S05:21 - Scaremaster  

157 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it

• Boooo! Hated it
    • I didn't like it.
    • It was ... meh
    • I enjoyed it
    • I loved it ... spooky Yay <3

I may be missing something here, but I honestly didn't care for this episode. Wouldn't say I disliked it, but I honestly feel Fluttershy's fears in this episode are kind of exaggerated, especially considering she's been developed for 5 seasons or so, and I also felt the first couple acts were kind of boring IMO.

Please read my post 3 posts above yours.

Well, I don't have an ITunes account and i don't have enough money to buy stuff from it either, so yeah, I had to wait til Halloween. Well, I really liked the way they handled the moral. And even if Flutters has less fear toward Nightmare Night, it's good to see they all respect her if she doesn't like it very much. After all, not everyone's gonna be fond of Halloween. And the costumes for the Mane Six are all neat. RD's in particular may very well confirm there are astronauts in the pony world. And those anime references are downright epic.

I don't quite understand why people are seeing Fluttershy's behavior at the party as being a return to her older "afraid of everything" self. You have to realize that this is the single most terrifying day for her. It takes all of her fears and multiplies them greatly. The fact that she was ONLY nervous about things and not curled up in a ball under her bed weeping proves she's more confident and brave than she used to be. It's just not enough to COMPLETELY override her fear of Nightmare Night.

Please read my post 3 posts above yours.

It still feels pretty exaggerated imo. I can understand that Nightmare Night isn't exactly her holiday, and she's trying to get over it, but I feel getting scared of obvious costumes and decorations is still pretty silly, even for her, especially when she's gone through tons of character development since.

Edited by SuperNESBrony
  • Brohoof 1

Seems like a cozy hiding place for the zombie apoco--er, Nightmare Night
Oh, buck you, Angel. Buck you.
Oh hey, oh hey species references!
Wait...she can handle Fuzzy Legs, but not the less detailed spider dolls?
Crazy old devil woman!
This has to be most helpful Spike has EVER been!
Now tell the one about Hook-Hoof.
The Little Mermare
Fluttershy also knows the dangers of high heels and a long skirts...
Lousy costume, but good for clubbing!
Dash Liteyear to the rescue! Also, nice to see Twilight try out a very new look (that Starswirl costume was getting kinda raggedy anyway)
Jeez, Fluttershy! Did you take some of your old meds from Season 1?
I didn't know Fluttershy was an animane fan! :blink: (some interesting choices too)
Celestia help us all... :o 
Even the ponies are freaked out by those masks!
Jason Pony, good to see you.
Muffins is best Alicorn!
..."Psycho" reference? (Ya know, for kids!)
Wait, if she's not really transformed, does that mean her tail is prehensile?
Go figure they'd finally give that bear name and it be generic as buck :okiedokielokie:

Not as adventurous and eventful as I thought it would be, but still fairly amusing. Dem references!

I appreciate the moral this time. I've tried to do things with friends and family that I just didn't care for either despite really wanting to do it for them.

Edited by Jangobadass

Also, Rainbow isn't that easy to scare, but Fluttershy managed it. Well done, Fluttershy!

I liked how Rainbow filled her helmet with her candy. Convenient snacking!

Edited by Time Shield

Also, Rainbow isn't that easy to scare, but Fluttershy managed it. Well done, Fluttershy!

Didn't you know? That is why so many kids dream of growing up to be an astronaut!  :icwudt:

Someone should have been the scarecrow and tin man since apple Jack was a lion also Tay for flutter bat!!!

That would have been great!

Rainbow is sneakiest pony.

Not.

Someone should have been the scarecrow and tin man since apple Jack was a lion

AJ was the scarecrow last Nightmare Night. She will be "tin man" next time.

There have been four appearances of Flutterbat, right?

First time was in "Bats!" (Only ACTUAL flutterbat)

Then in a dream in "Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?"

And recently in costume in "Scaremaster"

That's all I can think of.

There have been four appearances of Flutterbat, right?

AJ was the scarecrow last Nightmare Night. She will be "tin man" next time.

First time was in "Bats!" (Only ACTUAL flutterbat)

Then in a dream in "Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?"

And recently in costume in "Scaremaster"

That's all I can think of.

Same, I cannot remember a fourth time. But I shall look again!

I just noticed something. Fluttershy's eyes were red when she was dressed as Flutterbat. That means one of two things. It was an animation oversight or colored contact lenses are canon. Interesting...

Or she's secretly an alicorn.

Same, I cannot remember a fourth time. But I shall look again!

I think the fourth was in the comic where they were fighting off those mutant apples. Yup. That's MLP for ya.

But really the only time she was out of control with her vampire "fetishes" (for a lack of a better term) was in Bats. The other times she deliberately used her powers.

I think the fourth was in the comic where they were fighting off those mutant apples. Yup. That's MLP for ya.

But really the only time she was out of control with her vampire "fetishes" (for a lack of a better term) was in Bats. The other times she deliberately used her powers.

I haven'r read any of the comics ;-;