Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Ace Attorney Thread

Alphys Hedge

In this thread, you can discuss anything to do with Phoenix Wright! Any news, theories, favorite titles in the franchise, favorite anythings, you name it! Just anything to do with Phoenix Wright! Ace Attorney fans, UNITE!

EDIT: Glad to see this thread is still alive! :D Just wanted to mention something real quick:

If you have a spoiler in your post, please say what game it spoils, that way people know whether it's safe to open or not. Like this (yes, it does actually contain a spoiler for Justice for All):

JFA Spoilers

The miracle never happen.

Just giving out a tip ^-^

By the way, if you don't already know the acronyms for the Ace Attorney games, here they are (you can hover over the acronym to see the full name:

PW:AA

JFA

T&T

AJ:AA

DD

SOJ

AAI

AAI2

GK2

DGS

DGS2

PW vs. PL

Edited by Alphys Hedge
  • Brohoof 6

Huzzah!  The Ace Attorney series is one of my absolute favs.  Im still waiting on news of the next one getting localized.

Ace Attorney 6? That's already been confirmed for international release :D

As for Dai Gyakuten Saiban, it's sadly fallen into the same fate as Gyakuten Kenji 2

Just dropping by to let you know about best lawyer

Godot_Trilogy_Art.png

PS: I want AAI2 and Dai Gyakuten Saiban :(

Edited by ChicksDigGiantRobots
  • Brohoof 2

Just dropping by to let you know about best lawyer

Godot_Trilogy_Art.png

PS: I want AAI2 and Dai Gyakuten Saiban :(

No objections there x3

At least AAI2 is translated. I swear if someone doesn't make a translation for Dai Gyakuten Saiban, I will learn japanese, buy a Japanese 3DS, and then buy Dai Gyakuten Saiban. It looked like such a great idea, me have to play it ;-;

• Brohoof 1

Hold it! Surely you mean the ace baker! :P

I'm eagerly awaiting ace attorney 6 as well. I really hope they bring back good ol' Gumshoe. He's one of my favorite characters and he's been out of the spotlight for way too long, me thinks!

bMlrtM9.gif

• Brohoof 2

Hold it! Surely you mean the ace baker! :P

I'm eagerly awaiting ace attorney 6 as well. I really hope they bring back good ol' Gumshoe. He's one of my favorite characters and he's been out of the spotlight for way too long, me thinks!

bMlrtM9.gif

I'm hoping for Gumshoe and Maya, and with the whole theme of AA6, Maya coming back I think is very likely

I really loved the Phoenix Wright/MLP crossover series. After watching the whole entire thing, it made me even more interested in the Ace Attorney games. Yet I have not been able to start them yet. I hope to get a New 3DS XL soon so I can finally play the trilogy and Dual Destinies.

• Brohoof 2

I really loved the Phoenix Wright/MLP crossover series. After watching the whole entire thing, it made me even more interested in the Ace Attorney games. Yet I have not been able to start them yet. I hope to get a New 3DS XL soon so I can finally play the trilogy and Dual Destinies.

I recommend starting with the trilogy, but get the original DS games (all 3 combined are about $50 on amazon) to get a feel of the story and who the characters are. Apollo Justice is pretty important two, but it's a bit less amazingly amazing as the others, still good at points though. Then play Dual Destinies, I haven't finished it yet, but it's pretty amazing. I only own Ace Attorney 3 (T&T) and Ace Attorney 5 (DD) at the moment, but if you count emulators, I've played all of the games expect the investigations games and Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright. Here are my favorite games in order:

1. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (AA3)

2. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (AA5)

3. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (AA1)

4. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All

5. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (AA4)

The following are games I have not played, but these are what I assume my favorites would be:

1. Gyakuten Kenji 2 (Y U NO LOCALIZE CAPCOM)

2. Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations

3. Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton

I'll play Miles Edgeworth one day, if I buy it soon.

• Brohoof 1

I actually have Phoenix Wright/Professor Layton sitting in it's case for few months now, I've only done the first Puzzle/case but I wanted to finish all of the other AA games before I got to work on it :P

• Brohoof 1

if you have a 3ds, the whole trilogy is available to download for less than you'd think.  Phoenix v Layton was a fantastic game, though I'm not as much a fan of the Layton stuff.  The court stuff more than makes up for it though.  Dual Destinies was a crazy hoot.  I stayed up late most nights while playing that because I wanted so hard to know what happened next.  It's been long enough since I've played AA4, hopefully I've forgotten some of the plot threads and can experience them fresh-ish.

I actually have Phoenix Wright/Professor Layton sitting in it's case for few months now, I've only done the first Puzzle/case but I wanted to finish all of the other AA games before I got to work on it :P

The neat thing about Phoenix/Layton is you really don't need any backstory apart from the tiny amount of info from the 1st and second game (Hey, Maya exists!.  Hey, the Magatama exists!)  Other than that, it's a straight up side side story

• Brohoof 4

I recommend starting with the trilogy, but get the original DS games (all 3 combined are about $50 on amazon) to get a feel of the story and who the characters are. Apollo Justice is pretty important two, but it's a bit less amazingly amazing as the others, still good at points though. Then play Dual Destinies, I haven't finished it yet, but it's pretty amazing. I only own Ace Attorney 3 (T&T) and Ace Attorney 5 (DD) at the moment, but if you count emulators, I've played all of the games expect the investigations games and Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright. Here are my favorite games in order:

1. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (AA3)

2. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (AA5)

3. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (AA1)

4. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All

5. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (AA4)

The following are games I have not played, but these are what I assume my favorites would be:

1. Gyakuten Kenji 2 (Y U NO LOCALIZE CAPCOM)

2. Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations

3. Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton

I'll play Miles Edgeworth one day, if I buy it soon.

I have Apollo Justice, however, it was my middle brother who got it.  But he said he will let me play it whenever I do reach it for the chronological order.

I love Ace Attorney games, I played every game for the DS excepting the crossover.

My favourite character is Miles Edgeworth.  That guy has some awesome dialogue, "I have no real interest in the percieved worth of other people."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have Apollo Justice, however, it was my middle brother who got it.  But he said he will let me play it whenever I do reach it for the chronological order.

If you do buy the original trilogy, I'd recommend getting the original DS versions of the games, the 3ds trilogy pack is good still though, but for celestia's sake, don't. Get. The. iPhone. Ports. The HD sprites may look good, but the font is literally just standard Arial Bold -_-.

The dialogue font on the iPhone literally looks like this except white (and other colors).

Edited by Simon Blackquill
  • Brohoof 1

If you do buy the original trilogy, I'd recommend getting the original DS versions of the games, the 3ds trilogy pack is good still though, but for celestia's sake, don't. Get. The. iPhone. Ports. The HD sprites may look good, but the font is literally just standard Arial Bold -_-.

The dialogue font on the iPhone literally looks like this except white (and other colors).

Of course I won't get the iPhone ports. Mobile gaming has no place for famous IPs like Ace Attorney (IMO), which would be way better on DS and 3DS anyway.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is my favorite video game series. What else can I say really? :P It can't get more awesome than it already is xD
I've played the trilogy, the Dual Destinies one and the crossover with Professor Layton. I haven't managed to find Apollo Justice though... I loved him in Dual Destinies...

• Brohoof 3

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is my favorite video game series. What else can I say really? :P It can't get more awesome than it already is xD

I've played the trilogy, the Dual Destinies one and the crossover with Professor Layton. I haven't managed to find Apollo Justice though... I loved him in Dual Destinies...

All of the Phoenix Wright games (besides Dual Destinies) are actually now on Amazon or 16 bucks. Here's Apollo Justice:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006TO2HM/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687522&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000B69E96&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0FA9XZ33X9CAY58WJG5M

I've only physically played Trials & Tribulations and Dual Destinies. Others I have watched an LP of or emulated, but I currently only Trials and Tribulations. I'm thinking of buying a japanese Dual Destinies case just to have something to display xD

• Brohoof 1

I love Ace Attorney games, I played every game for the DS excepting the crossover.

My favourite character is Miles Edgeworth.  That guy has some awesome dialogue, "I have no real interest in the percieved worth of other people."

Not to mention "I believe the proper phrase here is, 'you fail.'"

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

The Ace Attorney series is a pretty cool video game series. I remember getting into Ace Attorney after I saw the MLP crossover, "Turnabout Storm." After watching that I looked into the video game and watched the full playthrough of the first Ace Attorney. I became hooked to the series after that and I'm currently watching a playthrough of "Justice for All." I really like the case stories and the characters within the game. I also heard there is going to be an Ace Attorney anime coming soon and I'm really looking forward to seeing that when it comes out.