Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How heavy is Princess Celestia?

Bendy

How heavy is Princess Celestia?

One thing she is quite possibly the biggest and tallest pony in MLP FIM. Plus she seems to have a fondness for cake, so that doesn't do her any favors. 

Would you consider fat? Slightly overweight?

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 1

Erm, she's not fat, definitely not overweight. It's hard to say really. A physical appearance can't give you an estimate as to how much someone or something weighs in stone. I'd say average of i had to though.

If I had to guess I would say your average pony is probably around 145-170 pounds, but with Celestia being much taller I would say it likely would be a bit more than that my guess would be probably around 220-250 pounds (Big Mac is probably also close to around this weight even though he is a shorter than Celestia) this keeping in mind though that though Celestia has quite the thick plot on her despite her cake indulgence actually seems to have a fairly slim build especially compared to your average sized pony. The only reason why I put her weight as so much higher than your average pony is due to the significant difference in height as well as the fact that it heavily implies that alicorns are much stronger meaning she likely packs more muscle than your average pony and muscle weighs significantly more than fat. Also since pony bodies pack more muscle anyway I also factored that in.

Edited by Shanks
  • Brohoof 1

I remember reading somewhere that she's 13'5 (standing on her hind legs) and weighs 713 pounds. Which must be quite inaccurate at least in the weight department

This is the greatest topic ever. Going by my knowledge (if we assume the micro-series comics are canon... as that's about my only evidence of how her day goes normally) I'd say she's light actually, (lighter than most anyway) based off of how her day goes in issue #10 of the micro-series (eating specific things like wheat thins and all to make sure she is in some sort of perfectly healthy lifestyle...)... and there is also the way she looks too... not that big in my opinion... oh I love to just add my comic knowledge into things... but due to me wasting my life on said comics and stuff like that... I don't know how much anything should weigh on average... even our little ponies... so I can't give no weight... (also, anypony who uses all those fancy things (you know, because all fandoms do) to figure this out, why not just skip the shortcut and get that portal to Equestria done? :) )

Edited by madjack2001

SIR, YOU DO NOT INQUIRY SUCH DETAILS ABOUT A LADY.

Goodness gracious, such coarseness. I wonder where has chivalry gone these days.

• Brohoof 5

On a more serious note. Not that heavy. She has The royal dietitians to look after her ;) Being in the public light you can assume she's weight conscious.

I wouldn't be surprised if Celestia was like me when I was a bit more careful about what I ate, being good for most of the week and then just having one day where I eat whatever I want and how much I want. It worked great for me when I did it so who knows it might work for Celestia, and might make a hilarious fanfic.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Celestia was like me when I was a bit more careful about what I ate, being good for most of the week and then just having one day where I eat whatever I want and how much I want. It worked great for me when I did it so who knows it might work for Celestia, and might make a hilarious fanfic.

"I'll have 60 orders of the Cloud cake. one Chocolate Milkshake and a portion of fries. For breakfast."

"But Your Highness, You calves will explode!"

"Don't Test me, Low Fat. I'm Hungary."

Low Fat's the poor fellow's name. Best One-shot ever 10/10

I remember reading somewhere that she's 13'5 (standing on her hind legs) and weighs 713 pounds. Which must be quite inaccurate at least in the weight department

I dont know how much she weighs but on all fours she is max 5.5. But if I had to guess max 200 probaly 120-150 pounds

post-37-0-40830900-1334793142.png

Edited by GXPBlast

Goodness gracious, such coarseness. I wonder where has chivalry gone these days.

Chivalry is dead, so let us dissect it for science!

To be able to fly she would have to be pretty light.

I think this is the biggest problem - if an alicorn is supposed to have aspects of all three races, then they would have some aspects of a pegasus - which I imagine would include being lighter of frame. Of course, I imagine earth ponies as being heavier and sturdier of frame, so that may cancel out.

If MLPonies have the same weight as regular terrestrial ponies then they would be between 250kg and 400kg (551lbs and 881lbs... although there are extremes that lie beyond these values) which would mean that 713lbs isn't too bad an estimate for a light but large pony (she does seem to be the biggest around.) We might want to state her height as 14 hands 2 inches simply because that is the largest height that a pony can be.

Edited by Once In A Blue Moon

Chivalry is dead, so let us dissect it for science!

I think this is the biggest problem - if an alicorn is supposed to have aspects of all three races, then they would have some aspects of a pegasus - which I imagine would include being lighter of frame. Of course, I imagine earth ponies as being heavier and sturdier of frame, so that may cancel out.

If MLPonies have the same weight as regular terrestrial ponies then they would be between 250kg and 400kg (551lbs and 881lbs... although there are extremes that lie beyond these values) which would mean that 713lbs isn't too bad an estimate for a light but large pony (she does seem to be the biggest around.)

I don't know about alicorns being part this and that I just saw them as another race of ponies. Also earth ponies aren't necessarily all built sturdy and heavy.

Boy, if she were here right now, she would not like this thread much. Unless she has some godlike ability to cancel out her own weight, I want to assume she is at least 400-550 pounds. That is if we consider the actual weight of ponies. Celestia was taller than the horses that we saw in season 3 if I recall right, so that could be a good example.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know about alicorns being part this and that I just saw them as another race of ponies. Also earth ponies aren't necessarily all built sturdy and heavy.

I hypothesise that they share characteristics with each of the other races; they have wings in common with pegasi, horns and magic in common with unicorns, so being similar to earth ponies in certain ways isn't unreasonable. That and the fact that Twilight went from unicorn to alicorn suggests that there is an air of 'superior hybrid species' about them.

It seems implied to me that earth ponies tend to be stronger from certain statements and observations - but the show never really goes into it, so it's just a hypothesis.

As one of the greatest minds in history posed: Tubby or not tubby? Fat is the question​.

... okay, maybe that wasn't what Shakespeare had in mind. To provide a more serious answer though, I can't see Celestia being that much heavier than, say, Big Mac. We know from one of the micro comics (I think it's Luna's) that Celestia is kept on a very strict dieting routine and that she isn't really supposed to have cake. On top of that, she can fly and looks pretty slender.

(edited)

If I had to guess I would say your average pony is probably around 145-170 pounds, but with Celestia being much taller I would say it likely would be a bit more than that my guess would be probably around 220-250 pounds (Big Mac is probably also close to around this weight even though he is a shorter than Celestia) this keeping in mind though that though Celestia has quite the thick plot on her despite her cake indulgence actually seems to have a fairly slim build especially compared to your average sized pony. The only reason why I put her weight as so much higher than your average pony is due to the significant difference in height as well as the fact that it heavily implies that alicorns are much stronger meaning she likely packs more muscle than your average pony and muscle weighs significantly more than fat. Also since pony bodies pack more muscle anyway I also factored that in.

Jeez! She sounds heavy.

She would probably have to use weight suppressing magic or a shielding spell to protect her human lover's body, if she wanted to get more intimate with him/her. (Average Human in Equestria romance story) 

If did not use such magic she could break the poor human's legs. Unless she makes the human workout like a machine before risks anything that would have hurt him when his body was weaker.

Edited by Bendy

The reason winged ponies could fly is because of magic. If it wasn't, Tirek's magic stealing powers wouldn't make it impossible for them to fly. I can't give an estimate. I just don't think she needs to be light in order to fly. 

But if I had to guess max 200 probaly 120-150 pounds

I agree with GXPB, compared to real ponies of her stature she has an incredibly short and small torso, since it's about the same size as her neck. Compared to other ponies, she only has longer, thinner legs and a larger neck, and her torso is thinner than most. I'd wager the only reason she's heavier than a normal pony is all that damn hair.