Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Movies you know are good but just cant get into

Phill

Are there any movies where you can see that they are good movies, but for some reason you just can't get into them? 

For me, it's the Star Wars movies. I can see that they are great films, but for some reason I just can't get into them.

• Brohoof 2

For me, it's the Star Wars movies.

I saw the topic title and thought "Star wars for me, definitely" Looks like you took the words right out of my mouth. The godfather movies too, Im just not a big fan of mafia movies

• Brohoof 1

A good chunk of older Disney movies like Fantasia, most of the Disney Princess movies like Cinderella, Little Mermaid, Sleeping Beauty, etc., and a Nightmare Before Christmas.

I can definitely see why these movies are considered classics, but I could never get into them. 

• Inception
  • Citizen Kane
  • Taxi Driver
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey

I can see why these films are good and I do agree that they are well made, but they're just not very interesting to me.

And then there are of course other films which are considered "good" but I think are pure shit *COUGH* Toy Story *COUGH*

Most Marvel films. I'm not sure if I would consider them good, but whenever I watch them I get bored easily. Out of all of the Marvel films, Age of Ultron is the one that sometimes makes me to go to sleep since I don't find it compelling.

Edited by Officer Wet Blanket

Wow! This is a really great idea for a thread!

Anyway, there are many movies that have raving reviews that I just can't get into. The entirety of the Harry Potter series is a lot of those films. I know they're good, and I usually like fantasy and such (like Lord of The Rings, although it's not exactly the same...), and the magical and mysterious element, I feel, should appeal to me. But I am just uninterested in the series for some reason! I'm not even too fond of the books. Maybe it's just not my thing?

another series is the Hunger Games. I watched about three quarters of the first movie in school, and while most people were keen to watch the rest (we never did), I couldn't have cared less. It was good, but I just didn't connect with the characters for some reason, and just didn't enjoy it. I want to! But I can't...

Edited by Wolves

Star Wars and Star Trek. I am by definition what people would call a geek or a nerd but I just can't grasp my hands around the Star Wars or Star Trek movies. Only because I have never really been interested with any space films. The only one I have ever really liked that had to do with space was Galaxy Quest only because Alan Rickman was in it

• Brohoof 1

Frozen is definitely up there for me. I know it is a good movie, it could even be great, but honestly, all the hype surrounding it has kinda made me avoid it for some reason. My interest has never been piqued to watch it.

Films like Alien, Aliens, Predator, those types of 70's-80's action films are other ones that I usually cannot get into. I know that they were great films and are hallmarks for their genres, but even with that, I cannot just sit down and watch them. Maybe I am just a wimp in that regard, I don't know.  

*Every single modern movie*

For some reason, there's only a few films I actually enjoy that were actually made in the last few decades, and even then I still don't care much to watch them. Unsurprisingly, my favorite movie is from 1939, shot in black and white :P

I felt this way about Star Wars, but after having watched all of them I honestly think they're brilliant (and now I'm almost obsessed XD). Star Trek I haven't watched, but I certainly feel this way about it. Perhaps I will watch them one day. As for Lord of the Rings, I have watched them but I've never gotten into them. I just don't understand any of it. Not really my thing to be honest.

But I would soooooo recommend Star Wars to anyone who hasn't watched them yet. I personally love them. My default attitude to any film is "do I have to watch this?" because I'm not really a film person. But after watching Attack of the Clones (which loads of people say is rubbish but I disagree), I became hooked and wanted to watch the rest  :D