Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

colt .45

So, like the title says, do you think that Octavia might be related to the Pie family?

Maybe even closer than the Apples.

Consider: Earth pony, check; grey scale coat, check; the way they looked at each other at the first Grand Galloping Gala, like they knew each other, check; Octavia rocks!

Check please.

I don't think color scheme is an indication of ponies being related. Vinyl Scratch and Shining Armor are both blue and white. I mean, it doesn't mean they are NOT related, but that is not enough evidence. Also just because they know each other, doesn't mean they are related. From "Slice of Life", we know Octavia lives in Ponyville, so that is enough for them to know each other. That would be cool if they were related, though.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think coat colour indicate of family relation. Otherwise you can say that Twilight and Vinyl Scratch are possibly related because of her colours being similar to that of Shining Armor (edit: well McDude mentioned this in previous post). Before Hearthbreakers, I think it used to be believed that Marble Pie may have been Octavia; of course that was to be definitely false.

It could also be said that Octavia may be related to Fiddlesticks who is part of Apple family; both look very similar (recolour) and both play stringed instrument. Though I think it's more likely coincidence than actually related.

Edited by Luna the Great
  • Brohoof 3