Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Thoughts of New OC: MoonHowl

Tao

This oc's been in my head for a while and thought to give him a it of life,  its just the bare bones mostly and thought of getting some feedback on what I have done and his design:

sig-4185474.F6p2ab7.jpg

MoonHowl

Type: Unicorn

Sexual Standing: Gay

Magic Aura: A whitish shade with sparks of gold mixed in.

Cutie Mark: A Waning Moon with a white wolf's paw next to it flowing softly.

Talent: Understanding none-ponies creatures: He can understand what a Timberwolf is saying like its talking basic English to his ears while other ponies cannot.

From: Born in Trottingham but mostly grew up in Ponyville and lives in a rented cottage on the edge of Apple farm close to the Everfree Forest.

Job: Wildezoology (Study of wild and magic creatures in the world)/ Cryptozoology

Notes: He also pushes for equal rights for the none-pony races of the world and tends to act as a go between for none-pony and ponies as a bit of a Ambassador when called into help.

He urges to protect the Everfree forest from those who want to get rid of it, including the “wild and magic” areas.

Personality:  Moonhowl tends to be a bit shy like around large groups of ponies given he spends a lot of time on his own in his research and wanderings around the whole world. Mostly he tends to relax and get along with none-ponies better and with a few ponies who understand his quite and laid back. Just do not think this stallion is a push over, he is more than willing to take a stand if pushed and can hold is own in a fight.

He has been given some harassment is being gay stallion in some of his family don't get why he would be gay with so many mares around of good breeding. Still he is proud of who he is and what he does in also having published many papers and teaching a class now and than on the study of Wildezoology (Study of wild and magic creatures in the world) in which is a leading voice in. Bit of nerd if anything, he can talk for hours on this subject and the creatures of the Everfree Forest.

Friends: Iron Will

Big Mac

Stoneroot (Timberwolf)

Spike

Fancy Pants

Blueblood

Fleur Dis Lee

Fluttershy

Discord

Edited by Tao

Overall a nicely thought out character. I feel like with a name like MoonHowl that your OC would have a little more rugged appearance.  An idea I had: It would be cool if your OC had a kind of werewolf thing going on were he would turn in to a timberwolf every blue moon or something (look it up, its pretty cool and goes with your character's design!). This may help reinforce how he is able to understand animals, and why he is on the outskirts of town. This is entirely up to you. Why was he born in Trottingham but grew up in ponyville?Where does he teach? As far as I can tell ponyville only has a primary school. Also according to his friend list he knows a few canterlot elite- it would be interesting to know how those connections were made considering where he lives. (Also, how can somebody be friends with BlueBlood? :P )

Good cutie mark design, and the colors work for the most part. I'm assuming that the mane will be outlined like the tail, because otherwise it is hard to really see it. I'm not sold on the eye color- I would go with an orange or magenta, though The longer I look at it, the more I think it could grow on me.

Also, I think Zecora would be a good friend as well!

• Brohoof 2

Overall a nicely thought out character. I feel like with a name like MoonHowl that your OC would have a little more rugged appearance.  An idea I had: It would be cool if your OC had a kind of werewolf thing going on were he would turn in to a timberwolf every blue moon or something (look it up, its pretty cool and goes with your character's design!). This may help reinforce how he is able to understand animals, and why he is on the outskirts of town. This is entirely up to you. Why was he born in Trottingham but grew up in ponyville?Where does he teach? As far as I can tell ponyville only has a primary school. Also according to his friend list he knows a few canterlot elite- it would be interesting to know how those connections were made considering where he lives. (Also, how can somebody be friends with BlueBlood? :P )

Good cutie mark design, and the colors work for the most part. I'm assuming that the mane will be outlined like the tail, because otherwise it is hard to really see it. I'm not sold on the eye color- I would go with an orange or magenta, though The longer I look at it, the more I think it could grow on me.

Also, I think Zecora would be a good friend as well!

Hey Mr Blue

An idea I had: It would be cool if your OC had a kind of werewolf thing going on were he would turn in to a timberwolf every blue moon or something (look it up, its pretty cool and goes with your character's design!).

In truth he does get turned into a werepony of sorts down the line in his history .  :o

Why was he born in Trottingham but grew up in ponyville?

His parents got divorced when he was a colt.  Also I wrote out a few different layouts for his history which I'll post for more feed.

Where does he teach?

He teaches ponies and colts and fillies about the wild creatures you find in the Everfree and etc.  Which he also does to spread awareness about them and cut back on the fear some ponies would have of these creatures.

As far as I can tell ponyville only has a primary school. Also according to his friend list he knows a few canterlot elite- it would be interesting to know how those connections were made considering where he lives. (Also, how can somebody be friends with BlueBlood? :P )

Collage

Ahh Blueblood, hes one my fav ponies to read about in fanfic given what the fans have wrote him as.  In truth I would still have him a bit selfish yet still is Lady Sunbutts blood and I think he has some skills and has different side. 

I would go with an orange or magenta, though The longer I look at it, the more I think it could grow on me.

Maybe,  I'll play around with it :ooh:  but good insight!

• Brohoof 1

Can you save the image in .png? I'd like to show you some changes I would make to help you see if you like them more or not, but it's pretty hard to do with .jpg images, so... if possible, pretty please?  :please:

Can you save the image in .png? I'd like to show you some changes I would make to help you see if you like them more or not, but it's pretty hard to do with .jpg images, so... if possible, pretty please?  :please:

Well given you said please oh raver pony, Ill send you a link in pms yes!