Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Spoilers]Chrysalis Theory

TomokoKuroki

As you know, Chrysalis, the Queen of the changelings is the newest villain. and after some thinking I've created a few theories that I find are kind of interesting.

First of all, as they all resemble ponies, that has got me thinking that they were once regular ponies, including Chrysalis. If so, I wonder what has changed them into these insect looking ponies. Chrysalis mentioned in the last verse of her song that "everypony she'll control" could this mean that they would of been turned into changelings as well?

Perhaps that is what they tried to do to Celestia when they put her in that green cocoon. Or it could of been just a trap. Though perhaps that is what happened to Chrysalis and her kind.

What do you ponies think of this? and have you had any other theories about her, or the changelings?

She also reminds me a lot of Kerrigan if she was once a pony. XD

Edited by CeIestia

I like my theory.

Being changelings they really don't have to be in Pony shape while in their default form, but they choose to have their true form resemble Ponies because they are the most power species in Equestria. Plus all the towns are made by ponies for ponies so its easier if they just adapt to morphing into Pony like shape.

Like if the changelings were to come to our world they'd be human shaped!

• Brohoof 2

I like my theory.

Being changelings they really don't have to be in Pony shape while in their default form, but they choose to have their true form resemble Ponies because they are the most power species in Equestria. Plus all the towns are made by ponies for ponies so its easier if they just adapt to morphing into Pony like shape.

Like if the changelings were to come to our world they'd be human shaped!

Okay, that is quite interesting. So that suggests that for the form they want to take, their base from will resemble what they want to change into because it is just simpler that way. So if a changeling who looked like a pony was to change into a say donkey, their base default form would resemble that of a donkey?

Okay, that is quite interesting. So that suggests that for the form they want to take, their base from will resemble what they want to change into because it is just simpler that way. So if a changeling who looked like a pony was to change into a say donkey, their base default form would resemble that of a donkey?

Something like that.

Imagine if sentient horse beings were to invade our would. With hooves it'd be hard for them to use our technology so they changelings wouldn't want to be equines to take over people world, they'd want humanoid shapes with fingers!

Something like that.

Imagine if sentient horse beings were to invade our would. With hooves it'd be hard for them to use our technology so they changelings wouldn't want to be equines to take over people world, they'd want humanoid shapes with fingers!

Ah alright, I gotcha.I have a feeling though there is a lot of room for creativity for where they come from, or if they were ponies what hapened to them, etc.

Ah alright, I gotcha.I have a feeling though there is a lot of room for creativity for where they come from, or if they were ponies what hapened to them, etc.

Your theory is entertaining though.

Like I just read a theory on tumblr how the Changeling species would work like insects where most of them are drones that obey their queen or hivemind.

Another theory is that the Changelings are based off of Sinisteeds from some book called Gossamer. Or Water Horses or Kelpies from Celtic lore.

Your theory is entertaining though.

Like I just read a theory on tumblr how the Changeling species would work like insects where most of them are drones that obey their queen or hivemind.

Another theory is that the Changelings are based off of Sinisteeds from some book called Gossamer. Or Water Horses or Kelpies from Celtic lore.

That is quite interesting. I've also read a different theory where Chrysalis was cursed similar in the ways that Medusa was. And to get back at the world she converts ponies into changelings, under her control. The theories ranged from something in the Everfree forest, to Star Swirl the Bearded cursing her, or a possible creation from Discord's chaos.

Well seeing as in the episode she says: "Equestria has more love than any place I've encountered."

Since Equestria is only a land, country, whatever you may call it, and not a full Planet, I like to believe that the Changelings are a species that started in a different part of the world where Equestria resides.

In the episode "Hearths Warming Eve" it is denounced that there is a blizzard that turns the original land of the Ponies into a harsh, blizzardrous land.

Since there is a snowy blizzard land and a normal, mild land (Equestria), it only makes sense that there should be a dense, jungle land full of life and life-giving properties (fertile soil, shrubbery, water, etc.).

If you look at different lands as motions of the time/space continuum, where each land is formed differently by the metaphorical hands of the space/time continuum, and since Newton's Third law of motion states that every action has an equal and opposite reaction, I believe there to be, on the opposite side of the world from the Jungle land, a land that is rocky, devoid of life-giving-properties, hazardous, and only home to beings that could be classified as "A ponies worst nightmare"

This, I believe, is where the Changelings' species originate. Since there are no normal life-giving properties, the changelings must instead feed off of Love, which is an abnormal source.

I believe that the decaying of their bodies represents how healthy they are. The more devoid of their life source, the more decayed they become, until they decay into nothingness.

The reason the Changelings move throughout the world, looking for Love, is because they had completely wiped it out of their original home, and needed to migrate to find it again.

Since their life source is Love, it would only make sense that they reproduce when and only when both sides have an excess of Love in their systems.

I would go farther, but my brain is tired :3

Well seeing as in the episode she says: "Equestria has more love than any place I've encountered."

Since Equestria is only a land, country, whatever you may call it, and not a full Planet, I like to believe that the Changelings are a species that started in a different part of the world where Equestria resides.

In the episode "Hearths Warming Eve" it is denounced that there is a blizzard that turns the original land of the Ponies into a harsh, blizzardrous land.

Since there is a snowy blizzard land and a normal, mild land (Equestria), it only makes sense that there should be a dense, jungle land full of life and life-giving properties (fertile soil, shrubbery, water, etc.).

If you look at different lands as motions of the time/space continuum, where each land is formed differently by the metaphorical hands of the space/time continuum, and since Newton's Third law of motion states that every action has an equal and opposite reaction, I believe there to be, on the opposite side of the world from the Jungle land, a land that is rocky, devoid of life-giving-properties, hazardous, and only home to beings that could be classified as "A ponies worst nightmare"

This, I believe, is where the Changelings' species originate. Since there are no normal life-giving properties, the changelings must instead feed off of Love, which is an abnormal source.

I believe that the decaying of their bodies represents how healthy they are. The more devoid of their life source, the more decayed they become, until they decay into nothingness.

The reason the Changelings move throughout the world, looking for Love, is because they had completely wiped it out of their original home, and needed to migrate to find it again.

Since their life source is Love, it would only make sense that they reproduce when and only when both sides have an excess of Love in their systems.

I would go farther, but my brain is tired :3

I really like this theory. I didn't think about as many of some of the details that you picked up to add to it. So this would be the dying species trying to thrive in the world theory?

As you know, Chrysalis, the Queen of the changelings is the newest villain. and after some thinking I've created a few theories that I find are kind of interesting.

First of all, as they all resemble ponies, that has got me thinking that they were once regular ponies, including Chrysalis. If so, I wonder what has changed them into these insect looking ponies. Chrysalis mentioned in the last verse of her song that "everypony she'll control" could this mean that they would of been turned into changelings as well?

Perhaps that is what they tried to do to Celestia when they put her in that green cocoon. Or it could of been just a trap. Though perhaps that is what happened to Chrysalis and her kind.

What do you ponies think of this? and have you had any other theories about her, or the changelings?

She also reminds me a lot of Kerrigan if she was once a pony. XD

I agree with a lot of this theory aside from them turning the ponies into Changelings. They need the pony's love to feed off of, I would see a more of a Body Snatcher's scenario where they from their intended HQ in Canterlot capture ponies and replace them so that they can feed. The pod Celestia was in in likely prevents her from using her powers. But I do like the thought of them once being ponies or equine-like

(edited)

I really hope a season 3 episode is dedicated to their back story. Thinking about it, I hope one is dedicated to Discord's too.

I would hope so. Both Princesses and all the villains have a lot of room for creativity for their past, or for where they are from in the changeling's case. I would love to see an episode dedicated to that.

Edited by CeIestia

I can merge your theory with an idea of mine.

Seeing as how there are no real humanoids on Equestria, an Equine would seem most suited for the "dominant figure" on the planet, sort of like how humans are humanoids and so are Vulcans (from Star Trek, of course).

Edited by Devin Dash McCourty

I can merge your theory with an idea of mine.

Seeing as how there are no real humanoids on Equestria, an Equine would seem most suited for the "dominant figure" on the planet, sort of like how humans are humanoids and so are Vulcans (from Star Trek, of course).

Well Iron Will is a humanoid. But I am not sure how this is different than colton's theory.

Well Iron Will is a humanoid. But I am not sure how this is different than colton's theory.

Forget what I posted.

Edited by Devin Dash McCourty

A possible theory is that they are similar (although not exactly like) an army of the undead:

Posted Image

They probably have a home region they hail from (who knows how they reproduce, perhaps they do convert ponies into more changelings like an undead army, or the queen produces more somehow since they do appear to be insect-like). They may have always been like this (as in they are a species that evolved or was magically infused to be love-vampires), or they were changed into this by a curse (perhaps Chrysalis was the first cursed to be this way, or perhaps she choose to be this way for the power). If they do reproduce by changing more to be like them then she could have perhaps been the very first.

Of course they may also not have any home-region at all and simply wander the land looking for lands to drain then continue on. She seemed intent on conquering Equestria however, but how long she planned on keeping it before moving on is the question here.

The drones (undead walkers) attack with large numbers, but overall are not very competent fighters. They don't appear capable of magic beyond changing forms (except for Chrysalis however). They don't appear to be mindless drones however, so they probably do have some level of free will.

If they are like an army of the undead then they probably started in a home region and drained it of life. As in they corrupt it to match their forms, which are either constantly in that state of decay or change depending on their energy level (she does say they were starving from lack of love energy absorbed).

Also, I am torn between whether they are always in pony-esque form when not changing or if that is simply the form they choose.

One final thing I am unsure about is whether she should be counted as evil, I mean come on she was trying to save her people from starvation. Let's say that their bodily appearence does indeed connect to how well fed they are, then we can surmise that the decay means they are horribly starved. I don't think she was so much evil, just crafty and looking for a way to save her subjects.

All in all, I love the new villains poor starving souls and the queen they are very awesome! :D (Also, dat voice is attractive! :P)