, either. Simply "okay" because it entertained me at least a bit, even though the plot was most of the time predictable and I needed some time to get used to the designs of the humans. 

But after Rainbow Rock I began to like EQG and FIM equally.

So, I would say "love" in my case. mlp-sunyay.png

Edited by Fluidty